ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Beller-Norfolk Catholic

it would leave coach Anderson out as AD, my question here is this, after having three of his kids all go thru the Catholic school system, his wife a catholic and coach Bellar instilling values to young men and woman over some 26 plus years now this Father Andrews guy wants to mix things up and take away his principal job because he isn't Catholic, what if you are a teacher at that school and are not catholic, do you lose your job also. imo the father needs to stick to what he knows best and not meddle into the educational system, I look for a lot of people who back the church there to maybe pull some funds. this just seems so wrong on so many levels. on top of that what kind of pay cut will a guy who has been there for so long have to take, pretty sure head coach and AD pay are not going to pay too many bills.

Strange. Coach Bellar doesn't seem bitter in the least. I always thought he did a really good job as Principal. Maybe he also doesn't mind a little reduction in his responsibilities? Might be good news for LHNE and neighboring communities, though. If the non-Catholics at NCHS don't feel it's as welcoming, maybe they'll look elsewhere for a smaller environment? I always thought it was a lesson for all of us that a man of one faith could uphold the values of another, albeit related, faith so perfectly.

Reads more like a press release from the school than a story written by a reporter.

Exactly. I assumed it was an open letter from the mentioned Father Dan, as his name is at the top of the page.

there is more to this then meets the eye. it all sounds very fishy to me in so many ways. time will tell but I think something is amass going on here with the church and the school.

there is more to this then meets the eye. it all sounds very fishy to me in so many ways. time will tell but I think something is amass going on here with the church and the school.

I agree with what you said. Something is going on, and I am wondering what the true story is on this.

ADVERTISEMENT