ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Small classes (C1-D2) passes substate format for basketball

With this in place I’d love to see (depending on matchups) some double headers for district finals. Like the article I mentioned above, a few matchups would have been Yutan vs Bridgeport, Elmwood-Murdock vs Perkins County. You could have a double header in Lexington. Get more people at the games.

A few other examples:
Arcadia-Loup City vs Norfolk Lutheran and Battle Creek vs Centennial at Central City

Ponca vs Creighton and Osmond vs Randolph at Wayne State College

Boone Central vs Lincoln Christian and Fullerton vs BDS at Hastings

Would be awesome in my opinion.

Interested that response seems positive. What do you guys like about that set-up? Are they doing home-site district finals like A and B?

And, one more question: anyone know what was discussed at the Board for this item?

7. The Board discussed sub-district and district hosting concerns.

Are they talking about having trouble finding sites because A and B schools keeping schedule free in case they host subs and districts?

I predict this will cause a significant change in the way class C teams schedule. We will see a lot more games where C teams try to play D teams in hopes of picking up 50 or 47 power points.

I predict this will cause a significant change in the way class C teams schedule. We will see a lot more games where C teams try to play D teams in hopes of picking up 50 or 47 power points.

Or most ADs will still try to fill out a balanced schedule based primarily on what schools are in their vicinity and are reasonably close in size. Not everyone is out to scam the system.

Or most ADs will still try to fill out a balanced schedule based primarily on what schools are in their vicinity and are reasonably close in size. Not everyone is out to scam the system.
More people than we are willing to admit. Not saying it is right, just saying it will happen.

Reactions: HighPlainsCoach
Doubt central city gym would be big enough to host a 2 game final
Nor would Lex. Not even close. Would probably be something like Sidney where two games use newer and older gyms. Personally, this is absolutely the stupidest thing the NSAA has done, imo, but, it is what it is, so people will , adjust. Let the scamming begin! LOL. And that isn't totally fair, as the scamming already exists. It will just be interesting to see how it changes.

You do realize the "NSAA" didn't do this right.... The member schools of the NSAA voted to do this. It passed in a majority of the state, where every school's AD had representation and the ability to vote.

I don't understand how schools are going to "scam" the system? If a school chooses to "schedule down," they still have to find a school who is willing to "schedule up." Also, there is no way to ensure a team is going to be good enough for someone to think "I'm going to schedule down and beat these guys so we get more WC points". We will see

Nor would Lex. Not even close. Would probably be something like Sidney where two games use newer and older gyms. Personally, this is absolutely the stupidest thing the NSAA has done, imo, but, it is what it is, so people will , adjust. Let the scamming begin! LOL. And that isn't totally fair, as the scamming already exists. It will just be interesting to see how it changes.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
It would fit for Lex. For the amount of fans that would travel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT