ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska high school stories/teams you'd love to see in a documentary?

Alunm-Ni. Can't wait.

A couple other docs worth seeing:

One on the Grand Island 47 and 48 Football teams with Reynolds. Still in some corners considered the greatest back to back state champ teams . Interesting considering North was second both years and are setting up for a historic run with some huge road blocks in the way . One being no other than ...Grand Island.

A story I heard often as a kid about a team from Naponee near the Harlan County res. In the early forties all 9 boys played on a team that old timers said was the best in Nebraska at the end of the State Tourney. The Tourney of course was played 4 games at a time cross court at the Coliseum then allowing Class A guys to watch lower classes play at the same time.

A doc on Mike McGee , Nebraska's most exciting player who still is the second leading scorer in Michigan history, a two time All Big Ten Capt. And owner of 2 world championship rings from the Lakers. Best known to me as scoring 40 plus in his first Laker start. Coached for some years in China. Now home in Omaha.
I agree on the Mike McGee doc. That would be fascinating.

we are forgetting Bob Schnitler and his battle creek football and girls basketball teams and you might want to throw in jeff bellar and the Norfolk Catholic knights. I know I spelled bob's name wrong but it is early in the morning.
Agree. Those two guys are Nebraska coaching legends

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT