ADVERTISEMENT

Kearney Catholic

Aug 28, 2006
Kearney Catholic has been added to the Centennial Conference. Will become full members in 2018-19.

Certainly won't make their conference tournament any easier! Only drawback I can see is that it makes it a 9 team league. I'm not sure who else might be a fit, but maybe they aren't done?

Actually it makes 11. I think grouped like this.
West
Scotus
Kearney Catholic
St. Cecelia
GICC
Aquinas

East
Concordia
Bergan
Lutheran
Christian
Boys Town
Neumann

Schools are required to schedule teams in their division. Too bad they couldn't find a 12th.

Why is Boys Town a member in boys sports but not girls?
Not sure. I didn't know they weren't. Does BT even offer a full complement of girls athletics? What is their girl enrollment? To be honest, I didn't even realize they accepted girls at the live-in campus!

Not sure. I didn't know they weren't. Does BT even offer a full complement of girls athletics? What is their girl enrollment? To be honest, I didn't even realize they accepted girls at the live-in campus!

I don't know about the living situations, but Boys Town's girls athletics are part of the Frontier Conference with Cedar Bluffs, College View Academy, Cornerstone Christian, Nebraska Lutheran, Omaha Brownell-Talbot, Omaha Christian and Parkview Christian.

Perhaps it is because a small amount of female students/athletes.

I don't know about the living situations, but Boys Town's girls athletics are part of the Frontier Conference with Cedar Bluffs, College View Academy, Cornerstone Christian, Nebraska Lutheran, Omaha Brownell-Talbot, Omaha Christian and Parkview Christian.

Perhaps it is because a small amount of female students/athletes.
Thanks. I didn't know that. I bet you're right. And it would make sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT