First Round

Bellevue West 41, Omaha Creighton Prep 35
Omaha Central 72, Omaha North 62
Millard North 61, Gretna 54
Omaha Westside 60, Lincoln Southeast 51

--------------------------------------------------

Semifinals
Bellevue West 62, Omaha Central 54
Millard North 50, Omaha Westside 48 (OT)

---------------------------------------------------

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Bellevue West 57, Millard North 48

Last edited:
CLASS B

First Round

Crete 43, Platteview 30
Omaha Skutt 69, Elkhorn 61
Norris 61, Bennington 56 (OT)
Scottsbluff 58, Omaha Roncalli 51

------------------------------------------

Semifinals
Omaha Skutt 55, Crete 47
Norris 65, Scottsbluff 47

-------------------------------------------

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Omaha Skutt 70, Norris 63

Last edited:
CLASS C1

First Round

Omaha Concordia 72, Malcolm 36
Wahoo 50, Ogallala 36
Ashland-Greenwood 48, Doniphan-Trumbull 35
Auburn 52, Douglas County West 50

-------------------------------------

Semifinals
Wahoo 49, Omaha Concordia 36
Auburn 43, Ashland-Greenwood 32

--------------------------------------

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Wahoo 49, Auburn 42 (OT)

Third-Place Game
Omaha Concordia 59, Ashland-Greenwood 44

Last edited:
CLASS C2

First Round

Amherst 55, Bridgeport 47
Cross County 44, Summerland 30
Norfolk Catholic 62, Ponca 23
Lincoln Lutheran 67, Hartington Cedar Catholic 50

Semifinals
Amherst 63, Cross County 48
Lincoln Lutheran 51, Norfolk Catholic 45

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Amherst 59, Lincoln Lutheran 54 (OT)

Third-Place Game
Cross County 59, Norfolk Catholic 50

Last edited:
CLASS D1

First Round

Guardian Angels Central Catholic 42, North Platte St. Patrick's 40
Ainsworth 62, Dundy County-Stratton 55
Johnson-Brock 54, Riverside 34
Plainview 47, Ansley/Litchfield 43

-----------------------------------------------

Semifinals
Ainsworth 54, Guardian Angels Central Catholic 53
Johnson-Brock 72, Plainview 36

-----------------------------------------------

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Johnson-Brock 52, Ainsworth 45

Third-Place Game
Guardian Angels Central Catholic 49, Plainview 42

Last edited:
Reactions: TwinsRRUs
CLASS D2

First Round

Shelton 65, Humphrey St. Francis 59
Wynot 53, O'Neill St. Mary's 21
Maywood/Hayes Center 58, Elm Creek 50
Sumner-Eddyville-Miller 70, Walthill 49

Semifinals
Shelton 63, Wynot 60 (3OT)
Maywood/Hayes Center 53, Sumner-Eddyville-Miller 48

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Shelton 54, Maywood/Hayes Center 42

Third-Place Game
Wynot 71, Sumner-Eddyville-Miller 47

Last edited:
that's what happens when you have good coaches, they put you in situations to win, the fighting Mendlicks know how to do it.

Reactions: Holtzy
I watched that whole game. I'm not sure its a good thing to be a team full of shooters playing your first game of the tourney in Pinnacle Bank Arena. Seems like the three ball doesn't go down as easy due to the dimensions.
NPSP just couldn't get the 3's to fall today. GACC did a great job of forcing turnovers in the first half.

Reactions: Cornicator
Ainsworth downs Dundy-County-Stratton.

GACC has a crazy opportunity in front of them. Athletically speaking, Ainsworth can run them up and down the floor and potentially blow them out.

But Ainsworth has very little depth. They simply can't afford to sit their top 3 scorers or things go stagnant. That gives the 8 seed GACC a great chance to move into the finals. Winning a tournament like this is often more about depth than talent.

A fine day of basketball. More enjoyable than watching college or pros imo. I’m hoping someone will post all-tournament teams and maybe a few stats.
Stats for all days should be available on NSAA site. Go to Boys State Tourney headquarters & scorebooks are on there for all 3 days

We have started a tradition of spending all day Saturday at PBA. We got to see some really good basketball this year.

There were a few things that stood out to me in no particular order.

Amherst really only played 5. Not only did they play 5, they also rarely used a timeout to give those boys a short rest. Those kids were in fantastic physical condition.

Wahoo player #0 was really fun to watch. I felt he ran their offense about as well as could be expected considering they were playing a really good defensive team in Auburn.

Class A in the past has been a little bit of a dud in terms of the game being dominated by Dribble and Drive. This year both teams actually scored a little from the perimeter. They didn't shoot the ball particularly well, but there was some scoring.

Maywood-Hays Center had a 6'7"ish player that was really skilled. I didn't feel that the team used him particularly well, but he was nonetheless a kid that would have likely fit right in at the Class B level had he grown up in that competition level.

Ainsworth was a team of athletes. For that team to play for a title considering all of the distractions is quite impressive. I (again) didn't feel that Ainsworth used their 2 big players the way that I would have however with the one kid missing so much basketball due to football commitments it is probably understandable. .

I am still not convinced that the Shot Clock is going to make the game better, unless you are a team that just doesn't want to play tough perimeter defense to force turnovers. If you are one of those teams then you are now officially in business.

I am still not convinced that the Shot Clock is going to make the game better, unless you are a team that just doesn't want to play tough perimeter defense to force turnovers. If you are one of those teams then you are now officially in business.
The shot clock isn't going to make things worse either. It's just part of adapting to new and common rules. If a team can't get good ball movement and a good look in :35 seconds, that's a a problem that is unrelated to the shot clock.

The shot clock isn't going to make things worse either. It's just part of adapting to new and common rules. If a team can't get good ball movement and a good look in :35 seconds, that's a a problem that is unrelated to the shot clock.
100%
If you tracked on average how often a team either shoots it or turns it over in 35 seconds without a shot clock I think we would all be surprised.

I see this as a rule change made for the top 20% of teams with no regard for how it will effect the rest. We will see.

I know that people have come to despise Auburn basketball and their ability to game plan around high octane offenses. Many of those people will be sorely disappointed when Auburn appears in Lincoln again next year.

We will see.

I see this as a rule change made for the top 20% of teams with no regard for how it will effect the rest. We will see.

I know that people have come to despise Auburn basketball and their ability to game plan around high octane offenses. Many of those people will be sorely disappointed when Auburn appears in Lincoln again next year.

We will see.
I don't think the shot clock will affect Auburn one bit.

It won't.

If you look at their points scored this year, they scored plenty. May fans don't like the fact that Weeks actually game plans for a given opponent and uses strategy to give his team the best chance to win.
His defensive game plan against AG in the semis was the best I have ever seen at any level. They had an answer for everything AG tried to do.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
We have started a tradition of spending all day Saturday at PBA. We got to see some really good basketball this year.

There were a few things that stood out to me in no particular order.

Amherst really only played 5. Not only did they play 5, they also rarely used a timeout to give those boys a short rest. Those kids were in fantastic physical condition.

Wahoo player #0 was really fun to watch. I felt he ran their offense about as well as could be expected considering they were playing a really good defensive team in Auburn.

Class A in the past has been a little bit of a dud in terms of the game being dominated by Dribble and Drive. This year both teams actually scored a little from the perimeter. They didn't shoot the ball particularly well, but there was some scoring.

Maywood-Hays Center had a 6'7"ish player that was really skilled. I didn't feel that the team used him particularly well, but he was nonetheless a kid that would have likely fit right in at the Class B level had he grown up in that competition level.

Ainsworth was a team of athletes. For that team to play for a title considering all of the distractions is quite impressive. I (again) didn't feel that Ainsworth used their 2 big players the way that I would have however with the one kid missing so much basketball due to football commitments it is probably understandable. .

I was a shot clock opponent, however, I watched a holiday tourney when it was in use. It makes the last minute or so of each quarter more exciting. Also, games that are within 10 points, it makes the last 3-4 minutes exponentially more interesting. Much less intentional fouling when a team is down 5ish with 90 seconds left. Also, it will make close games in the 4th or OT better to watch.

For example, Pierce vs Wayne at WSC over the holidays. Wayne was down about 10 with 3 minutes left. In the past, game is over at this point. With the shot clock, Wayne tied the game & it went 2 OT.

I know it won't change the outcome of a lot of games. Good coaches will adapt, just like now.

I was a shot clock opponent, however, I watched a holiday tourney when it was in use. It makes the last minute or so of each quarter more exciting. Also, games that are within 10 points, it makes the last 3-4 minutes exponentially more interesting. Much less intentional fouling when a team is down 5ish with 90 seconds left. Also, it will make close games in the 4th or OT better to watch.

For example, Pierce vs Wayne at WSC over the holidays. Wayne was down about 10 with 3 minutes left. In the past, game is over at this point. With the shot clock, Wayne tied the game & it went 2 OT.

I know it won't change the outcome of a lot of games. Good coaches will adapt, just like now.

Was Wayne incapable of just stepping out and playing tight perimeter defense against Pierce?

For me, the exact same exciting finish can be created with defense, rather than having to change a rule to promote even less defense.

I will say this, I am going to be open minded to the new rule. I also understand that the people that voted on this have a much bigger stake than I do. I am really hoping that I get a big surprise.

I appreciate you referencing an actual game. That helps.

Was Wayne incapable of just stepping out and playing tight perimeter defense against Pierce?

For me, the exact same exciting finish can be created with defense, rather than having to change a rule to promote even less defense.

I will say this, I am going to be open minded to the new rule. I also understand that the people that voted on this have a much bigger stake than I do. I am really hoping that I get a big surprise.

I appreciate you referencing an actual game. That helps.
Totally capable of doing that & did. That's how they came back. W/out a shot clock, it would have been a fouling & free throw snooze fest.

I agree with you I guarantee on 95% about shot clock. It won't matter in most games.

Reactions: ClkTwr2011
Totally capable of doing that & did. That's how they came back. W/out a shot clock, it would have been a fouling & free throw snooze fest.

I agree with you I guarantee on 95% about shot clock. It won't matter in most games.
Was the shot clock really even a factor then? If they locked down on defense and started pressuring the ball, most likely the shot clock never got close to expiring? Sounds like that was an exciting game either way!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT