ADVERTISEMENT

Projected Class C-1 Playoff Bracket - 10/18

Mavric

All-District
Sep 2, 2007
Projected Class C-1 Playoff Bracket if the team with the better record wins this week:

# 1 - Columbus Scotus (8-1, 45.44)
#16 - O'Neill (6-3, 40.33)

# 8 - Ashland-Greenwood (7-2, 42.56)
# 9 - Chase County (7-1, 42.25)

# 5 - Central City (8-1, 43.44)
#12 - Broken Bow (8-1, 42.11)

# 4 - Wilber-Clatonia (9-0, 44)
#13 - Boone Central/Newman Grove (7-2, 41.22)

# 3 - Boys Town (9-0, 44)
#14 - Syracuse (6-3, 41)

# 6 - Wahoo (7-2, 42.89)
#11 - Holdrege (7-2, 42.11)

# 7 - Ogallala (6-2, 42.75)
#10 - Bishop Neumann (7-2, 42.22)

# 2 - Norfolk Catholic (9-0, 45)
#15 - Falls City (7-2, 40.89)

First Five Out:
Milford-Dorchester (6-3, 40.33)
Pierce (6-3, 40.33)
Mitchell (5-3, 40.25)
Kearney Catholic (6-3, 40)
Raymond Central (6-3, 40)

Last edited:
If O'Neill beats Cozad doesn't that make them the district champion and get them into the playoffs?

Its prediction time again! Here is what I have. Follow us @hdendzonecam for the brackets. We will be releasing it after friday night's games. Lets hope I can get those South Dakota and central area scores quick on friday! There are two schools from SD, two B schools and two C2 teams that make a difference in other's points. I'll tweet more scenarios out based on other outcomes. Here is one shot at it. The games I have highlighted in yellow are the games between teams with similar records.

Chase County vs. Mitchell and Ord vs Gothenburg are a couple examples of how a game that some folks east of highway 281 may not notice, but they SHOULD.
@hdendzonecam

This is incorrect, if O'Neill and Broken Bow both win both teams will finish with one district loss. O'Neill owns the head-to-head tie breaker with a win over Broken Bow. If O'Neill wins they are in the playoffs as district champion.

YES, you are right. I missed that when I did the district tiebreakers this morning. I just tweeted the district championship scenarios, and district 8 is the WILD WEST. O'Neill would be the 16 seed with 40.333 pts vs Columbus Scotus and they would jump Chase County and Pierce due to their district championship. Good Catch, thanks!

Should be fun watching the chaos fall into place on Thursday and Friday!

Follow us @hdendzonecam for all updates and C-1 predictions

District Championship scenarios for all C-1 districts

Last edited:
I think Norfolk Catholic and Scotus are poised to meet in Lincoln, but Boone and Boys Town may have something to say about it!

Yes but Cozad could lose and still win their district. If Valentine beats Broken Bow and Cozad loses, Cozad has the head to head tie-breaker. Its always nice to win the district with a win, because they will not have enough points to get a wildcard spot.

Yes but Cozad could lose and still win their district. If Valentine beats Broken Bow and Cozad loses, Cozad has the head to head tie-breaker. Its always nice to win the district with a win, because they will not have enough points to get a wildcard spot.
I don't see any way that Cozad could win this district. They are currently 1-7. As Northeast stated, they could play they role of spoiler. Did you mean that O'Neill could lose and still win the district if Broken Bow would lose to Valentine?

Reactions: northeastNebraska
I don't see any way that Cozad could win this district. They are currently 1-7. As Northeast stated, they could play they role of spoiler. Did you mean that O'Neill could lose and still win the district if Broken Bow would lose to Valentine?
That is what he meant he meant. I'm thinking Bow beats Valentine and hoping Cozad gives O'Neill a game.

This is incorrect, if O'Neill and Broken Bow both win both teams will finish with one district loss. O'Neill owns the head-to-head tie breaker with a win over Broken Bow. If O'Neill wins they are in the playoffs as district champion.

R U Sure?

If so, why does Bob's District projection show BB as (D) projected District champ if what your telling me is if both these teams win on Friday that O'neil wears the District crown. O'neil is the projected champ, right?

Correct ---Only 2 teams can win District- Bow or O'neill.
If Both win, O'neill wins District and Bow probably goes to playoff also.
If Bow wins, and O'neill loses-- Bow wins District. O'neill probably stays home.
If Bow Loses and O'neill wins--Oneill wins District, Bow stays home.
If both Lose--- Becomes a mess.... would be a 4 way tie, with the team that has highest wildcard points winning the district.
C-1 playoff could be a wild one to watch. Some Solid teams 1 thru 16.

R U Sure?

If so, why does Bob's District projection show BB as (D) projected District champ if what your telling me is if both these teams win on Friday that O'neil wears the District crown. O'neil is the projected champ, right?
I am sure. O'Neill is district champion and in the playoffs with a win regardless of other outcomes. They would be tied with Broken Bow with one district loss and own the head-to-head tiebreaker. Custercounty summed it up nicely above.

I have all the scenarios for District 8 worked out. I posted them on twitter @hdendzonecam If Broken Bow loses and O'Neill wins, O'Neill wins the district and Broken Bow earns the #15 spot and a trip to Norfolk Catholic, who is currently beating Boone Central.

That should be motivation to take care of business and not have a repeat of last season's final game which cost them a playoff spot.

From the NSAA website

Steps for Determining District Places
1 To determine 1st place, the win-loss record within the district will be the first consideration.
2 If teams are tied, competition between the tied teams will be considered.
3 If the tie cannot be broken by Step 2, the overall winning percentage of all games played will be considered.
If at any step there are only two teams tied, refer to Step 2 to break the tie.
4 If the tie cannot be broken by Step 3, determine which team(s) played the greatest number of teams with a winning record.
5 If the tie remains, the point system average and point system tiebreaker will be used.

Yep, you're right. I misread the discussion above.

I've made the changes to the OP.

Projected Class C-1 Playoff Bracket if the team with the better record wins this week:

# 1 - Columbus Scotus (8-1, 45.44)
#16 - O'Neill (6-3, 40.33)

# 8 - Ashland-Greenwood (7-2, 42.56)
# 9 - Ogallala (6-2, 42.38)

# 5 - Central City (8-1, 43.78)
#12 - Broken Bow (8-1, 42.11)

# 4 - Wilber-Clatonia (9-0, 44)
#13 - Boone Central/Newman Grove (7-2, 41.56)

# 3 - Boys Town (9-0, 44)
#14 - Syracuse (6-3, 41)

# 6 - Holdrege (8-1, 43.33)
#11 - Bishop Neumann (7-2, 42.22)

# 7 - Wahoo (7-2, 43.22)
#10 - Chase County (7-1, 42.25)

# 2 - Norfolk Catholic (9-0, 45.33)
#15 - Falls City (7-2, 40.89)

First Five Out:
Pierce (6-3, 40.67)
Milford-Dorchester (6-3, 40.33)
Raymond Central (6-3, 40)
Mitchell (5-3, 39.88)
Columbus Lakeview (4-5, 38.89)

First time Pierce has been left out since 97.

They beat oneill 49-0 with O'Neill at full strength. Same record same points, but O'Neill won a district Pierce would run circles around.

Agreed Power T. The district champion thing needs to go. Arcadia-Loup City and Stanton would both destroy Elmwood-Murdock and Tri County in C-2, yet both ALC and Stanton are staying home.

The issue isn't the district champion getting in, its the points system. When you beat a Division 4 team (0-9, 1-2, 2-7), you get 41 points. When you get beat by a Division 1 team (7-2, 8-1, 9-0), you only get 36. Why doesn't the state use the same system they use for basketball? It is a crime when a team loses two games to top teams, beats the pants off the rest of their schedule and doesn't qualify. Then another team spends the whole season winning games vs easy competition and gets in. When the state dictates the schedules, it ties a team's hands when the point system doesn't reward tough schedules they have no control over.

Football
Division 1 2 3 4
WIN 50 - 47 - 44 - 41
LOSS 36 - 33 - 30 - 27

Basketball
Division 1 2 3 4
WIN 50 - 47 - 44 - 41
LOSS 39 - 36 - 33 - 30

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT