ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Coach Openings

I know the Boone Central job is due to retirement. What about the other openings? Are guys moving or just getting out of coaching?

I can see Yost take this position. He was the assistant who coached them in the title game and he also has head coaching experience from several high schools in Iowa and also with the Omaha Beef.

I have heard the Crofton job will be filled from within, but I don't know this for sure.

Cambridge Public Schools is looking for a head football coach for the 2015-16 school year. Possible teaching openings to accompany this position will be PE/Weights, Science, Special Education, or Elementary. Cambridge has a rich football tradition in the state of Nebraska, with numerous state championships to its credit, as well as numerous resources and outstanding facilities. Cambridge has a long standing tradition of playing 11-man football; however, the district is considering a move to 8-man football in the future. If you are interested in the position, please contact Rob Gregory, Superintendent of Cambridge Public Schools at 308-697-3322 or email at robert.gregory@cambridgetrojans.org

This is a surprise to see. Coach Graves did a fantastic job with that program for several years.

have heard that Sam Boshart from Harvard is the new fb coach at Sutherland. Sloupe left due to difference in ideas with some higher ups , good coach in my opinion I'm sure he will find a new gig in the near future

Anyone know the story with Cedar Bluffs? Who was their coach last year? Is there any teaching positions that go along with this?

Mitch Egger has been head coach there since 1992. No teaching with it as of right now.

With Coach Huebert taking the Head Football position at Papio-LV, that leaves an opening in Aurora's football program.

It's been awhile since this has been updated, news I've heard:
Ravenna will be open - Hudson took Boone Central job
Auburn will be open
Harvard is open
Platteview is open

Anything else I hear I'll update, what else has everyone heard?

I've heard Coach Porter from Blue Hill has accepted the Cambridge position. That leaves Blue Hill open unless they hire from within. Great hire for Cambridge.

That leaves Aurora, Harvard, Platteview, Auburn, Blue Hill, Ravenna, Shelby/Rising City, Sidney, Alliance, Crofton, Creighton, Cedar Bluffs... any of those filled?
This post was edited on 2/5 8:31 AM by hailvictors2

Any truth that Hueberts son is leaving Central City and going with him to Pap/Lav?

If so will Jensen hire himself at CC?

Crete might have an opening. Not sure if they will hire from within or not.
This post was edited on 2/9 8:32 PM by guard07

http://www.cretenews.net/sports/crete-high-sports/5202-mcginnis-steps-down-as-head-football-coach.html

Originally posted by coachsloup:
Any truth that Hueberts son is leaving Central City and going with him to Pap/Lav?

If so will Jensen hire himself at CC?
Wouldn't surprise me. I always figured Jensen would be the head football coach at Central City sooner rather than later.

Yes, Coach Bolling is from Ravenna. He has been their assistant coach for the last 3 or 4 years. Before that he was the head coach at Litchfield.

Gretna's head football position has been filled with the promotion of Dave Shrader. Chad Jepsen moved to an administrative position in the district.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT