ADVERTISEMENT

Potential C2 FB Districts 2018/19

Jan 10, 2005
C2 was a little trickier to lay out. I added Elmwood-Murdock as a C2 school - no inside info on them opting up, just needed a nice round 40 teams. Which brought up a question - if there are 39 teams in C2 and districts are required to be between 5 and 6, is the NSAA ok with seven districts in C2?

Here is the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...b&ll=41.66675683660219,-99.68307494999999&z=7

Here is the full list of teams that I pulled from another thread on the board:
  • Aquinas
  • Archbishop Bergan (Opting up to C-2)
  • Battle Creek
  • Bridgeport
  • BRLD
  • Centennial
  • Centura
  • Crofton (Opting up to C-2)
  • David City
  • Doniphan-Trumbull
  • Elmwood-Murdock (opting up?)
  • Freeman
  • Gibbon
  • GICC
  • Gordon-Rushville
  • Hastings St. Cecilia (Opting up to C-2)
  • HCC
  • Hershey
  • Johnson Co. Central
  • LHNE (Opting up to C-2)
  • Louisville (Opting down to c-2, ineligible for playoffs year one)
  • Malcolm
  • Norfolk Catholic
  • North Bend Central
  • NPSP (opting up to C-2)
  • Oakland Craig
  • Palmyra
  • Ponca
  • Sandy Creek
  • Shelby-Rising City
  • St Paul
  • Stanton
  • Sutton
  • Syracuse
  • Tekamah-Herman
  • Twin River
  • Valentine (deciding soon on whether to opt down to C-2)
  • Wilber-Clatonia
  • Wood River
  • Yutan
If Valentine does decide to stay C1 - it will be interesting to see who gets pulled out west (Gibbon?).

My list of C2 schools, please advise if I have something wrong with opting up or down. I am going off of what I have seen on here. My use of the word "confirmed" is based on other coaches and administrators that I have spoken with. Not all of the conversations have been direct with a coach or administrator from that school. Please post if inaccurate. My intention is not to spread false information.

Syracuse
Gordon-Rushville
Norfolk Catholic
St Paul
Hershey
North Bend Central
Aquinas
David City
Johnson County Central
Malcolm
GICC
Wood River
Twin River
Tekamah-Herman
Gibbon
Doniphan-Trumbull
Centura
Bridgeport
Shelby-Rising City
Wilber-Clatonia
Centennial
Ponca
Battle Creek
BRLD
Sutton
Southern Valley (Confirmed to play 11 man, approved at Board Meeting Monday)
Oakland-Craig
Yutan
Sandy Creek
Stanton
HCC
Freeman
NP St Patricks (Opting up to 11 Man-Confirmed)
Hastings St Cecilia (Opting up to 11 Man-Confirmed)
Crofton (Opting up to 11 Man-Confirmed)
Archbishop Bergan (Opting up to 11 Man-Confirmed)
LHNE (Opting up to 11 Man-Confirmed)
Elmwood-Murdock (Opting up to C2)

Louisville (Opting down to C2-Confirmed)

Valentine (Enrollment 70, deciding whether to opt down)

These schools are 11 man numbers but opting down, so I've heard. Some confirmed, some not.
Madison (opting down to 8 Man-Confirmed)
Kimball (opting down to 8 Man-Confirmed)
Ravenna (opting down to 8 Man-Confirmed)
Wakefiled (opting down to 8 Man)
Hemingford (opting down to 8 Man)
Perkins County (opting down to 8 Man-Confirmed)
Cambridge (opting down to 8 Man-Confirmed)
Superior (opting down to 8 Man)
Palmyra (opting down to 8 Man)
Morrill (opting down to 8 Man)

Anyone have information on Wakefield, Hemingford, Superior, Palmyra, Morrill, Valentine, Elmwood-Murdock?

I'll take a shot at districts here in a minute. I am going to assume Valentine goes C1. That makes 39 teams. If they come down to C2 it makes eight districts of 5 teams, which is easier to deal with, but I have a hunch Valentine will go C1.

I don't have 100% accurate information, but I have heard that Elmwood-Murdock will probably opt-down to 8 man

I did the easier one first, which is 8 districts of 5 teams for a total of 40 teams, including Elmwood-Murdock and Valentine. Here is what I came up with. It actually works out pretty good, but there are several other ways to divide these 40 up.

Bridgeport, Gordon-Rushville, Valentine, Hershey, NP St Pats
So Valley, Gibbon, St Cecilia, Sandy Creek, Sutton
Centura, Wood River, GICC, Doniphan-Trumbull, St Paul
Twin River, Aquinas, David City, Shelby-Rising City, Centennial
Battle Creek, LHNE, Norfolk Catholic, Hartington CC, Crofton
Ponca, Stanton, BRLD, Oakland-Craig, Tekamah-Herman
North Bend Central, Archbishop Bergan, Yutan, Lousiville, Malcolm
Elmwood-Murdock, Syracuse, Wilber-Clatonia, Freeman, Johnson County Central

If Valentine goes C2 the district out west is a lock. The next two districts over could go a lot of different ways, but those 10 teams probably make up those 2 districts. Maybe Sutton gets shipped east and Twin River gets pulled west, but I'd bet on those 10 making up those 2 districts. The Crofton, HCC, NC, LHNE, Battle Creek district is a meat grinder. I don't know how they divide that northeast section up because you have Ponca, Crofton, HCC to the extreme north, then Battle Creek, NC, LHNE, Stanton kind of clustered together, then BRLD, O-C, and T-H clustered together.

Last edited:
Class C-2 District Projections (7 Districts of 38 total teams)
1: Bridgeport, Gordon-Rushville, So. Valley, Hershey, NP St Pats
2: St Cecilia, Sandy Creek, Sutton, Centennial, D-T
3: Centura, Wood River, GICC, St Paul, Gibbon, Twin River
4: Shelby-Rising City, Aquinas, David City, Stanton, North Bend
5: Battle Creek, LHNE, Norfolk Catholic, Hartington CC, Crofton, Ponca
6: BRLD, Oakland-Craig, Tekamah-Herman, Bergan, Yutan
7: Malcolm, Syracuse, Wilber-Clatonia, Freeman, Johnson County Central, Louisville
**LHNE and Johnson Co. Central may play 8-man which would result in 36 C-2 teams and possibly 6 districts of 6! These are projections only, does anyone else know of any other teams electing to opt up or down to C-2?

I would guess the 4 western teams could be in a 4 team district. does not seem to make much sense to send southern valley or gibbon into that district.

southern valley to gordon is a five plus hour drive, to bridgeport is a little more than 4.

gordon rushville is in a tough spot regardless. travel-wise, it might have been better to be in C1. They will probably still get Chadron, Valentine, and Mitchell, plus a SD school. The other five will probably consist of Bridgeport, Hershey, St. Pat's and 2 other lengthy drives!!

The NSAA just decided at their last meeting that districts will be made up of 5 or 6 teams. I don't think a 4-team district is a possibility.

You're correct, I forgot that. Still, not sure it makes a lot of sense to send Southern Valley or Gibbon into that district, even though they both most likely will get a game or two out of that district. Kimball and Bayard both going to 8 man puts Gordon and Bridgeport in a tough spot.

Class C-2 District Projections (7 Districts of 38 total teams)
1: Bridgeport, Gordon-Rushville, So. Valley, Hershey, NP St Pats
2: St Cecilia, Sandy Creek, Sutton, Centennial, D-T
3: Centura, Wood River, GICC, St Paul, Gibbon, Twin River
4: Shelby-Rising City, Aquinas, David City, Stanton, North Bend
5: Battle Creek, LHNE, Norfolk Catholic, Hartington CC, Crofton, Ponca
6: BRLD, Oakland-Craig, Tekamah-Herman, Bergan, Yutan
7: Malcolm, Syracuse, Wilber-Clatonia, Freeman, Johnson County Central, Louisville
**LHNE and Johnson Co. Central may play 8-man which would result in 36 C-2 teams and possibly 6 districts of 6! These are projections only, does anyone else know of any other teams electing to opt up or down to C-2?
Can someone pin these on a google map, might give a better Idea, they start with furtherest west and work east

Last edited:
I'm guessing this is a typo. The coaches at LHNE have said they will play 8 man this upcoming cycle.
Someone from LHNE should probably contact the NSAA and reiterate that message, in the event the NSAA didn't get it. From the declarations page, it would appear the NSAA was told 11 man.

I heard Coach Suckstorf on the radio two weeks ago and he told Joe Tjaden that LHNE would play 8-man next year. Even talked about making the modifications to continue playing games at Memorial Field.

I've also heard several sources saying LHNE planned on playing 8man this next cycle

I heard Coach Suckstorf on the radio two weeks ago and he told Joe Tjaden that LHNE would play 8-man next year. Even talked about making the modifications to continue playing games at Memorial Field.
That will be an interesting process. Modifying an existing field turf field that is set up for 11 man football to also accommodate 8 man football without eliminating the 11 man lines. I hope it works out because that is a great facility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT