ADVERTISEMENT

8 Man Predictions

Payton2425

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2007
What are everyone's predictions for 8 man quarter finals? Here is mine

D1
Burwell vs. Anselmo-Merna:
Based on what happen the first time this looks to be one of those classic playoff games you don't want to miss. Still think Burwell is the better team (both are really good) and they are on a mission to finish as Champions. They've been close so many times. They get it done this week Burwell 30 Anselmo-Merna 20

Howells-Dodge vs. Dundy: First of all, talk about a road trip. That's a factor in this game. Both teams are for sure going to establish the Lin of Scrimmage and run the ball. Seemed early Dundy had some struggles stopping the run. Pretty sure coach Spears likes to run the ball, could be wrong though. Dundy has really turned in on last few weeks, Meyer kid can play. Another one of those classic games again here. Going with the home team. Even though H-D has to travel, still think they control the LOS and run out a win on defending champs. HD 32 Dundy 28

Perkins Co. vs Hitchock Co.: Perkins Co. is coming off a big win last week, so confident group right now. Hitchcock Co. is playing about as well as anyone right now. Very interesting match up between the 2. Both have solid QBS, going to be the difference in the game on which one makes plays for their team. I like Hitch Co. QB and the way he plays along with his buddies. Hitch Co. 40 Perkins22

Cross Co. vs. Lourdes CC: Big wig game right here. CC has established themselves last couple years as a team that runs it down your throat. Try and stop it. Lourdes has been a solid program for a few years now with some really good athletes. Miller kid is legit. Good athlete that everything seems to go through him. Can CC stop the Miller to Lee connection and put pressure on Lourdes up front? Seems to be real good right now. CC has ran the ball about as well as anyone could ask for and then some. Again have a 2 headed monster in Seim and Hild. Can Lourdes last the physicality up front over 4 quarters. Going to another one of those slugfests, I see CC controlling the clock and keeping miller and that O off the field and grinding one out to move on. Cross Co. 28 Lourdes 24

D2
Sandhills/ Thedford vs Osceola:
One of those games may not see a whole lot of passing. Who can control the LOS and grind out one punch you in the mouth type of games? Both teams have excellent run games and get after you up front. S/TH seem to be on a mission after getting runner up last year. Their backfield is scary good. I mean they are hammering teams by halftime, not sure some of their starts have played much in a second half, does that come into play this deep in the playoffs? Time will tell. Zelasney seems to be a do it all guy for the bulldogs, and a good one to boot. S/TH too much and controls the LOS up front. Mission continues on, S/TH 44 Osceola 18

Johnson-Brock vs EP/PJ: Couple of teams going on the road and getting the upset. J-B has played some real good teams this season so they are battle tested (FCSH & Lourdes). They can throw the rock around. Plenty of weapons to go around for QB to sling it around. Can EP/PJ put pressure on him and not give up the big play? EP/PJ goes the other direction and likes to pound the rock. Wemhoff having an excellent season so far. They'll look to control the LOS and the ball to keep J-B and their O off the field. Can J-B hold up on the front line to stop the running attack of the wolfpack and get their O back on the field? EP/PJ will control the clock earlier and weather might help slow down the passing but J-B passing attach prevails. J-B 32 EP/PJ 20

BDS vs Ansley-Litchfield: Defending champ is starting to figure things out and play well. Winning programs just know how to continue to win. A-L has played well down the stretch also. Both teams coming off upsets (if you want to call them that). Both teams seem very similar to me and can beat you paying different styles. Both will be physical up front. Key is who can be the more physical team to grind out a win? Even though defending champ is on the road, I like the fact they've been in this moment before. Their experience helps them grind out a win against a solid A-L team. BDS 34 A-L 22

Kenesaw vs HSF: They finally got the monkey off their back to move on after a brutally tough match up with FCSH. Kenesaw has had some really good teams in the but just has had trouble beating solid teams as it gets deeper into the playoffs. Not anymore. Let's be clear their draw is rough, to have to play a team like that in round 2 is brutal. Your prize another power house and HSF. I give credit for Kenesaw trusting what they do and sticking with it. Denkert kid is legit. Man among boys if you ask me (55 carries last week, WOW!). Can they bring that same heat again and grind it out for 4 quarters up front? lets be real for a second here, HSF is HSF. They don't rebuild more like they reload. Word is they aren't completely healthy? Don't know that for sure but just like other powerhouses around here next man up and winners know how to win. That being said I think the blue devils let the thoroughbred take them around and around the track for another victory. Another monkey off their back, Kenesaw 38 HSF 30

Reactions: HuskerO
I think all the D1 games could be great games. A ton of powerhouse teams left in the brackets. Going to be a great Friday night of 8-man football!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT