ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball All State

Jun 19, 2017
how does a team lose 25 games during the season against normal competition, lose the first round of districts, finish last in their conference, and still have 7 players named honorable mention all state by the OWH?

how does a team lose 25 games during the season against normal competition, lose the first round of districts, finish last in their conference, and still have 7 players named honorable mention all state by the OWH?

A lot of those publications, if the coach submits a nomination, they're put on the list as an honorable mention at minimum.

Way back in my first year coaching, I wasn't entirely sure if a player or two of mine were "worthy", so i thought I'd just submit them and let the publication sort it out. Lo and behold, all my submissions were honorable mentions, which given how good we weren't, probably wasn't appropriate.

But we didn't lose that many games, and I didn't get 7 on. So I guess I don't feel too bad now.

99.9% sure if Coach submits players name for honorable mention then the OWH and LJS recognize that. The 7 nominations are on the head coach. I personally feel you need to have a quality season. In a 5 year stretch I only nominated players for honorable mention once. Wanted it to mean something to my players.

Reactions: runningback43
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT