ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball state champs

nenebskers

All-Conference
Oct 18, 2013
What's your predictions for A-D2? Who will be some other top teams. Take a stab at girl's and boy's.

Girls: (not real familiar with girls b-ball)
A- Millard South
B- South Sioux City
C1- Kearney Catholic
C2- Crofton
D1- North Central
D2- Wynot

Boys
A- Kearney
B- Platteview
C1- Boone Central/Newman Grove
C2- Elmwood-Murdock
D1- Lourdes Central Catholic
D2- Riverside

In A, Omaha Burke is a close 2nd but I think Kearney gets it done especially after coming so close in 2017

In B, Gretna will be a contender like always, but watch out for Crete. They return quite a bit and could be scary.

In C1, this class is wide open. Could see Neumann, Wahoo, LV/SS, Wayne, Scotus win it as well.

In C2, I think BRLD and Ponca are two other contenders

In D1, Johnson-Brock and West Holt will be 2 teams to keep an eye on.

In D2, Mead is always competitive, look for Humphrey St. Francis and Mullen to make some noise as well.

C1 will be wide open with about 10 teams contending. Ponca is hands down favorite to win C2. Someone is going to have to play lights out to be able to beat them.

C1 will be wide open with about 10 teams contending. Ponca is hands down favorite to win C2. Someone is going to have to play lights out to be able to beat them.
I don’t disagree, but I think a lot of people are looking past Elmwood-Murdock, exactly how everyone was looking past Ponca last year

Crofton girls winning C2 No way!!! I also disagree Ponca boys r to tough in my opinion they win C2 hands down!

One of Crofton's best players didn't go out so it will be interesting to see how good they are. They weren't going to be what they have been in the past so this will really hurt them

I don’t disagree, but I think a lot of people are looking past Elmwood-Murdock, exactly how everyone was looking past Ponca last year
Didn’t E-M graduate a lot last year?
Also freeman could challenge E-M and Yutan in the southeast part of the state, they return everyone from last year

Didn’t E-M graduate a lot last year?
Also freeman could challenge E-M and Yutan in the southeast part of the state, they return everyone from last year
I may be wrong but I thougbt EM returns the Rust kid and one of the Dreamer brothers along with another guard? Anyone know?

Now that we're well over the halfway point in the season, what are new predictions?

In boys Class A, it's good to see Omaha Central back. I look for Central and Prep to be the top 2 contenders along with Lincoln East.

In Class B boys, York has put on quite the show so far, however I'm not sold on them yet after a mere 3 point win over a bad Norris team. I like Plattview, York, or Elkhorn South (extremely tough schedule) for class B.

C1, Wahoo is the obvious leader of the pack. GICC is a close second followed by O'Neill and Winnebago.

C2, Ponca has been the hands down favorite since last March. I like Elmwood-Murdock in this class too. Watch out for sneaky teams like South Loup, Yutan, and a very young talented BRLD squad.

D1, although Lourdes has a 7-5 record, I still think they'll be competing in March. West Holt is a tough squad as well. Heartland and Kenesaw are both undefeated but their strength of schedule is a little shaky.

D2, FCSH is the hands down favorite in this class. After winning MUDECAS and knocking of Elmwood-Murdock in the beginning of the season they look state championship material. Riverside is Riverside, they'll always play 3 days in Lincoln.

C2 in girls is wide open, not a lot of talent out there, SSC in B is not going to happen either, they are not nearly as good as past years. Ponca boys, bago boys are good everything else is a crap shoot. Class A has about 5 metro teams and Kearney who could win it all. talent level and levels of talent in the team game are way down this year so whoever can score some points and defend has a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT