ADVERTISEMENT

Call Your Shot - Boys State

A-O. Central
B-O. Skutt
C1-Wahoo
C2-Ponca
D1-Johnson-Brock (I think you could make argument for any 1 of the 8 teams)
D2-FCSH

I agree on D-1. Really wouldn't be surprised if Lourdes won it as the #7.

I actually had J-B typed in and switched.

A - Prep
B - Skutt Catholic
C1 - Wahoo
C2 - Hastings St. Cecilia
D1 - Lourdes CC
D2 - Riverside (although don't look past Mead, well-coached and have played tough schedule)

B- York
C1- Wahoo
C2- Yutan
D1-JB
D2- FCSH

C2 and D1 are wide open to me. Yutan, Ponca, EM, HSC could all win C2 imo. Honestly don’t know much about the teams in D1, but have seen JB a couple of times, I think D2 comes down to FCSH vs Riverside.

A-Omaha Central. (Picking them because everybody else is picking Prep)
B-York
C1-Wahoo
C2-Ponca
D1-West Holt (Kerkman kid is really good)
D2-Riverside

Everyone, myself included, going with Wahoo in C1. Who do you guys think gives them biggest challenge? I'd go with GICC probably.

Everyone, myself included, going with Wahoo in C1. Who do you guys think gives them biggest challenge? I'd go with GICC probably.
Saw GICC play once against a less than full force Bago team. IMO, Lincoln Christian beats GICC first round.

Call me crazy but I think Boone will meet Wahoo in the championship and it will be a close game

I hear you on GICC. I think Bago is talented but I don't think they match well with Wahoo. Boone is peaking at the right time, but if you look at their pre-subdistrict results they went 2-6 against teams with winning records.

That subdistrict/district run was as good as it gets though.

A-Prep
B-York (Platteview could make it interesting)
C1-Wahoo (This is the least excited I’ve been about the C1 bracket in years.)
C2-Ponca (But wide open. The first round games besides Ponca could all go either way.)
D1-West Holt (Don’t know a lot about D1 this year.)
D2-Riverside

You can't discount momentum heading into the state tournament. Although Boone I'm sure would have been fine with the tournament starting on Feb. 27. I think the 10 days off actually plays against the Cardinals, but it still would not surprise me to see them playing Saturday morning at Pinnacle

Thanks for the thoughts from all. Surprised Platteview isn't getting more pub. I haven't seen them play, are they a legit contender?

Thanks for the thoughts from all. Surprised Platteview isn't getting more pub. I haven't seen them play, are they a legit contender?
Saw them play Crete at the HHC in early February. I’m not convinced on them yet. Heiman really struggled against Crete’s big man in the 1st half (granted he took over the game in the 2nd half) and they had one other guard that shot well. Not sure they’ll be able to keep up with 3 elite teams 3 days in a row

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT