ADVERTISEMENT

Morningside Mustangs

Jan 12, 2006
Sounds like they are really hitting eastern Nebraska hard from the looks of some of their social media posts. Looks like they have a pretty solid program and filling it with some good old Nebraska boys. Might be worth a trip up for a game or two this fall.

Just from their social media pages they haven't mentioned two many names, but it appears a couple of kids from Lincoln schools, kid from central, kid from norfolk catholic Tucker I believe is the name, a kid from Blair, a kid from beatrice, a kid from Howells-Dodge Faltus I believe. I even heard through the grape-vine that Mazour has friends that have committed and if he doesn't get a serious full-ride he might take the leap also, but we will see shortly

Mac,
He committed to be a walk-on for Nebraska 2 days ago. I would be surprised if he waivers. He also has a brother at UNK and a scholarship there. I would be surprised if he went the NAIA route.

Mac,
Morningside has been hitting eastern nebraska, western iowa, and South Dakota hard for years. Typically they pick up the good athletes that don't always have the size for d1 d2 levels or have been passed up for scholarships. They usually pick up a couple of big names each year, but they've been very consistent through the 2000's and just took that next step up in 2012 with that national runner up finish. Still hunting a national title though

Maroon,

Well I am sort of new to the social media universe and must admit that I haven't followed them much until their runner-up run. I was amazed with how many Nebraska kids will be on their roster. I think they will probably have more than WSC as Coach Mac tends to recruit out-of-state pretty frequently. Anyways it was just an observation that I had and look forward to getting up there for a game or two.

Reactions: Maroonhusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT