BOYS

Class A

Districts (First Round)

A-1
Omaha Central 69, Lincoln Northeast 38
Papillion-LaVista 64, Norfolk 44

A-4
Kearney 82, Lincoln Southeast 52
Lincoln North Star 52, Grand Island 50 (OT)

A-5
Bellevue West 82, North Platte 54

=================================

Sub-District Finals

C1-1 at Nebraska City

Auburn 33, Falls City 24

C1-2 at Conestoga
Syracuse 60, Louisville 46

C1-8 at Centennial
Lincoln Christian 64, Milford 42

-----------------------------------------

C2-1 at Fairbury
Freeman 56, Fillmore Central 17

C2-2 at Wahoo
Yutan 48, Elmwood-Murdock 44

D1-1 at Wymore
Johnson-Brock 51, Tri County 39

D1-3 at Raymond Central
Nebraska City Lourdes 49, East Butler 44 (OT)

D1-6 at Niobrara
North Central 49, Boyd County 46

D2-1 at Beatrice

Falls City Sacred Heart 49, Sterling 32

D2-5 at Spencer
Chambers/Wheeler Central 54, Stuart 46 (OT)

GIRLS

District Finals

C1-1 at Syracuse

Auburn 51, Conestoga 42

C1-2 at Fremont
Wahoo 60, West Point-Beemer 48

C1-3 at Central Community College
Pierce 54, Ord 48

C1-4 at Centennial
Columbus Scotus 35, Lincoln Christian 34 (OT)

C1-5 at Hastings College
Grand Island Central Catholic 54, Kearney Catholic 48

C1-6 at Sidney
Mitchell 44, Hershey 18

----------------------------------------------------------

C2-1 at Friend
Superior 48, Fremont Bergan 40

C2-2 at Wisner-Pilger
Stanton 56, Bancroft-Rosalie/Lyons-Decatur 43

C2-3 at Boyd County
Hartington Cedar Catholic 70, Ainsworth 42

C2-4 at Aurora
Hastings St. Cecilia 44, Centennial 30

C2- 5 at Kearney
Burwell 38, Cambridge 31

C2-6 at Sidney Middle School
North Platte St. Patrick's 62, Bridgeport 50

---------------------------------------------------------------

D1-1 at Crete
Bruning-Davenport/Shickley 59, Johnson-Brock 34

D1-2 at Wahoo
Guardian Angels Central Catholic 34, Weeping Water 27

D1-3 at Niobrara
North Central 63, Randolph 32

D1-4 at Shelby/Rising City
Humphrey/Lindsay Holy Family 59, Heartland 34

D1-5 at Gibbon
Pleasanton 58, Blue Hill 54 (OT)

D1-6 at Ogallala
Hitchcock County 53, Morrill 32

---------------------------------------------------------------------

D2-1 at Beatrice

Falls City Sacred Heart 45, Exeter-Milligan 39

D2-2 at Wayne
Humphrey St. Francis 41, Wynot 29

D2-3 at Boone Central
Riverside 54, Ewing 51

D2-4 at Hastings Adams Central
(
Red Cloud 60, Axtell 35)

D2-5 at Gothenburg
Sandhills/Thedford 27, Maywood/Hayes Center 18

D2-6 at Bridgeport
Hyannis 54, Creek Valley 40

they have a wildcard in class C correct. that just shows that Ord must not have played many teams with winning records thus their power points were way down. yes it sucks to have one loss and not make the show in Lincoln. but give credit for the Pierce girls for getting it done, that just shows that sometimes records are thrown out the window when it comes to big games, the lady jays play in the rugged mid state conference which in past history has been probably one of the toughest conferences to play in.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
The thing that hurt Ord was they didn’t play any schools that were in a larger class than them. Lincoln Christian and Bishop Neumann (the two wild card schools) each had something like 14 bonus points for playing class B or A schools.

I’m probably in the minority on this, but in a sport like basketball where your school is 100% responsible for setting up your schedule I don’t believe you should get bonus points for playing up. You do that at your own risk. Those 14 bonus points are the difference in this case.

I have no ties to any of the schools in this situation, and I certainly don’t mean to imply that Lincoln Christian, Pierce, or Bishop Nuemann don’t deserve to be in Lincoln. I just believe Ord was penalized for playing schools that were in their class as opposed to schools that were bigger than them.

Last edited:
Make your schedule tougher. I know there are travel limitations, but travel a little. I’d also encourage them to get in a tougher holiday tourney. Stuart Invite.... c’mon. I understand the coach used to be there, but that does nothing for your kids.

agree with Lman, travel a bit and play a tougher schedule, playing the likes of the teams that play in the class d2 holiday tourney sure the hell isn't going to make you better. they do the scheduling so in my mind it's on them.

My comment, in no way, is a knock on the players. I have no clue who any of them are, but I feel horrible for them that it shook out this way

Ord going 24-1 and missing the state tournament is insane.
what hurts them is the play down a class 12 of the 25 games and do not play up a class at all. Under the current system this hurts them, feel bad for the players, but if your looking for blame, you have to go no farther than the Ord School its self

I know it's gotta be disappointing to end up with one loss and not get to Lincoln, but we have to start conditioning ourselves to remember that the state tournament really starts with sub-districts. Lose and you're out, unless the wild card falls your way.

High school football nuts makes some very good points and I also feel bad for the players and their parents being denied a state experience in basketball. Keep in mind the Ord administration was also one of the schools that decided to vote Kearney Catholic out of the Lou Platte conference as they felt there was an unfair advantage and the Chants had trouble stepping up to that level of competition in past years. With that mind set from an administration To not always play a competitive schedule through a season I would doubt they would step up and drop much if any of those 12 lower division teams.

You can make your schedule better. Although the travel sucks. Look at Gordon-Rushville. They went to Wayne’s holiday tourney & their Boys went 1-2. They lost 3 games total with the rest of their schedule.

On this topic, saw a preliminary C1 bracket. Wahoo vs 13-14 Ogallala. I’d guess a 40 pt running clock.

ADVERTISEMENT