ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcard Bonus Points

oldnewballcoach

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2015
Let me know if this makes sense to anyone? If a C2 school plays a C1 school they get 2 bonus points. If a D2 school plays a D1 school they get two bonus points. Why is this? They get the points because they are playing a school that is too large to be in their class. So they receive this "Bonus." The quality of the larger school has nothing to do with the actual "Bonus", its 2 points regardless. So, if size of school is the only factor, why would D1 schools who play Ineligible teams, not get the bonus? They are playing schools that are too big for their class, therefore justifying a bonus. Just because an ineligible school can only field an 8 man team, doesn't change their school enrollment. Just as a C1 schools football numbers vs. enrollment, doesn't affect whether their opponents get a bonus. Maybe, I'm just an idiot, but this doesn't make sense to me.

Let me know if this makes sense to anyone? If a C2 school plays a C1 school they get 2 bonus points. If a D2 school plays a D1 school they get two bonus points. Why is this? They get the points because they are playing a school that is too large to be in their class. So they receive this "Bonus." The quality of the larger school has nothing to do with the actual "Bonus", its 2 points regardless. So, if size of school is the only factor, why would D1 schools who play Ineligible teams, not get the bonus? They are playing schools that are too big for their class, therefore justifying a bonus. Just because an ineligible school can only field an 8 man team, doesn't change their school enrollment. Just as a C1 schools football numbers vs. enrollment, doesn't affect whether their opponents get a bonus. Maybe, I'm just an idiot, but this doesn't make sense to me.
excellent point...makes perfect sense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT