ADVERTISEMENT

NSAA ?

Why does it take so long to get the classifications out for basketball, when will they be out?
I believe at the last meeting a couple days ago they just approved the Manuals for the winter sports, which include official designations of things such as playoff format and other intricacies of the sport. I would expect the classifications to be posted any day now.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
That has nothing to do with 2024-2025 activities enrollment.

The October 1 enrollment count for 2024 will be used for 2025-2026 activities.

Does the state still certify school enrollment numbers on last Friday in September? Could that be some of the reason?
Schools also have until October 1st to put in for coops, and the board meeting has to take place as mentioned above is my guess.

What's the rush? Everyone's schedules are already set. Districts are in February. Practice is a month away.

I do totally understand why people want to know. I just find it interesting that some get bent out of shape waiting for it to be released, just like they do for district assignments...even though their schedule won't change after they're released.

Last edited:
Schools also have until October 1st to put in for coops, and the board meeting has to take place as mentioned above is my guess.

What's the rush? Everyone's schedules are already set. Districts are in February. Practice is a month away.

I do totally understand why people want to know. I just find it interesting that some get bent out of shape waiting for it to be released, just like they do for district assignments...even though their schedule won't change after they're released.
District assignments should be made long before the season starts. Districts are the ONLY games that matter in basketball prior to the state tournament. If I have Wahoo in my district I want to know so I can prepare for the 1-3-1 starting in the summer time.

District assignments should be made long before the season starts. Districts are the ONLY games that matter in basketball prior to the state tournament. If I have Wahoo in my district I want to know so I can prepare for the 1-3-1 starting in the summer time.
That can't happen until classifications are known. Classifications aren't known until the deadline for coops. Then schools have a week to decide if they opt up or down in any activity. After that time the districts can be prepared.

Also, if Wahoo weren't in B in boys like they are, then no one would know what district they're in anyway. Plus B is looking at changing their district format too. So....no one would know who's in what district anyway...

Sorry but no team prepares for the 1-3-1 all summer long because they know they have Wahoo in their district. They play 20-22 games before that, which do matter...just not as much as those district games. Anyone that plays Wahoo (or any other opponent) is preparing different options to beat the 1-3-1, and any other zone. Wahoo played more man to man last year than zone...

With the overall goal being (right or wrong) to get the best 8 teams to State, the Sub Districts can't be set in the summertime, and District Finals is a re-rack anyway.

I know that this system can cause anxiety for people, but it is so much better than what we had. That old system put 3 of the Top 5 teams in the same district.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT