ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Sharon Zavala

Alum-Ni

All-State
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
Grand Island Central Catholic volleyball coach Sharon Zavala has announced her retirement. She has coached for 49 years and ends with a career-record of 1,177-220 (.843). She led her teams to 35 appearances in the state tournament with 11 state championships and 9 runner-up finishes.

Zavala is the winningest coach in state history. Second Steve Morgan of Ogallala (984 - retired) and Alan Van Cura of Hastings St. Cecilia (886 - retired).

The current active coach in wins in the state is Fremont Bergan's Sue Wewel with 792.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Zavala is the winningest coach in state history. Second Steve Morgan of Ogallala (984 - retired) and Alan Van Cura of Hastings St. Cecilia (886 - retired).

The current active coach in wins in the state is Fremont Bergan's Sue Wewel with
the more all-time wins and championships the catholic school coaches get, the less impressive it is.

the more all-time wins and championships the catholic school coaches get, the less impressive it is.
Why? I’m a graduate of a public high school and public university, I don’t understand the jealousy or reasoning behind your statement.
Far to often in today’s world people would rather try and cut down someone who has had success rather than celebrate it

Why? I’m a graduate of a public high school and public university, I don’t understand the jealousy or reasoning behind your statement.
Far to often in today’s world people would rather try and cut down someone who has had success rather than celebrate it
if i have to explain myself then its prob above your head
not jealous, just not as impressive

• Angry
Reactions: sportsfan1980
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT