ADVERTISEMENT

Win and In

sports10

Freshman
Dec 14, 2006
Thought this might be fun to start listing teams that if they win and their IN the playoffs. All classes. Lose and their out...

Class C1:

Milford-Dorchester: Win against 8-0 Wilber and you are in. Lose you are out.

O'Neill: Win against Cozad you are in. Lose you are out.

Chase County: Win against Mitchell you are in. Lose it'll be tough.

Mitchell: Win against Chase County and it'll be close. Lose you are out.

Class C2:

Bridgeport: Win against Kimball and you are probably in. Lose and your are out.

Omaha Brownell-Talbot: Win against Yutan, you are in. Lose and it'll be tough.

Fremont Bergan: Win against Aquinas, you are in. Lose and it'll be tough. (Bergan and Brownell-Talbot are tied in points and are in the same district.)

Arcadia-Loup City: Win against Wood River and you are probably in, lose and you are out.

Stanton: Win against LCC and it'll be close. Stanton needs Ponca to beat Homer.

Class C1:

Milford-Dorchester: Win against 8-0 Wilber and you are in. Lose you are out.

O'Neill: Win against Cozad you are in. Lose you are out.

Chase County: Win against Mitchell you are in. Lose it'll be tough.

Mitchell: Win against Chase County and it'll be close. Lose you are out.

Class C2:

Bridgeport: Win against Kimball and you are probably in. Lose and your are out.

Omaha Brownell-Talbot: Win against Yutan, you are in. Lose and it'll be tough.

Fremont Bergan: Win against Aquinas, you are in. Lose and it'll be tough. (Bergan and Brownell-Talbot are tied in points and are in the same district.)

Arcadia-Loup City: Win against Wood River and you are probably in, lose and you are out.

Stanton: Win against LCC and it'll be close. Stanton needs Ponca to beat Homer.
Brideport will also need a Chase County win (or they are out)
Bergan and OBT are in no matter what.
Crofton is in with a win (out with a loss)

Ponca will roll Homer....won't even be a game. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Stanton beats Laurel 1-0.

Three or four years ago Crofton was allowed to not count the Homer forfeit on their record to help their powerpoints. Haven't crunched the numbers but if Stanton takes the 40 point win off and goes with a 7-1 record does that bump them up or down in powerpoints??? Maybe the state no longer allows you to do this either, not even sure....

Not so much of a win and your out thing. But I hope in D2 CWC gets pushed west. A semi final game of CWC vs Anselmo-Merna or CWC vs Sandhills/Thedford would be fun to see.

Just saw a win is worth 41...so it helps, nevermind.
Actually, Stanton will average 41.22 with the LCC game. Without the LCC game they would average 41.25. This is a big deal. At 41.22 they are tied with Arcadia-Loup City for the last spot in (in some projections) but ALC has the tie breaker on them. If they are allowed to discount the LCC game it puts them ahead of ALC by .03 power points and leaves the Rebels at home while Stanton qualifies.

I would be interested in knowing how this will be ruled. It was 2012 that Crofton didn't have to count their forfeit win over Homer. That same year Wakefield also had a forfeit win over Homer and their win counted. If the NSAA allows Stanton to discount the forfeit, will they then allow Oakland Craig to do the same for their forfeit win over LCC? What about Aquinas' forfeit win over Weeping Water?

Here are the C-1 scenarios. There are some real interesting districts! Follow me @hdendzonecam to get all the details this week.

CRvTGejUEAAoGMB.png

I don't think you have the option to not count the forfeit as a win anymore. Could be wrong though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT