ADVERTISEMENT

8 Man Playoff Projections

GrizzzlyPanda

Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2021
With 2 weeks remaining in the regular season, does anyone have some playoff projections of what teams will be where in regards to seeding?

That East/West Delineation line for Class D1 looks like its going to be skewed pretty far East. D2 won't be quite as dramatic. In fact, I think a team like Central Valley will actually be grouped with the East teams.

Humphrey St. Francis is currently sitting at the Class D2 #4 spot in the Power Point Standings. Due to their last two opponents, I believe they are going to fall back to #7, assuming the the current undefeated teams win out, like they're projected, and if Lourdes wins out. In a sense, St. Francis and Lourdes would be the highest ranked teams with 1 loss.

That should set up your Google Maps matchup of the Fall in round 2 as Sandhills/Thedford tries to locate Nebraska City.

Here's some sure things with Class D2:

If Johnson-Brock, Dundy County-Stratton, Wynot, and South Loup win out, they will finish 1, 2,3, and 4.

Even if Central Valley wins out, they are most likely going to drop in the Power points due to poor records of their last two opponents. If Ainsworth wins out, they will leap frog Central Valley and finish 5th in the Power Point standings.

Also, looking way ahead to potential 2nd round matchups:

Howells-Dodge, Bloomfield, and BDS seem primed to finish in the 14th, 15th, and 16th seeding range in Class D2. Those are are some scary matchups in round 2 for a potential top 4 team.

Conversely, some teams like Axtell, EPPJ, and Osceola will likely cruise into the 2nd round without having beat anyone of merit all season.

BTW.. I don't think we can just chalk up Wynot as a winner vs. Bloomfield. That should be a very good game to close out the season with major seeding implications.

I think they will still jump into the top 8 after they beat Shelby-Rising City.
Yup.

If Cross County wins out and their opponents go chalk they will end up at 43.25. That's the exact same PP they ended with last year. It'd currently put them 6th (that'll likely change but should be ballpark).

They play a whole bunch of bad teams (not their fault) and their power points reflect that.

Yup.

If Cross County wins out and their opponents go chalk they will end up at 43.25. That's the exact same PP they ended with last year. It'd currently put them 6th (that'll likely change but should be ballpark).

They play a whole bunch of bad teams (not their fault) and their power points reflect that.
Depends if they tried to find good teams to play or not. I happen to know they said no to two teams that asked them to play

Depends if they tried to find good teams to play or not. I happen to know they said no to two teams that asked them to play

I have a difficult time believing the most talented team in Nebraska 8 man football, a team that actually beat the D1 State Champs last season, was scared of playing anyone.

I have a difficult time believing the most talented team in Nebraska 8 man football, a team that actually beat the D1 State Champs last season, was scared of playing anyone.
I remember the exact words I am not sure next year we will be ready for that but the year after we will be, we are working on some other teams at this time

Reactions: JAW20
These are my projections in D-2 if top teams win out for top 16 teams. May have missed a couple tier 3 teams moving to tier 4 teams which will change the final points some. We will know more after Friday's games.

1. Wynot 363 pts
2. Dundy county-Stratton 362 pts
3. Johnson-Brock 361 pts
4. South Loup 355 pts
5. Central Valley 355 pts
6. Ainsworth 353 pts
7. Humphrey SF 347 pts
8. Lourdes Central 344 pts
9. Sandhills/Thedford 344 pts
10. Axtell 338 pts
11. Osceola 338 pts
12. Bloomfield 337 pts
13. Elgin/PJ 336 pts
14. Howells/Dodge 329 pts
15. BDS 329 pts
16. Lawrence-Nelson 328 pts

Would not seem fair if it works out this way that the 2 and 3 seeds have to play BDS and HD respectively in the second round. What a terrible prize for a great regular season.

These are my projections in D-2 if top teams win out for top 16 teams. May have missed a couple tier 3 teams moving to tier 4 teams which will change the final points some. We will know more after Friday's games.

1. Wynot 363 pts
2. Dundy county-Stratton 362 pts
3. Johnson-Brock 361 pts
4. South Loup 355 pts
5. Central Valley 355 pts
6. Ainsworth 353 pts
7. Humphrey SF 347 pts
8. Lourdes Central 344 pts
9. Sandhills/Thedford 344 pts
10. Axtell 338 pts
11. Osceola 338 pts
12. Bloomfield 337 pts
13. Elgin/PJ 336 pts
14. Howells/Dodge 329 pts
15. BDS 329 pts
16. Lawrence-Nelson 328 pts

All just speculation at this point, but I think Ainsworth will jump Central Valley. 356 to 349. I believe High Plains, and Ansley-Litchfield both lose out. High Plains will move from a 2 to a 3 and Ansley-Litchfield will then tumble to a 4. Ainsworth's opponents look slated to stay where they are. The 2's should remain 2s. The 3s will be 3s and the 4s are already going to stay at 4.

South Loup - 358
Ainsworth -356
Central Valley - 349

IMO 1,2,3,4 and 14,15,16 are pretty much decided. Everything in between is still up the air.

Bloomfield can throw a wrench into everyone's speculation with a win over Wynot.

Would not seem fair if it works out this way that the 2 and 3 seeds have to play BDS and HD respectively in the second round. What a terrible prize for a great regular season.

Isn't that the point of the playoffs? And is it really that much of a challenge to face BDS this season?

As for Howells-Dodge, they're a great team, but they can't stop the run and turnovers have been a mess for them. That's not normal for them. Absolutely still a great and dangerous opponent, but this isn't a typical HD team.

Isn't that the point of the playoffs? And is it really that much of a challenge to face BDS this season?

As for Howells-Dodge, they're a great team, but they can't stop the run and turnovers have been a mess for them. That's not normal for them. Absolutely still a great and dangerous opponent, but this isn't a typical HD team.
I agree. That's just how it works with the current wildcard system. My point was only that there are 4-5 teams ahead of them that I would rather see as a 2-3 seed, if nothing else from a coaching standpoint. Both those coaches are guys who can game plan for 1 win as good as anybody.

I remember the exact words I am not sure next year we will be ready for that but the year after we will be, we are working on some other teams at this time
Just to be clear, you absolutely lied/made stuff up, and when the person who you are lying about directly refuted you, you have nothing to say? Sorry, am I bullying you about because of your lying/bs? Maybe just stop.

All just speculation at this point, but I think Ainsworth will jump Central Valley. 356 to 349. I believe High Plains, and Ansley-Litchfield both lose out. High Plains will move from a 2 to a 3 and Ansley-Litchfield will then tumble to a 4. Ainsworth's opponents look slated to stay where they are. The 2's should remain 2s. The 3s will be 3s and the 4s are already going to stay at 4.

South Loup - 358
Ainsworth -356
Central Valley - 349

IMO 1,2,3,4 and 14,15,16 are pretty much decided. Everything in between is still up the air.

Bloomfield can throw a wrench into everyone's speculation with a win over Wynot.
Yes I agree on all your points. High Plains or Fullerton has a chance to be 2 decided on the final game of the season. Ansley/Litchfield has a chance to get Elm creek to stay a 3.
I think Overton wins out to be a 2.
South Loup may lose some points with Maywood/HayesCenter if they lose out to be a 4.
You may be right at Ainsworth at 356, I had Madison losing out and being a 4.
Curious to see how the season finishes out. I think there are 5-6 teams that can win d-2.

Reactions: Cornicator
Just to be clear, you absolutely lied/made stuff up, and when the person who you are lying about directly refuted you, you have nothing to say? Sorry, am I bullying you about because of your lying/bs? Maybe just stop.
No I do remember the exact conversation. I know what they said, I am just saying if you talk to their coach now, he would have tried to find a harder schedule but its all water under the bridge

Yes I agree on all your points. High Plains or Fullerton has a chance to be 2 decided on the final game of the season. Ansley/Litchfield has a chance to get Elm creek to stay a 3.
I think Overton wins out to be a 2.
South Loup may lose some points with Maywood/HayesCenter if they lose out to be a 4.
You may be right at Ainsworth at 356, I had Madison losing out and being a 4.
Curious to see how the season finishes out. I think there are 5-6 teams that can win d-2.

Ha, yeah all probably foolish speculation at this point. I think Madison beats Twin River this weekend.

South Loup - 358
Ainsworth -356
Central Valley - 349

I believe Ainsworth ends regular season with Boyd County. Could this be a trap game for Ainsworth, or is it business as usual?

I believe Ainsworth ends regular season with Boyd County. Could this be a trap game for Ainsworth, or is it business as usual?

Boyd County is playing well and looking like they're on their way to a playoff berth for the first time in 8 years. In fact, if they beat Chambers Wheeler-Central, which they should, they will clinch a winning record, marking the first time a team from Boyd County has finished with a winning record since 2007. For those of us who remember all the dynamic teams from Butte and Spencer-Naper, that seems hard to imagine.

I'm sure their record will speak for itself as the Ainsworth coaches work to prepare their team that week.

Reactions: Husker7562
No I do remember the exact conversation. I know what they said, I am just saying if you talk to their coach now, he would have tried to find a harder schedule but its all water under the bridge
I see Sutton was on their schedule this cycle. More than a few thought they would be the favorite coming out of 11 man and the wheels fell off. So on paper prior to what everyone knows now that was considered a top team to start the two year cycle.

Reactions: GoBigBlob
I see Sutton was on their schedule this cycle. More than a few thought they would be the favorite coming out of 11 man and the wheels fell off. So on paper prior to what everyone knows now that was considered a top team to start the two year cycle.
I think most knew they went 8-man because they had no choice

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT