ADVERTISEMENT

Best Class A Backfields

Huskerland Bob

Aug 12, 2003
A quick review of the best backfields in Class A for 2017 confirms what you might have already thought.

There is no easy answer as to which is the best.

Here's my top five:

1. Omaha North. The QB job is open but when you can turn and hand off to all-state caliber backs like Milton Sargbah and Zander Gray the job becomes a lot easier.

2. Millard North. Mustangs return a stud QB - senior Cade Elwood - so maybe that could bump them to No. 1. Having an all-state RB like Noah Mick doesn't hurt.

3. Millard West. Like Millard North, the Wildcats feature an outstanding QB, dual threat Giovanni Guido, and an outstanding RB, senior Brody Belt.

4. Bellevue West. There are some unknowns in the backfield of the defending champs but you can count on another top notch performance by senior QB Joe Donlincheck.

5. Omaha Westside. Another outstanding thrower, senior record-setter Dylan Plautz, with seniors Jaden Kohls, a good run/catch back, and fullback Alex Nielsen all return for the Warriors.

Reactions: Bmick64
A quick review of the best backfields in Class A for 2017 confirms what you might have already thought.

There is no easy answer as to which is the best.

Here's my top five:

1. Omaha North. The QB job is open but when you can turn and hand off to all-state caliber backs like Milton Sargbah and Zander Gray the job becomes a lot easier.

2. Millard North. Mustangs return a stud QB - senior Cade Elwood - so maybe that could bump them to No. 1. Having an all-state RB like Noah Mick doesn't hurt.

3. Millard West. Like Millard North, the Wildcats feature an outstanding QB, dual threat Giovanni Guido, and an outstanding RB, senior Brody Belt.

4. Bellevue West. There are some unknowns in the backfield of the defending champs but you can count on another top notch performance by senior QB Joe Donlincheck.

5. Omaha Westside. Another outstanding thrower, senior record-setter Dylan Plautz, with seniors Jaden Kohls, a good run/catch back, and fullback Alex Nielsen all return for the Warriors.

Sounds right but Millard North I do not know much about this year. I also do not know QB situation at North High.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT