6-MAN
1. Riverside (3) (3-0) - 15 pts
2. Harvard (3-0) - 12
3. Cody-Kilgore (4-0) - 9
4. Spalding Academy (4-0) - 5
5. Deshler (3-0) - 3

Contenders
Hay Springs (3-1) - 1

Some quick thoughts: What a difference a win over Oakland-Craig made for Ponca! A rise in the ranks would be expected but wow!

Secondly, D1 could end up being the most fascinating race of them all. I've seen about half of the top ten and it's pretty dang close. Theirs districts with multiple very good teams and multiple undefeateds. CWCE, Burwell and Clearwater/Orchard all undefeated and all yet to face off along with a damn good one loss West Holt. Speaking of damn good one loss teams, East Butler is certainly better than their rank.

Some quick thoughts: What a difference a win over Oakland-Craig made for Ponca! A rise in the ranks would be expected but wow!

Secondly, D1 could end up being the most fascinating race of them all. I've seen about half of the top ten and it's pretty dang close. Theirs districts with multiple very good teams and multiple undefeateds. CWCE, Burwell and Clearwater/Orchard all undefeated and all yet to face off along with a damn good one loss West Holt. Speaking of damn good one loss teams, East Butler is certainly better than their rank.
Ponca to me is battle tested and took their lumps last year and continue to improve, they have good skill kids and in my opinion are the best team in C2

Ponca to me is battle tested and took their lumps last year and continue to improve, they have good skill kids and in my opinion are the best team in C2

I just found it interesting. Barely a sniff from LJS despite their week 1 win against Bergan. Then they jump 8 spots in 1 week. I'm not sure who the best team is in C2 yet. But I don't think it's Centennial and I think they got the advantage of a high rank to begin the year and an early matchup with Yutan before 3 losses.

Ponca's much better this year especially up front which has been a weakness in past years. Surprisingly this comes with two top lineman out with injury.

I wouldn't say they are the best however. In postseason play O-C, Battle Creek, and Hartington CC are all much more battle tested these past few years. Yes I realize O-C just beat them. Should be fun to watch the second half of the season and into the playoffs in Northeast Nebraska.

Reactions: northeastNebraska

Ponca has a ridiculous schedule coming up. If they can win out man look out.

Class D1 is going to be awesome after the first round of playoffs. The sixteen teams remaining will all be pretty damn good.

Ponca has a ridiculous schedule coming up. If they can win out man look out.

Class D1 is going to be awesome after the first round of playoffs. The sixteen teams remaining will all be pretty damn good.

I'm normally and advocate of bigger is better for 8 man playoffs, but I look at D1 this year and man I would love to see state wide seeding in a 16 team field.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
I think especially this year it would make the playoffs that much more exciting. No east/west split, just seed it 1 to 16. It'd be awesome.

Completely, other than CWCE to Pender, I can't immediately recall a team from what would be the western bracket coming east this year. It would be nice to see a Perkins County- GACC, or South Loup-Creighton happen. See some games we don't see outside of if we happen to get them in a title game.

Ponca's much better this year especially up front which has been a weakness in past years. Surprisingly this comes with two top lineman out with injury.

I wouldn't say they are the best however. In postseason play O-C, Battle Creek, and Hartington CC are all much more battle tested these past few years. Yes I realize O-C just beat them. Should be fun to watch the second half of the season and into the playoffs in Northeast Nebraska.
Ponca has experience in regard to there skill position players, who have been starting for years, i dont think Battle Creek has enough fire power to beat them and I think Ponca is more physical and faster than HCC, If they keep winning and dont have injuries, look out!!!

Ponca has a chance of going very deep in the playoffs this year. They could possibly win the C-2 state championship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT