ADVERTISEMENT

Football NORFOLK CATHOLIC

this thread was started to congratulate the Knights for winning the championship and somehow some idiot chimes in on recruiting, that wasn't the subject, the subject was to honor a great team for winning, get over yourselves people with all the recruiting and such, the fact of the matter is this, they were the best team in that class PERIOD, end of story.

this thread was started to congratulate the Knights for winning the championship and somehow some idiot chimes in on recruiting, that wasn't the subject, the subject was to honor a great team for winning, get over yourselves people with all the recruiting and such, the fact of the matter is this, they were the best team in that class PERIOD, end of story.
Agree and the recruiting thing, who doesnt try it come on be real, some schools are just near larger populations and some are in the sticks

Congrats to all the state champs. I was very impressed with Norfolk Catholic, but I thought York's win over Skutt might have been even more impressive.

You ever seen what it takes to move an 11 man field to an 8 man field? If you had only 2 years moving down to 8 man (maybe future classes would be bigger), would it be worth the hassle of moving down? My guess is no. Also, Winnebago made a wise move years ago opting down to 8 man, even though they should have been 11 man. They had teams hanging anywhere from 70-100 point on them. They just don't have the FB interest there. You think they should have stayed in C1 or C2 with scores like that? Each school's case is different. Have you ever been part of a team that had to have a game forfeited because the other team didn't have the numbers? That sucks! The mistake made there was probably by a school board who didn't want to swallow their pride and opt down when they knew coming in they didn't have the numbers. Then multiple schools/teams suffer. I couldn't disagree with your statement more.
And I think you are completely wrong. No offense, but being awful is no excuse to move down. Why not let a sub .500 wrestler pick his own weight class? If you aren't good, try to get better. If you can't, and cannot live with losing, drop the sport. Pretty simple. We have too big of schools playing 8 man looking for easier targets...er, for "safety reasons", and then this chain reaction drags other schools down, until you are looking at numbers like 140 kids 9-11 being in C2.

Reactions: runningback43
Thats why states have multiplier to balance the difference in those students that do not attend private schools because they are not required to offer any services for these students
Wait? Only kids with good behavior are good at athletics? Special needs kids can't be talented wrestlers? Low income kids can't be good at BB? Huh. So this multiplier that has to do with classroom services affects sports how, exactly?

Wait? Only kids with good behavior are good at athletics? Special needs kids can't be talented wrestlers? Low income kids can't be good at BB? Huh. So this multiplier that has to do with classroom services affects sports how, exactly?
You have never been in a public school just stop, Public schools have special needs kids that will never be talented at a sport, never come one get real

LOL left that one off his list, dont care either way, but find it funny how the best player on the team was some how left off the list, who cares if they recruit, they do, they recruit every kid they can to keep the school open, Coaches do not recruit but parents do. and thats just the way it is, nothing going to change, not in the State of Nebraska, you want a different system move to one of the other 26 states that have it.
Did you not read 999's post? Or choose to continue to live in your fake news, fantasy world? I'm sorry, but if I was that angry, and someone presented me evidence to the contrary, I'd reevalute my assumptions.

You have never been in a public school just stop, Public schools have special needs kids that will never be talented at a sport, never come one get real
And what about all the ones that ARE? What percent of D1 athletes do you think, if you stop to do so, fit into one of your categories?

And what about all the ones that ARE? What percent of D1 athletes do you think, if you stop to do so, fit into one of your categories?
I am not even close to saying you need a multiplier for low income or ESL kids, I do not think you need a success multiplier, Only two factors in my opinion can you make a case for a multiplier and that is SPED and population density. I often wondered what class schools would fall into if they used a system much like legion baseball, based on populations of the kids on the team, this would also effect Public schools and maybe a very fair system

Kautz transferred to Catholic going into his freshman year.
which is completely okay and like I said the only system I can see that would be fair to all is a population system like legion baseball, or a multiplier that only takes into account Sped, but any other in my opinion is unfair to the private schools, and thats not the way to be successful to punish those who are.

who cares when he got there, he is in the system and has been for quite some time, i know for a fact he was there in 7th and 8th grade.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
And I think you are completely wrong. No offense, but being awful is no excuse to move down. Why not let a sub .500 wrestler pick his own weight class? If you aren't good, try to get better. If you can't, and cannot live with losing, drop the sport. Pretty simple. We have too big of schools playing 8 man looking for easier targets...er, for "safety reasons", and then this chain reaction drags other schools down, until you are looking at numbers like 140 kids 9-11 being in C2.
I'm not sure what all sports my own philosophy would apply to. Football seems to be a beast of it's own, so maybe I'll just stick with my own ideas on moving down a class in that sport. I respect your philosophy. In theory, it's tough to argue with. However, seeing that there are some communities or cultures that really aren't that interested in football, and seeing their teams get beaten by 80 points, maybe you'd have to experience it before you believe it.

I'm not sure what all sports my own philosophy would apply to. Football seems to be a beast of it's own, so maybe I'll just stick with my own ideas on moving down a class in that sport. I respect your philosophy. In theory, it's tough to argue with. However, seeing that there are some communities or cultures that really aren't that interested in football, and seeing their teams get beaten by 80 points, maybe you'd have to experience it before you believe it.
I know it can totally suck. But I honestly don't think the answer is to find smaller, and smaller schools until we find someone who we can beat by 80. Or go 0-9. Or whatever. You either get better, or if you simply can't, or won't you'd better find some educational value and character building in struggling and sacrificing without instant benefits, or you don't offer the sport. Period. To me it's that simple. We've ALREADY sorted schools by size. Allowing schools to "class shop" until they can find someone THEY can bully strikes me as the most patently unfair thing we do. Again, I point to the wrestling analogy. I get what you're saying. It's no fun to lose. But, for my part, I'd rather lose honestly than be a bully. This will tick people off, no doubt, but Harvard had ZERO business as a nearly C2 school playing 6 man football. I'd have been too embarrassed to celebrate any "achievements" if that was my team.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
[QUOTEt Harvard had ZERO business as a nearly C2 school playing 6 man football. I'd have been too embarrassed to celebrate any "achievements" if that was my team.[/QUOTE]
I agree 100% what a joke

I know it can totally suck. But I honestly don't think the answer is to find smaller, and smaller schools until we find someone who we can beat by 80. Or go 0-9. Or whatever. You either get better, or if you simply can't, or won't you'd better find some educational value and character building in struggling and sacrificing without instant benefits, or you don't offer the sport. Period. To me it's that simple. We've ALREADY sorted schools by size. Allowing schools to "class shop" until they can find someone THEY can bully strikes me as the most patently unfair thing we do. Again, I point to the wrestling analogy. I get what you're saying. It's no fun to lose. But, for my part, I'd rather lose honestly than be a bully. This will tick people off, no doubt, but Harvard had ZERO business as a nearly C2 school playing 6 man football. I'd have been too embarrassed to celebrate any "achievements" if that was my team.
I can't argue that some schools take advantage of the situation. And there lies the greatest problem if you ask me. Did Riverside opt to play down? What were their player #'s like the last few years?

Same argument every year because nothing ever changes. It is what it is. I for one won’t attack sucessfull programs. Some jobs are better than others. It comes down to Or at least starts with what a community/school district wants to put emphasis on and support.

Reactions: runningback43
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT