ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Official 2023-24 Girls Basketball Classifications

Just noting on the bolded, they control their basketball schedule. At least out of conference, if CRC requires everyone to play each other. Plenty of schools adjust up or down depending on how strong they feel their team is going to be.
It is amazing how some of you think that schools can change their basketball schedule every year to match the level of their team. There are so many factors that go in to removing a team and then adding a new team onto the schedule.

Reactions: nenebskers
Just noting on the bolded, they control their basketball schedule. At least out of conference, if CRC requires everyone to play each other. Plenty of schools adjust up or down depending on how strong they feel their team is going to be.
The CRC does force all of their member schools to play each other in the regular season. Anybody know what other conferences do that?

It is amazing how some of you think that schools can change their basketball schedule every year to match the level of their team. There are so many factors that go in to removing a team and then adding a new team onto the schedule.
I can see where I left it vague...I'm not suggesting that anyone dumps an entire schedule or even entire out of conference schedule, but plenty of schools adjust accordingly, both ways. Might be 1-3 games a year, but it absolutely happens.

But, it certainly isn't the "hand you're dealt" that football schedules are. And I thought that's what he was implying.

How good will Pender be?
They lost 3 very important seniors from last years team, one post and two very good guards, The Frey girl played great at State and the Timm girl was solid all year, the other girl was really their only rim protector (Nelson). Not sure what they have for young kids coming in, but they can only play so many guards, in D1 I think they will be a top team.

Who are the top teams in C2 basketball this year? seems like some of the top teams lost some important senior classes and some schools have moved up or dropped. Maybe this could be an interesting year?

Who are the top teams in C2 basketball this year? seems like some of the top teams lost some important senior classes and some schools have moved up or dropped. Maybe this could be an interesting year?
Crofton, HSC, Clarkson-Leigh, Yutan all will be very good in C2.

Well until someone can provide a solid top 3 or 4 other than MJ, that know what teams have coming back I'll stick with MJ!

Well until someone can provide a solid top 3 or 4 other than MJ, that know what teams have coming back I'll stick with MJ!
Wynot has a lot coming back that was in the finals last year. Don't overlook Leyton and Hay Springs. They were young last year and have a lot coming back as well. Not saying MJ won't be there because they sure could. Will be tough to beat. Playing Wynot in a stat tournament is a different animal though. Overton also didn't lose anyone either and were in a district Final last year. They will be a team in the hunt as well.

MJ brings back a lot of seniors that is for sure, they'll be very good, maybe even the favorites. The question is at the state tournament if teams slow down Yates, who will step up to carry the weight? Lots of times last year especially in the close games and losses the supporting cast disappeared and scored less than 10.

Great coaches like Wieseler (Wynot), Reichmuth (St Francis), and Santo (Sacred Heart) are hard to beat when March rolls around.

With Yates and 3 other senior starters and three reliable bench players, they should be OK, now with that being said, I honestly don't know what other teams have and I do agree that these other coaches are very good and have the record to show it!

If you know this, then why are spouting that MJ is going to be untouchable this year? I will admit, I don't know much about MJ or D2 girls basketball overall. But what I do know, is that normally when someone gets on here preseason and is being pretty arrogant about how "good" their team will.....the end result usually isn't what they want. It's better to be humble about the whole situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT