ADVERTISEMENT

Oakland Craig - Fillmore Central

sakhusker

Freshman
Oct 24, 2013
OC 47 FC 19 Tight game until 20-0 late 3rd and 4 qtr run for OC. Key play on fake punt to go back up by 2 TDs. Great night for OC QB that had been hurt since week 1. He was the difference.

This post was edited on 11/2 9:52 AM by sakhusker

I decided to make the road trip to Oakland and what a fun football game was to watch. I really expected Nick Arlt to have a huge game. I heard he ran for a quiet 150 yds on the ground. I was also really impressed by QB Cole Mitchell coming back and throws for over 200 yds and 5 TDs. I thought Fillmore struggled on the ground game going most of the game considering the size advantage they had up front. FC did have success in the air OC dbs struggled at times for OC. I was surprised FC didnt run the football much with the quarterback. Overall a great football game and the Knights offense looked very dangerous. It will interesting to see how they matchup with NPSP. SAKHUSKER more your thoughts on the game.

Scoring by quarter for O-C: 7-13-14-13

Fake punt was huge big in keeping momentum with O-C and from FC! Cole Mitchell breaks C2 record with 5 passing TDs! Bryce Uhing caught 3, which tied the C2 record! Arlt had 175 or so yadds on the ground and a TD. O-C said to thank sakhusker for the motivation after reading his talk of them being one-dimensional and an average team all week.

This was a fun football game to watch. Great effort by both teams. Fillmore Central has a nice group of athletes, who played really hard. Their QB/WR made some plays early in the game to keep things really close. The difference was Oakland-Craig was able to hit some big plays over the top as FC was definitely keying on stopping Arlt by really loading the box. Mitchell looked good in his return from injury and made some big throws that really opened up the game and allowed O-C to pull to a comfortable advantage in the 3rd quarter. Congrats FC on a great season, good luck OC next week in North Platte.

It was fun to see Mitchell come back from an injury and play well. This could be a team that we see in Lincoln. Arlt and Mitchell are a scary duo to try to defend. FC just did not have the horses to compete for 4 quarters with OC.

Sheesh... they just keep comin out of the woodwork... Just exactly when did I say I thought OC was "average"??? I said the OC-FC winner would beat NPSP and I still think that will happen. And I said that ON FILM, OC looked somewhat one-dimensional... which they did. If you'd like to come watch the films we had available to us.. I think you'd agree. Unfortunately, the QB we faced was not on any film. He broke his leg in the first quarter of the first game. Thus, we spent the all week preparing for their run game with 8 in the box and man to man coverage, playing strong run support with our defensive backs at all costs. And we contained Arlt very well until the game got away from us, he had only 50 yds at half. But we sure didn't see Mitchell hitting every pass on play action for 190 yds passing in the first half. No one could've seen that coming with what we had to go on. I tip my hat... the kids is a very good thrower and as 2010 stated well.. they are going to be a 1-2 punch that will be hard to handle. We played them very tough, although the score won't reflect that. After giving up the long play action pass for a TD on their first play from scrimmage,we fought back, had a 12-7 lead and forced a punt with 5 minutes to go in the half. Unfortunately, we made a bad decision to try to field the punt on the bounce and gave them the ball at the 10 yd line. The TD to follow and then another TD pass off play-action for 77 yds with 1;30 left turned a halftime lead into a 20-12 deficit. After they scored on the first drive of 2nd half to take a 2 TD lead, we drove 70 yds for a score on a 4th and 10 pass to the end zone and then forced what looked like another punt only trailing 27-19. But a brilliant fake punt call netted them a 1st and 10 on the 25 yd line and the TD that followed broke our back. I give their coaches and their QB a ton of credit. They made more plays than we did. But I won't back down from the assessment...we competed favorably with them. Given a different set of circumstances... they aren't 4 TDs better than us. I wish them luck. I think they will play HCC in the semi-finals and it should be a great game.

This post was edited on 11/2 9:51 AM by sakhusker

OMG - Really?!?!? Give it up. You had a nice season. Your one chance in the playoffs ended in a 4 TD beat down.

Given a different set of circumstances... they aren't 4 TDs better than us.

Those were the circumstances and you got beat. Yes, you give them the credit they deserve but you had your
chance and you still come on this board and try to say things aren't what they were. THEY WERE AND ARE
4 TDS BETTER THAN YOU!!!

Sakhusker what is your job description for your team, where do you fit in on the coaching staff, given all the time and effort you have put on this message board you must be the associate head coach or something of that nature. you did a fine job of advertising your team, I'm just curious where you fit in on the staff coaching wise.

Newsie I could care not care less what you think about me. Make an intelligent comment about the situation other than to repeat the score and berate me for my opinion or just shut the hell up. I saw the game. I'm sure you did not. I was asked by someone else on this post for "my take" on this game, So I gave it. Do you even know the definition of a beat down? A team that is in the game about to get the ball back, down one score well into the third quarter and has their coaching staff coaching their ass off to avoid that from happening, is not the victim of a beat down. I have better things to do than berate others and belittle their opinions without really knowing anything about the situation other than the score. Obviously, you do not...

Sport... I'm not a coach anymore. Just a close follower of high school sports and a parent.

This post was edited on 11/2 9:50 AM by sakhusker

This post was edited on 11/2 10:10 AM by sakhusker

You know... I will say one more thing.. since you got me going... I have stated lots of opinions about my son's team this season. I thought we would finish way better than most did at the beginning of the season. They were pick 4th in their district by the man that supposedly has all the knowledge of HS football in this state. I thought we would go 8-1 or 7-2 win the district and make the playoffs. I thought we could win a playoff game. Everyone thought that was just some idiot running his mouth. People posted that they thought 5-4 would be nice season for us and a step forward. People stated that Centennial would beat us and we were ahead 42-7 at half time. People said Malcolm would beat us because we had never been in a "big game" and we answered their opening TD, then another TD to open the 2nd half and then drove 70 yds for the game winning FG during crunch time. I could've come on here and ran my mouth and called people out after that game, but I didn't do that, did I? Furthermore... I could've not come back on the message board after the game Friday night. I could've ran and hid.. but I instead posted the score immediately after the game because others like me would be interested. My son had just played his last high school game and after consoling him and brushing away tears I still came on the board and was accountable as a source of information to others. So blast away all you want like a jackass... I obviously don't care. I haven't cared all season. Why would I now?

Congrats on a nice season The only thing I would say to you is, do you believe your comments and post leave your school and its program in a favorable light,
or do care less what people think of your school and since your son is done, do you care less about Fillmore football.

If you are the care less then you are a cancer

If you wish to help your school and this season could give something for Fillmore to build on, Then please less is better-
tired.r191677.gif
shhhhh

nutjob you have finally said something I agree with, this parent/coach/fan is inbetween all of them. thus the reasons I asked what his function was within the coaching staff, he watches film he comments, he has the answers, he acts like he is part of the staff and watches film and whatnot, Sakhusker, do you know what the term is for you, you are living the dream of your career thru your son, when you should have just sat back and been a fan, let THE COACHES COACH, THE OFFICIALS OFFICIATE AND THE FANS BE JUST THAT FANS, CHEER ON YOUR TEAM, I understand that it is his last year, does he play basketball or grapple and if so do you go to coaches meetings and make sure all is good there too. I have sat back and not commented on your posts as you were using the word 'WE' as in your team, your part of the staff, ie, your not part of the staff, your a parent and that is all you are, a parent to a kid who is on the team to support them, you instead chose to become one of them, can't relive your career thru your kid, sorry buddy just doesn't work that way. you can agree or disagree with me but that is how it sounds.

I will comment one last time, since the season for Fillmore Central is over and all of the rebuttals, save for one, were civil. I do believe that nut and sport do believe what they have said is true and are attempting to give me good advice. I think perceptions on message boards can be misleading. I have posted hostile responses when I was attacked earlier this season. I have tried not do to that, as it may lead people to believe that I am making things personal and about me and that was never my intention. I have stated many times that my intentions when posting information is to share information and opinions. I'm not always right. I typically own up to it when I am wrong.

I'm really not sure what I have done to give several people the perception that what I post on the message board is an attempt to re-live my career through my son. I really don't get that. I am an avid football fan (of all levels). I am an avid baseball fan and coach legion baseball. I coached high school football before switching careers years ago. Because of my background, I approach things differently than a lot of other fans. I have always done that, since before my son was born. My son happened to be on the football team this season and played a significant role, as did most of his fellow seniors. I worked with a lot of the kids in baseball and also treating some of their injuries.

My interest in supposedly "promoting" his team may have shed things in a bad light, but it was really just an attempt to express an opinion that others were not aware that a team that has been down for many years was now playing in a class and playing a schedule that was going to allow them to be more competitive. We've been the door mat for many years and the kids continued to work hard and had goals which they achieved. That is exciting for all of us, but especially those of us that are parents and avid fans. Nothing in my original post was self promoting and most of it came to fruition. Most of the doubters were expressing valid opinions. Some of them were more forceful then needed and did evoke responses out of me that I regret. Those were later taken down and I tried hard not to let posts get to me in that way again.

I didn't post a lot of the above information before because I am not seeking any kind of recognition and my posts are not about me. They are about high school football. I post on lots of other teams and subjects not related to Fillmore Central and give my opinion. Why those posts are not scrutinized and condemned? Are avid Husker fans or fans of other college and NFL fans that like to analyze the games, make predictions, share observations, express opinions, etc trying to relive their glory days? Or is it just because I have a son on the team that I am supposedly guilty of that? Because I will continue to avidly follow, support, assist with treating injuries and rooting for my local high school, in all sports, after my son graduates.

So, I guess I appreciate the advice and have no hard feelings but I assure you this has nothing to do with me re-living anything through my son. We all want our children to have a good experience in sports. I have done everything I can to make that possible but I have never infringed on the coaching staff. I have attended practices and been in the locker room a few times, when needed. I have a good relationship with them and that will continue beyond my son being part of the team.

I don't think anything I posted shed a negative light on the football program or affected the season in any way. Our coaches don't read the message boards. Some parents do. No one has said anything to me. Most would agree with a lot of what I posted. I don't get the angle you are taking. Feel free to further explain if you would like.

As for referring to this team as "we", that is a figure of speech that many people use when referring to their local team. Most of the parents when talking about the team use the term "we" Many fans even refer to their favorite college team this way that have never attended the college. Some even use the term "we" referring to NFL teams. It's just s figure of speech, sorry if it seemed that I was more closely affiliated than I am. But I don't think it means I am over zealous. It's a common thing.

Let's see... did I cover everything? Oh yes... the letter jacket... you missed the year by a fair margin. I wish I was still that young. I was coaching in 92. They don't give you letter jackets for coaching. Just a lot of grief and not enough thanks. Thanks for the responses that were genuine and not vicious and keeping the discussion on my threads lively this season. On to basketball....

shhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhh
chairshot.r191677.gif
Just can't can you, the more you write the more you stick foot in mouth and don,t even know it. You can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink

LOL
laugh.r191677.gif
I have never been humored by the lost so much, its as if I am talking to man with a blank stare YOU my sir just do not get it and never will. But I thank you for explaining a lot about Fillmore ( I truly understand why they are never consistently good at any sport)and supplying this board with a laugh. Unfortunately for you its a laugh at you and not with you. And I do not expect you to even remotely understand what is wrong with you and your school. Schools and Parents like yours are needed to supply the top teams with Homecoming games.

You are right Nut... there's no hope for Fillmore Central again... ever... hopefully my children will avoid the insane asylum with a parent as horrible as me.

This post was edited on 11/7 8:06 AM by sakhusker

wow, SAKHUSKER, and your supposed to be business man in your community, how bout quit with the crap and just don't post, all your doing is embarrassing your family and your school. I understand that you don't like nutjob, I too have had issues with him, but this last post was past the point of no return, you now have gone below his level, because you have let him get to you, it's a serious issue with you and I assume your son plays basketball, you may just want to remove yourself from any and all issues on this board,you think football is bad wait until bb season.
once again I disagree with nutty about 90% if the time, so with that said, you may have along season on the maples if you want to keep posting.

Fillmore had a good year, considering only 16 make playoffs. Best year FC might of had since the Brower yrs in the mid 2000 under Malone...

I can't bite my tongue anymore. This dad did not deserve the lynching he got on this board. He did not say anything that bad. He simply provided information on his son's team and of course he is going to be positive when talking about them. What do you expect? He also gave a lot of quality information about other teams in class C-2 that I personally enjoyed reading. Fillmore Central had a great season. Who would have thought this basement dweller would make the playoffs the first year back to 16 teams? The dad was right--they did much better than anyone thought they would, and they flew under the radar most of the year. Now is he perfect in his posts? No. Did he make me roll my eyes once or twice? Perhaps. But he really did nothing wrong, and quite frankly this boring board could use a little more school pride on it.

And one more thing nut. I don't know how someone can call others out for being inappropriate on a board and have the nerve to post "Schools and Parents like yours are needed to supply the top teams with Homecoming games." That was simply classless and uncalled for. At the end of the day, the teams playing the games are teenagers trying their best. Every "bad" thing that the FC dad said pales in comparison to the drivel you spout. You are classless and also too ignorant to realize it. Hope you feel good degrading others behind your keyboard.

And before you come back with your "you must also be from FC" posts since you'll have nothing else to say, I have never been to Fillmore. I have never seen any of their games. I do not know the poster about which we are talking.

Great season FC. Keep on posting FC Dad. The bullies are in the minority.

I agree that the bullies are in the minority but they are also the most outspoken... not all that unusual... I blame the "genius" behind this website for doing nothing about it. l once again sunk to his level and had my say... now it's removed and onward an upward...

Spoort... how do you know I am a businessman in the community? Are you stalking me, too? Thanks but I'm fine... and so is my son... we are still having basketball this year... we haven't folded the program yet...

So now you call the operator of this board a "genius" - and not in a good way. You wonder why people are critical of you?

yeah I am done with this, Sak has deleted most of his post that got this going and NOW he is just a dad who loves his team and is showing school spirt PLEASE, SAK you win have at buddy its all yours, enjoy your success and keep of the great work at your school, you truly are Fillmore GOOD LUCK
Oh I am sorry did I say that in a negative way, should I put that in a different font or something, I mean by all means GOOD LUCK ( oops I used all Caps is that bad)

I'm guessing the reason he knows your an area business owner is because I believe a while back you mentioned that you worked for a physical therapy place or something of that sort. I'm pretty sure you referenced that you were working on your son when he got injured. So he's not stalking you. You provided the information yourself. Unless I totally dreamed that up, but I don't think I did.

This post was edited on 11/7 9:02 AM by teachmehowtosnuggie

Also, the fact that we all know who your son is, we can safely deduce that the odds of your last name also being Kleinschmidt are pretty high. And a quick google search of Kleinschmidt + physical therapy + geneva yields a wonderfully laid out facebook page. Now that's not stalking. It's using information supplied by you and the wonderful internet. Seriously though, your business looks likes it's doing quite well.

https://www.facebook.com/kleinschmidtpt

teachmehowtosnuggie, YOU ARE CORRECT AND ARE NOT DREAMING. he posted exactly how he was affiliated with the school, I'm so happy someone actually reads and remembers his quotes. thus no I'm not a stalker, no need to apologize DAD for your accusations.

I was truly joking when I mentioned stalking Spoort... I have nothing against your interpretations of my fervor for my son's team. You never made it personal. And I didn't mention anything about PT before but I did mention treating team members.I of course realized that someone could have googled lots of different things. Again... joking about the stalking... and thanks for the compliments on the Facebook page. My wife is very good at those things.

Nut... you continue to be in la-la land... I deleted most of the post that got this going? I deleted most of the post that was inappropriate due to me becoming unhinged after YOU got this going and kept on driving because it was... well... inappropriate. You started every war of words that we've had all season long. And chose to make something intended facilitate conversation into something personal.
This post was edited on 11/7 6:09 PM by sakhusker

go back to your first post on fillmore could be a surprise team, nothing but supportive BUT you just kept ranting and couldnt even keep your post up because they could affect your team. Get over it, your the cause of it

This thread has turned into utter nonsense. The whole damned thing needs to be deleted. Let's move on!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT