ADVERTISEMENT

Football Head Football Coach Jobs

Gene Suhr is retiring at Creighton I believe, we are not talking college here correct because there will be of openings on that stage.

Gene Suhr is retiring at Creighton I believe, we are not talking college here correct because there will be of openings on that stage.
Gotta feel for Gene Suhr. Had the talent to lead his hometown to Lincoln a couple times and maybe even win it, but the injury bug and a upsets got in his way. Nonetheless, congrats to Coach Suhr on a remarkable career

Gotta feel for Gene Suhr. Had the talent to lead his hometown to Lincoln a couple times and maybe even win it, but the injury bug and a upsets got in his way. Nonetheless, congrats to Coach Suhr on a remarkable career
More like BDS, WPGACC got in the way.....and East Butler wasn't fully healthy either
Let's give those teams credit for having the talent and coaching to beat creighton.

Reactions: Timgacc
More like BDS, WPGACC got in the way.....and East Butler wasn't fully healthy either
Let's give those teams credit for having the talent and coaching to beat creighton.
I absolutely agree, I'm not discrediting those teams at all. What I'm trying to get at is it's hard to believe he went 0-3 with loaded teams that could have made it to Lincoln.

But the injury bug obviously bit Creighton much harder than it did East Butler.

What's OPS's time-table for opening the new school on the Bishop Ryan Campus and at that site they bought was up North? I know they need another bond issue, so are we talking 10 years at least?

I just think Central wants to get football on its feet by then.

There will be a bond proposal in May of 2018 for about 400 million that would fund 2 new elementary schools, 1 new JH, and 2 new high schools.

Gotta feel for Gene Suhr. Had the talent to lead his hometown to Lincoln a couple times and maybe even win it, but the injury bug and a upsets got in his way. Nonetheless, congrats to Coach Suhr on a remarkable career[/Q
From listening to people on here that watched Creighton play and from what I hear from people that had Creighton on their schedule, I gotta believe that maybe he makes it to Lincoln and wins it if he'd had rested his players in the third and fourth quarters of blowouts and not over working his players and leading to all those injuries. Just a thought. Sure sounds like he had the tools/teams/players to win it.

From listening to people on here that watched Creighton play and from what I hear from people that had Creighton on their schedule, I gotta believe that maybe he makes it to Lincoln and wins it if he'd had rested his players in the third and fourth quarters of blowouts and not over using his players, which may have led to all those injuries. Just a thought. I mean it sure sounds like he had the tools/teams/players to win it. How else do you explain all those injuries, I call them over use injuries! If he had all that depth, no reason not to play them (back ups/reserves) in blow out games and give your starters more rest so you have them late in the season when it matters most. Even if it costs you a win during the season, I'd much rather be a one loss State Champion than an undefeated team bowing out in the quarterfinals!!

Reactions: sportsjunkie2030
From listening to people on here that watched Creighton play and from what I hear from people that had Creighton on their schedule, I gotta believe that maybe he makes it to Lincoln and wins it if he'd had rested his players in the third and fourth quarters of blowouts and not over using his players, which may have led to all those injuries. Just a thought. I mean it sure sounds like he had the tools/teams/players to win it. How else do you explain all those injuries, I call them over use injuries! If he had all that depth, no reason not to play them (back ups/reserves) in blow out games and give your starters more rest so you have them late in the season when it matters most. Even if it costs you a win during the season, I'd much rather be a one loss State Champion than an undefeated team bowing out in the quarterfinals!!
If you do not know of what you speak, don't speak. The reason Creighton has struggled in playoffs in the past few years is because of a weak regular season schedule and LACK of playing time for the 1's. It is hard to be conditioned for a 4 quarter game when they stand on the sideline the whole second half. Sometimes the 2's played in the 2nd quarter. The injuries that occurred this year were in no way related to over playing.

Reactions: Camdenrobley
If you do not know of what you speak, don't speak. The reason Creighton has struggled in playoffs in the past few years is because of a weak regular season schedule and LACK of playing time for the 1's. It is hard to be conditioned for a 4 quarter game when they stand on the sideline the whole second half. Sometimes the 2's played in the 2nd quarter. The injuries that occurred this year were in no way related to over playing.
Cork3, it's called a forum, that's what it's for, is conversation and opinions. You have yours and I have mine. The freedom of speech? Ever heard of it? There was nothing derogatory about my post, just an opinion. Maybe he should try another year, sounds like there's still some athletes there. Bryce Zimmer will be back, god willing. Good kid, wish him the best!

Reactions: JGauff
oldopinionedfarte did you get up on the wrong side of the bed or what, take a chill fella......easy calm yourself.

Tough job. Administration/school needs to focus more on football if they want to get better. Also moving to Class B would help them a little. They wouldn’t dominate but it would help. NP shouldn’t be playing Millard North or Bellevue West ever.
Exactly. They'd be playing schools like McCook, Lex and Scottsbluff, which IMO they identify with more. They already play them in every other sport.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Loatsey: your opinion is kinda pathetic..... Coach Suhr was playing Niobrara Verdigre this year and pulled his starters after the first quarter. Pulled his starters in the 2nd quarter vs Laurel. Pulled them in middle of 2nd quarter vs. Neligh. Must I go on? I will anyway pulled them against a physical Boyd County game after one offensive possession in the 3 rd quarter. Coach Suhr is not that kind of guy he had the talent to win state but with 2 returning all state ACL injuries and an ACL Injury in an all district DE and FB, in D1 football most teams don’t have the debt to move on like Creighton did kudos to them. It was fun to watch them play plainview they r a solid football team maybe u should go to some games next year before u jump to conclusions smfh.

Idk rumor has maybe Zac Kliment I think he’s a solid fit for the program! He was the Defensive coordinator when Suhr was there!

Creighton
Omaha Central
North Platte
Twin River
Lincoln Northeast
Lincoln North Star
Elmwood-Murdock

EM was/could be....except now that the basketball program is flying high, those athletes aren’t going out for Football.

Lincoln Northeast and Omaha Central made two of the worst coaching hires I had seen in quite some time with the people that were running those programs. Hoping they remedy those with these hires.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT