ADVERTISEMENT

D-2 Football

Antone13

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2013
Who are the best teams and who will challenge the top teams?
1. Giltner
2. HSF
3. Exeter Milligan
4. Randolph
5. Falls City Sacred Heart
6. Bancroft Rosalie
7. Stuart
Who else would you put in here?

Anselmo - Merna is small and lacks depth but they have some players (Gilligan and Gieser) that are electric in the open field. If they can stay healthy I think that they are a top 10 team in D-2. Elwood is another solid team out west. They have a good group of seniors and an excellent coach.

Maxwell, If they stay healthy they are my dark horse. Not the fastest team but great Line play and backs are powerful!!!!

Originally posted by 24 ctr trap:

Anselmo - Merna is small and lacks depth but they have some players (Gilligan and Gieser) that are electric in the open field. If they can stay healthy I think that they are a top 10 team in D-2. Elwood is another solid team out west. They have a good group of seniors and an excellent coach.
For sure Anslemo-Merna. They have a lot of talent.

How good is Falls City this year after graduating 11 seniors from last years state championship team? They lost to a Missouri team that they trounced last year. Giltner with all their athletes and sized get destroyed by BDS? I think this will come down to Exeter Milligan, St. Fran and Randolph. I dont make it west too often so how good is Anselma Merna?

Randolph and HSF have two power backs that will be hard to beat. Don't count out Giltner yet as they will destroy any team that can't defend the passing game. D2 going to be 4-5 teams that could grab title. D1 is going to be hard to tell but BDS has my vote as of now.

Is HSF a better football team from last year? If not then Randolph is a clear favorite to win this class. I have a hard time seeing any team stopping Dylan Loberg in class D2.

HSF can never be counted out until they get beat in playoffs as JJ oltmer is a power back and if HSF meets Randolph come playoff time him and Loberg will be a matchup by themselves. Randolph has a very talented team but HSF has a coach that out coaches many teams that are better equipped.

Giltner will be a tough team to deal with again once they get healthy, haven't played a game at full strength yet. Good time to build some depth. Humphrey St. Francis should be tough again and Exeter Milligan still has good players to make things happen. Falls City SH knows how to win and should be there too. Kenesaw has a lot of good athletes and like Giltner last year, had a lot of injuries going into the playoffs. Lawrence/Nelson has a really good running back and is replacing a lot of seniors. Might be a tough team to play later in the season. It will be fun to see how it all plays out.

yes that score was correct. hats off to emerson they had a great game plan and stuck with it the entire game. kudos to the emerson coaching staff. Randolph couldn't get out of their own way though, with seven turnovers. still had a chance to win in the end but seemed to panic. the loberg kid never touched the football in their last two series. really confused at that and what they're doing at quarterback. the shifty elusive quarterback that scored their only touchdown on an amazing 68 yard scramble rarely touched the ball after that score. appear to have weapons but don't use them. played without Sr. starting fullback and linebacker Seth Lackas due to a cheap shot he suffered at the end of the Bancroft game. starters shouldn't have been in the game that late in a blow out win, but still uncalled for, very un sportsman like. That kid shouldn't be allowed to play high school football, he was clearly trying to injure Randolph players. hope Lackas is able to recover, big part of their team, really missed him. I see them rebounding if they can get out of their own way and solve quarterback issue, that and coaching decisions determine where this team goes from here, because talent is clearly there, just have to get it on the field at all times and in the right positions. Clearly the two QB system isn't working, no one has a chance to get in a rythym, the QB or the team, with all the constant switching. Pick your BEST all-around player, that gives your team the best chance of winning and stick with him before you're 5-3. The eight man game is a game of speed, need to use what they have instead of having it standing on the sideline. This is a team that could have been 8-0 at the end of the regular season, now it's gut check time. Time to make tough decisions if you're in it for the kids and what's best for the success of the team.

well the rant is over. sounds like a upset to to me. better get their heads on right the rest of the season or it will be a short one.

randolph only played one QB Stubbs in their first game. Who was the other guy to play QB? What happened in the B-R randolph game? i didnt hear anything about it.

Congrats to E-H on a big win! Hopefully when the season is over we are not looking at this as a big upset but rather a turning point for the pirates who haven't seen a lot of football success over the years. To answer the previous question Randolph did rotate QB's in the B-R game between Stubbs and the younger Loberg kid I believe.

yes they have rotated QB's in each game so far, but the faster and more elusive and productive QB plays the least. The younger Loberg has put up some pretty impressive numbers for barely seeing the field. Against Wynot he rushed 10 times for 92 yds. and threw a TD pass. Against Bancroft he rushed 11 times for 97 yds. and 2 rushing TD's. He has probably 5 carries now that have been over 30 yards. Most of his rushes have come in a back up role at running back behind big brother. ColdSmoke, in your opinion, as some one from the other side, which of those QB's did you think was the most productive and would give their team the best chance to win?

While on defense on a play that went to the opposite side of the field, #19 from Bancroft clearly targeted an unsuspecting Seth Lackas of Randolph and hit him in the knees like an offensive player might block someone, only #19 was on defense when he did what he did. He was removed two other times from the game by his coaches for doing some other shenanigans they obviously didn't approve of. Kudos to their coaches for trying to keep him under control, but they should have just left him out of the game permanently. It wouldn't have cost Lackas an injury that will keep him out for a minimum of two games probably and probably cost Randolph their last game, because he is such a big part of their team.

So..... after exeter milligans win over giltner my new order is this
exeter is number one
HSF and Giltner and Randolph is a coin toss
Anselma Merna maybe in the above mentioned
stuart and falls city in the next level
bancroft lost a game which they shouldnt have and St. mary's is much better than I expected
Who else will fit in this top ten?

I'm not familiar with teams outside of the SE part of the state other than score comparison and heresay. But I have to believe that Fall City Sacred Heart, with only an 8 point loss to a 5-0 Missouri team belongs in your top 5. They dismantled a pretty decent Meridian team. Their showdown with Exeter-Milligan in 2 weeks will tell us a lot more. I also have to believe that Kenesaw is a top 10 team, maybe right behind the top 5. They played E-M to within 26 in week 1 and by all accounts from folks that saw both games, would probably stack up favorably with Giltner. We will see how they compare to Anselmo by the time they complete district play against Bertrand and Elwood, both among Anselmo's 4 wins.

New top ten are
Exeter Miligan
HSF
Falls City
Anselma
Giltner
Randolph
Kenesaw
Stuart
garden County
Elwood
I think that HSF, Falls City, Anselma, Giltner, Kenesaw, Randolph, and Stuart are all in the same mix. We will see how good Falls City is this week.
How good is Garden County and Elwood?

I don't think that Randolph is in the same mix as E-M, HSF or Sacred Heart. I have seen them all play and Randolph isn't physical enough to handle those teams, especially HSF. That being said, the Loberg kid is still the real deal and is very similar to the kid from HSF. Good Luck to all teams as we start to close out the regular season!

I think a lot of people forget that Stuart made it to the state finals last year and only graduated one senior. Up to this point the boys of Stuart are playing some great football and I think a lot of people are forgetting about them. Coming out of a tough district which has Randolph and CWC, Stuart could be the team to beat this year in D-2. Any thoughts or am I totally missing the mark here?

I think Stuart has a very nice team and has a good chance to make back-to-back state championship games. HSF is a deep team that has been there before many times, I would not count them out. Has anyone heard if their running back is still dinged up?

Not much respect for the ol' Broncos out of Stuart. Yes their running back is out but it hurts more on defense. He was their leading tackler as a MLB. A couple of injuries have hurt them. Either way, I think they certainly should get a look in the west. I didn't see the game, but they certainly took it to Randolph, even down a few guys. They are tough as nails, and proved last year that they could get it done. Lost to a FCSH team that could have been in the D1 quarters. Really a remarkable run they have had with this group of athletes for one of the smallest schools in 8 man. I haven't seen the T-Wolves, but my team to beat would be Exeter-Milligan. I picked them to win D1 all year last year, and there isn't much reason to argue that they can win D2 this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT