ADVERTISEMENT

C-1 Week 8 Top 10 games (playoff implications)

northeastNebraska

All-State
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on these match ups.

Ashland-Greenwood vs Boys Town: This game will decide the district title. If A-G wins that cements them at the #1 seed in the C1 playoffs. Both teams should still make it. My pick, Ashland-Greenwood.

Bishop Neumann vs Wahoo: Crosstown rivalry, Bishop Neumann needs this one to stay alive in the playoff hunt. Wahoo is pretty much out of the race, but they could spoil it for Neumann. My pick, Bishop Neumann.

Broken Bow vs Ord: Two teams that are right next to each other in power points. If Broken Bow wins this one and GICC finishes a division 1, they could sneak in. My pick, Broken Bow.

Central City vs St. Paul: Central City just needs to keep winning to make the playoffs. They should finish the season with a 6-3 record, but if they drop this one on the road, they could be on the outside looking in. My pick, Central City.

Chase County vs Ogallala: This one is simple, win you are in, lose, you are out. My pick, Chase County, only because it's in Imperial.

Falls City vs Syracuse: Syracuse needs this win to get in, while Falls City is sitting pretty good, they can't overlook Syracuse on the road. My pick, Syracuse.

Fort Calhoun vs Arlington: Fort Calhoun needs this win to survive. They barely lost to Boys Town last week, I don't think they lose to Arlington. My pick, Fort Calhoun.

GICC vs Holdrege: GICC winning could help a lot of teams, as they would move from a division 2 opponent to division 1. Two of Holdrege's losses are by less than 7, one to a Class B team in overtime. My pick, GICC on the road, but barely.

Lincoln Christian vs Wilber-Clatonia: If LC can somehow pull an upset, they could get in the playoff discussion. I don't see it happening. My pick, Wilber.

Norfolk Catholic vs Pierce: If Pierce pulls the upset, they are in, if they lose, they may need some help. I still think Pierce gets in as a lower seed. My pick, Norfolk Catholic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT