9. Stuart (3-2) - 10
10. Sioux County (4-1) - 9

Contenders
Cody-Kilgore (3-2) - 5
Southwest (3-1) - 3
Franklin (2-2) - 2
Shelton (3-1) - 2

Reactions: saluno22
Once again the class D rankings are extremely SKEWED by just a few voters. How can you punish some teams for weaker schedules but raise some up that have even weaker opponents? Are we actually looking at these teams being ranked or just looking at records and seeing what names we recognize? I know, I know the rankings dont matter only who holds the trophy at the end of the year, but some of these so called experts need to let some of the other media handle the Class D rankings. People like NeNext, 8by80, and even the RPAC rundown are great sources that if the big city media guys tuned into just for the small town info I dont think wed see such wild rankings from some. Just my 0.02

Once again the class D rankings are extremely SKEWED by just a few voters. How can you punish some teams for weaker schedules but raise some up that have even weaker opponents? Are we actually looking at these teams being ranked or just looking at records and seeing what names we recognize? I know, I know the rankings dont matter only who holds the trophy at the end of the year, but some of these so called experts need to let some of the other media handle the Class D rankings. People like NeNext, 8by80, and even the RPAC rundown are great sources that if the big city media guys tuned into just for the small town info I dont think wed see such wild rankings from some. Just my 0.02
What would be your rankings?

Just say you don't like St. Pats. Its less words.

Just say you don't like St. Pats. Its less words.
St. Pats isn’t even what I’m talking about, mostly the problem is in D2. SL at 7 but DCS at 1 makes no sense. BDS gets beat easily by loudes and Lourdes proceeds to get blown off the turf against Johnson-Brock. How does that deserve them of anything higher than 9,10?

D1
Stanton
Cross County
St Pat's
Sandy Creek
Crofton
Hi-Line
Shelby/Rising City
Plainview
EMF
Elmwood-Murdock
Contenders
Thayer Central
Arapahoe
Alma

D2
Wynot
South Loup
Johnson Brock
Central Valley
Howells-Dodge
DCS
HSF
Ainsworth
Sandhills/Thedford
Bloomfield
Contenders
Lourdes
BDS
Wynot is not the best team in D2..................their offensive and defensive lines are liabilities. If anyone gets remotely physical with them and wants to pound the rock, I think they are in trouble. They can definitely outscore people with their athletes, but if they get in a game with weather issues, they're in huge trouble. Offensive and defensive line play usually carry the day in November in Nebraska.

Reactions: 253847
Wynot is not the best team in D2..................their offensive and defensive lines are liabilities. If anyone gets remotely physical with them and wants to pound the rock, I think they are in trouble. They can definitely outscore people with their athletes, but if they get in a game with weather issues, they're in huge trouble. Offensive and defensive line play usually carry the day in November in Nebraska.
I’m not going to say wynot should be the number one team or argue here but are you saying Howelss-Dodge and St. Francis aren’t physical teams that tried to pound the rock? Granted both of those games were in perfect weather so I’m agreeing with you come late October might be a problem.

Howells-Dodge is about as physical as a team as you can get, seemed to hold up against them. This isn't November either, we are still in September. Lot can change from now until then. They are there because as of now they have the better resume than mostly anyone. J-B is knocking on that door though, they beat BDS this week I'd put them #1

Reactions: CenterPanthers57
D1
NPSP
Cross County
Stanton
Sandy Creek
Hi-Line
Crofton
SRC
Plainview
Arapahoe
*If alma gets healthy they get back into top 10

D2
South Loup
Wynot
Johnson-Brock (I think they win big again this week)
DCS
St. Francis
Howells-Dodge
Ainsworth (High celing team that could be as high as 1 if they had played anyone making playoffs yet)
Bloomfield
Sandhills Thedford

D1
NPSP
Cross County
Stanton
Sandy Creek
Hi-Line
Crofton
SRC
Plainview
Arapahoe
*If alma gets healthy they get back into top 10

D2
South Loup
Wynot
Johnson-Brock (I think they win big again this week)
DCS
St. Francis
Howells-Dodge
Ainsworth (High celing team that could be as high as 1 if they had played anyone making playoffs yet)
Bloomfield
Sandhills Thedford
I guess I don't see that many glaring differences between your rankings and the ones in the original post.... It's still a bit of a guessing game at this point in the season, especially with the abundant number of "weak" teams.

It's easy to look at anyone's rankings and find a thing or two to point out.

For example:

you have EMF unranked in D1, even though their only loss is to your #4 team in D1 in 3OT. That seems off.

You have Central Valley unranked in D2, even though 4 of their 5 wins are against teams over .500 at this point, by an average margin of 44 points. Nobody else in the class has more than 3 wins versus teams over .500.

Now are some of these writers really in tune with 8-man football, especially to the level some of the folks you mentioned are, no. But they don't seem that far off as a collective whole.

And it doesn't matter.

I don’t think they win the title because as you said it’s hard to throw the ball 40 times a game in late October or early November and it hurts a little more when your qb gets hammered on speed options when it’s below freezing. However Their defensive and offensive lines have not been an issue this year. They play fantastic side to side defense. Maybe they run up against a Central Valley or a south loop in the playoofs and get ran over but that’s something HD and St Francis weren't able to do vs them.

Reactions: Ruttingbuck
Wasn't the Lourdes v. BDS game within a touchdown? Also, thought I had heard it was a TD late that put Lourdes up...

Anyway, I think it is hard to rank teams when you don't spend hours watching film of all teams. Looking at scores and records and trying to figure it out is hard. Often times the teams that have been traditional powers get ranked early in the season and then as teams play, some of the lesser known teams tend to rise to the top.

I do agree that while rankings are great and they help us see where we should put our attention on Thursday/Friday nights, none of it matters until the playoffs...

Wasn't the Lourdes v. BDS game within a touchdown? Also, thought I had heard it was a TD late that put Lourdes up...

Anyway, I think it is hard to rank teams when you don't spend hours watching film of all teams. Looking at scores and records and trying to figure it out is hard. Often times the teams that have been traditional powers get ranked early in the season and then as teams play, some of the lesser known teams tend to rise to the top.

I do agree that while rankings are great and they help us see where we should put our attention on Thursday/Friday nights, none of it matters until the playoffs...
Yes Lourdes was ahead the whole game until under 2 minutes were left in the game. They went 60yds down the field and scored with :37 seconds left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT