ADVERTISEMENT

Class C-2 Balance

Huskerland Bob

Aug 12, 2003
I have said a couple of times now the top five in Class C-2 - Yutan, Battle Creek, Centennial, Valentine, St. Paul in my book - is the most balanced and wide open of any class. Thoughts?

I have said a couple of times now the top five in Class C-2 - Yutan, Battle Creek, Centennial, Valentine, St. Paul in my book - is the most balanced and wide open of any class. Thoughts?
I think you will find as season starts you will add about three teams to that list and yes you will have 8 teams all with a very balanced shot at the title. Just saying because I have seen St Paul, Valentine and Centennial during the summer against a couple of other teams that will emerge as season goes, to be as good if not surprisingly better than some of those teams, but that was summer TIME will tell

C2 always seems so balanced. I was happy to see Valentine bounce back last year, I hope they can keep it going.

It'll be interesting to see how Oakland-Craig is this year, they lost some studs off last years quarterfinal team.

I'd love to see Battle Creek get over the hump of the semi-finals.

Will Hastings St. Cecilia be back to their usual form? Given their past excellence I don't think they can be counted out in any year.

Will Hastings St. Cecilia be back to their usual form? Given their past excellence I don't think they can be counted out in any year.
STC, Sutton Doniphan T, Hershey, NPSP, Battle Creek, Wilber, oakland Craig, Central City, and Centennial all have lots of match ups with these teams in the first three weeks so thing will clear up quick this year and that top 6 to 8 will rise fast

They might be a year away, but Shelby-Rising City is a program to watch. They have some athletes, new facilities and a veteran coach.

Bergan could make some noise, experienced QB and some good lineman.

They might be a year away, but Shelby-Rising City is a program to watch. They have some athletes, new facilities and a veteran coach.

Bergan could make some noise, experienced QB and some good lineman.
I would agree with Bergan but Shelby has been a year away for two years now but you might be right

I would agree with Bergan but Shelby has been a year away for two years now but you might be right

SRC did go undefeated in there 7v7 league this summer, beating among others Neumann, Aquinas & St. Paul. I don't know that these teams were at full strength but it does show they have athletes to compete.

I'm anxious to see how Valentine does this year against Winner SD. Winners team last year would have dominated C-1 and C-2 in Nebraska. They lost a lot to graduation so hopefully the Badgers will get them this year.

Last edited:
Pencil in Arcadia-Loup City as one of the 16 playoff teams this year. Lost many close games last year but could win those close ones this year with a solid group of returning starters.

C2 will be a lot of fun this year, that is for sure. Might see something like we saw with O'Neil in C1 last year where a "fringe" top 10 team to start the year wins it

Reactions: JET20
Pencil in Arcadia-Loup City as one of the 16 playoff teams this year. Lost many close games last year but could win those close ones this year with a solid group of returning starters.

Who do they return? I thought they lost a lot from last year.

They may very well win it all, but we will know soon enough
but I would not put stock in 7 on 7
I said nothing of them winning it all. The subject of this thread is C2 balance, which I offered a couple teams that were not mentioned elsewhere in the thread.

A few big C2 games this Friday...

-Arcadia-Loup City at NPSP
-Bergan at Ponca
-Battle Creek at Yutan
-BRLD at Hartington Cedar Catholic
-Centennial at Central City
-Doniphan-Trumbull at Sutton
-Malcolm at Oakland-Craig

No one has mentioned Ponca, which returns a great core of athletes from last year and Lutheran High will make some noise as they have added some depth from recruiting!!! my top five are in no particular order: BC, Ponca, Valentine, LHNE, WC

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Now that Yutan is 0-2 like last year, will they have to beat Wilber to make the playoffs or will they be able to sneak in again with 3 losses? Brutal schedule!

Reactions: ImN
Now that Yutan is 0-2 like last year, will they have to beat Wilber to make the playoffs or will they be able to sneak in again with 3 losses? Brutal schedule!
Yutan will likely win their district and get in that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT