ADVERTISEMENT

Football NORFOLK CATHOLIC

Anyone daring enough to bet against Norfolk Catholic winning C2 next year? They'll have a returning starting QB, the best lineman on both sides of the ball in C2, best running back in C2 and 4 time 1000 yard rusher (and probably 2 time 2,000 yard rusher as well as 3 time 100 meter champion) and a Hall of Fame coach.

Norfolk Catholic or the field? I know where my money will be.

Anyone daring enough to bet against Norfolk Catholic winning C2 next year? They'll have a returning starting QB, the best lineman on both sides of the ball in C2, best running back in C2 and 4 time 1000 yard rusher (and probably 2 time 2,000 yard rusher as well as 3 time 100 meter champion) and a Hall of Fame coach.

I would guess that if anyone beats them it would be Aquinas. Not saying I think that will happen. It is almost Norfolk Catholic vs Aquinas vs the field.

What is the boys count at NC? Today during the broadcast they said they had 60+ players!! Good for them, that will be crazy to see a Class C2 team with 60 boys out

Reactions: b.beltzer

Who's the 4 time 1000 yard rusher? Kautz is a junior right? Why do they want to be C2 with that many kids out? Do they have any boys in that school that don't come for football? There's a lot of athletic Catholics in NE Nebraska! Wow! I'm assuming they're all Catholic!

Who's the 4 time 1000 yard rusher? Kautz is a junior right? Why do they want to be C2 with that many kids out? Do they have any boys in that school that don't come for football? There's a lot of athletic Catholics in NE Nebraska! Wow! I'm assuming they're all Catholic!

I'm assuming Kautz goes over 1,000 next year. Should be no problem.

they were at the bottom of enrollment this year for C1 so whatever that number is and actually they have quite a few boys who do not go out for football and are pretty decent athletes.
this next football cycle will be a huge change for everybody who plays, no more Pierce-NC rivalry but maybe they can start up the old BC-NC games those were always slobberknockers back in the day

Great recruiting cycle for NC 3 years ago......

Reactions: Artfour3
If your team was/is as good as NC is in C1, would you even want to move down? Would it even be a challenge to go to C2, especially after winning it all the previous year? If I were them, I'd consider opting up.

Just tallied it up:

Norfolk Catholic won by an average score of 33-10 this season in C1. I've been a big C2 guy my whole life so I'm not dogging on C2, but this could be monumentally lopsided next year.

Great recruiting cycle for NC 3 years ago......
Exactly. GICC, Scotus, St. Cecilia and other private schools that are getting passed by the public schools are going to need raise tuition to hire new recruiting coordinators. While they are at they might should build new football stadiums with turf fields and new weight rooms with the latest lifting stations. Probably expand the super secret scholarship fund for those prize recruits. When you're living in fantasy land, money's no object.

omg^ are you serious. haha i think if you are you are the one living in a fantasy land

I have heard NC won't be able to opt up but will fill their schedule with C1 teams. I might be incorrect but that's what I've heard is their option. The NSAA should change the rule were you can opt up in just 1-sport.

I have heard NC won't be able to opt up but will fill their schedule with C1 teams. I might be incorrect but that's what I've heard is their option. The NSAA should change the rule were you can opt up in just 1-sport.
There might be some truth to this, but it would be impossible to "fill their schedule with C1 teams" because they will have district games that must be played against C2 teams. I would imagine that the majority of their non-district wish list games would be against C1 teams. The Norfolk Catholic-Pierce rivalry will continue to be played. I am confident of that. I would also imagine that Boone Central/Newman Grove, Scotus, etc would be teams on the wish list.

That would be a huge disadvantage to C1 teams, as most likely they will lose to NC and get hit heavily point wise for doing so. Completely unfair and highly unlikely that their schedule would be set that way.

The state mandates the schedules. For a team in the eastern side of the state to have more than one game out of class would be rare. There are plenty of teams for them to play in C2 for non district games. The Pierce/NC game will have to wait until they are both in the same class.

Opting up and down is dumb. Just play in the class you are supposed to be in.

You ever seen what it takes to move an 11 man field to an 8 man field? If you had only 2 years moving down to 8 man (maybe future classes would be bigger), would it be worth the hassle of moving down? My guess is no. Also, Winnebago made a wise move years ago opting down to 8 man, even though they should have been 11 man. They had teams hanging anywhere from 70-100 point on them. They just don't have the FB interest there. You think they should have stayed in C1 or C2 with scores like that? Each school's case is different. Have you ever been part of a team that had to have a game forfeited because the other team didn't have the numbers? That sucks! The mistake made there was probably by a school board who didn't want to swallow their pride and opt down when they knew coming in they didn't have the numbers. Then multiple schools/teams suffer. I couldn't disagree with your statement more.

The state mandates the schedules. For a team in the eastern side of the state to have more than one game out of class would be rare. There are plenty of teams for them to play in C2 for non district games. The Pierce/NC game will have to wait until they are both in the same class.
If it as big of a rivalry as everyone claims it is, the game will happen. They will list each other as #1 on the wish list. If both schools list each other 1 the NSAA guarantees the game

If it as big of a rivalry as everyone claims it is, the game will happen. They will list each other as #1 on the wish list. If both schools list each other 1 the NSAA guarantees the game
BINGO, so if it doesn't happen then no one to blame but them selfs, also not fair to give a C2 team more than one C1 team, they get extra bonus points, if you are going to do that, then you must give everyone the first two picks so they all have a chance to play up for the points

You have no idea what you're talking about.
The level of butthurt and stupidity from some people is staggering.

Reactions: sportsjunkie2030
You have no idea what you're talking about.
The level of butthurt and stupidity from some people is staggering.
I didn't state anything to be a fact nor did I personally attack anyone like you did. They were mostly questions? Since you're the most intelligent person on this site, I'm assuming you have all the answers! So, are they all practicing Catholics before they attend school there? Simple question. Appease me with your intellect please.

I didn't state anything to be a fact nor did I personally attack anyone like you did. They were mostly questions? Since you're the most intelligent person on this site, I'm assuming you have all the answers! So, are they all practicing Catholics before they attend school there? Simple question. Appease me with your intellect please.
A student doesn’t have to be of the catholic religion to attend a catholic school.

And no, just because they aren’t catholic does not mean they’ve been recruited.

I'm not sure if I have all the offensive starters exactly right here (and Coach Bellar plays so many kids, it's hard to remember who actually starts!) but this illustrates how much "recruiting" is done at NC.

The defensive starters are pretty much the same way--the Smith kid's family moved to Norfolk over the summer and decided to send their kid to NC. I think the LB Zaiser may have transferred from Pierce around 7th grade? They have picked up a couple of families from Madison in the past couple of years (not exactly a football factory....)

I hope that the Pierce-NC game continues to be played. I will miss the games with Neumann and Wahoo, but look forward to games with Battle Creek, Hartington CC, Ponca and others.

Offensive starters
QB Brunghardt started at Catholic in Kindergarten
RB Kautz moved to Catholic when he was in 5th grade
FBs Schaefer and Love both started at Catholic in K
WR Marsden started at Catholic in K
WR Clausen started at Catholic in K
OL Piper started at Catholic in K
OL Teten started at Catholic in K
OL Pospishil started at Catholic in K
OL Dvorak started at Catholic in K
OL Otero transferred from Madison as a sophomore (?)
TE Schindler started at Catholic in K

I'm not sure if I have all the offensive starters exactly right here (and Coach Bellar plays so many kids, it's hard to remember who actually starts!) but this illustrates how much "recruiting" is done at NC.

The defensive starters are pretty much the same way--the Smith kid's family moved to Norfolk over the summer and decided to send their kid to NC. I think the LB Zaiser may have transferred from Pierce around 7th grade? They have picked up a couple of families from Madison in the past couple of years (not exactly a football factory....)

I hope that the Pierce-NC game continues to be played. I will miss the games with Neumann and Wahoo, but look forward to games with Battle Creek, Hartington CC, Ponca and others.

Offensive starters
QB Brunghardt started at Catholic in Kindergarten
RB Kautz moved to Catholic when he was in 5th grade
FBs Schaefer and Love both started at Catholic in K
WR Marsden started at Catholic in K
WR Clausen started at Catholic in K
OL Piper started at Catholic in K
OL Teten started at Catholic in K
OL Pospishil started at Catholic in K
OL Dvorak started at Catholic in K
OL Otero transferred from Madison as a sophomore (?)
TE Schindler started at Catholic in K

Where did Kautz come from?

Kautz kid dad works for a telephone company so he probably got transferred in or recruited heavily by the powers to be because they all saw he had so much speed. lol

Reactions: huskerfan1414
He was a student at Norfolk Public.
LOL left that one off his list, dont care either way, but find it funny how the best player on the team was some how left off the list, who cares if they recruit, they do, they recruit every kid they can to keep the school open, Coaches do not recruit but parents do. and thats just the way it is, nothing going to change, not in the State of Nebraska, you want a different system move to one of the other 26 states that have it.

Reactions: Timgacc
LOL left that one off his list, dont care either way, but find it funny how the best player on the team was some how left off the list, who cares if they recruit, they do, they recruit every kid they can to keep the school open, Coaches do not recruit but parents do. and thats just the way it is, nothing going to change, not in the State of Nebraska, you want a different system move to one of the other 26 states that have it.
Public schools do most of the recruiting in this state.
This is 100% fact.

We need to get over this recruiting thing...

if private schools have any advantage it’s from less students who traditionally don’t participate in sports... behavior/ IEP/ or low income students who go to public schools for free.

We need to get over this recruiting thing...

if private schools have any advantage it’s from less students who traditionally don’t participate in sports... behavior/ IEP/ or low income students who go to public schools for free.
Thats why states have multiplier to balance the difference in those students that do not attend private schools because they are not required to offer any services for these students

Reactions: wsc-oline and ImN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT