ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Baseball Favorites

baseball31ne

All-District
Mar 8, 2002
Who are the favorites in each class this spring?
There is a lot of talented players across the state. Curious people’s thoughts

Class B: Elkhorn North.

That's it. Give them the trophy. Seriously though, there are other good teams like Norris, but EN is ridiculous. Class B enrollment, Class A roster. Nowaczyk will be unhittable by most teams. Fountain will hit a ton of homers on Norris' little league field, so that will be fun to follow.

I don't follow Class A as much, but Lincoln East will be very good again. One of their good younger players transferred to Southwest, which was a bit of an eyebrow raiser.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Class B: Elkhorn North.

That's it. Give them the trophy. Seriously though, there are other good teams like Norris, but EN is ridiculous. Class B enrollment, Class A roster. Nowaczyk will be unhittable by most teams. Fountain will hit a ton of homers on Norris' little league field, so that will be fun to follow.

I don't follow Class A as much, but Lincoln East will be very good again. One of their good younger players transferred to Southwest, which was a bit of an eyebrow raiser.
Thanks. Agreed on Elkhorn North being loaded. Feel like A has depth within the top 10 this year, maybe more than recent seasons.

Reactions: mgbreis
Elk. North got blanked 7-0 by unranked Beatrice last Thursday. It happens, but still interesting.
I was at the game. They started a pitcher that did not look like he should be on the mound for them. Maybe it was an off day for him, I suspect Coach Dunn is still sorting through exactly what he has from his pitching roster. Outside of that, Beatrice is solid and Kale Koch pitched an excellent game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT