ADVERTISEMENT

St Francis New School Name & Mascot

ACICOD

All-Conference
Aug 20, 2007
The archbishop released the choice for the new school and mascot in Humphrey…….

Archangels Catholic High School

Mascot — Defenders

The archbishop released the choice for the new school and mascot in Humphrey…….

Archangels Catholic High School

Mascot — Defenders
Not going to lie, watching the alum of St. Francis squirm the last few months and now this comes out has me like…..
Laugh Lol GIF

Not going to lie, watching the alum of St. Francis squirm the last few months and now this comes out has me like…..
Laugh Lol GIF
All about the 💰 💰💰💰💰

Live with it and move on.
Private school can do what they want ….or can they….💰💰💰

I don't think the head of the church realizes how much this change is going to cost the school in changing uniforms, mascots, painting the gym etc. this isn't going to be cheap by any means.

Reactions: runningback43
I'm pretty sure LHF families are starting their own private school. Away from Archangel Catholic High School. Which means it'll just be HSF changing to Arc

The amount of interest this has is insane, considering we are talking about a school in Holy Family with just 19 students in grades 9-11, according to the state website. St. Francis has 41 in grades 9-11 this year.

Anyone with a business sense should understand what they are doing. This should be about one thing - providing quality catholic education.
agree 100%

The amount of interest this has is insane, considering we are talking about a school in Holy Family with just 19 students in grades 9-11, according to the state website. St. Francis has 41 in grades 9-11 this year.

Anyone with a business sense should understand what they are doing. This should be about one thing - providing quality catholic education.
Agreed and it would save so much money. Sorry LHF, but your building is old and it needs to be closed. It happens. Some make it some don't. We all know there are plenty of schools in Nebraska that need to merge with a neighbor, especially with the lack of college students going into the teaching profession.

It's ridiculous that it has gotten to this point, I get keeping elementary schools, but there should be one 7-12 campus in Humphrey for Catholic education for these two towns. These two should have merged 20 years ago. They would have been D1 back 20 years ago and they would probably be D2 right now. HSF has the room for the 7-12 LHF students.

What's funny is if you put 4 LHF and 4 HSF kids in a room, they could figure it out. They would just say, "let's come together and work together." Parents and long time residents can't.

Last edited:
Did Lindsey ever have a public high school? I can't think of any other town/city in the state that has just a private high school. When was the last one before Lindsey?

Agreed and it would save so much money. Sorry LHF, but your building is old and it needs to be closed. It happens. Some make it some don't. We all know there are plenty of schools in Nebraska that need to merge with a neighbor, especially with the lack of college students going into the teaching profession.

It's ridiculous that it has gotten to this point, I get keeping elementary schools, but there should be one 7-12 campus in Humphrey for Catholic education for these two towns. These two should have merged 20 years ago. They would have been D1 back 20 years ago and they would probably be D2 right now. HSF has the room for the 7-12 LHF students.

What's funny is if you put 4 LHF and 4 HSF kids in a room, they could figure it out. They would just say, "let's come together and work together." Parents and long time residents can't.
Unfortunately, the 8 kids you are talking about aren't the ones paying the bill. People want what they want, and if they can pay for it then more power to them.

What makes sense to me, and always has...Humphrey Public, Humphrey St Francis, and Lindsay Holy Family co-op all sports and activities. So much money could be saved by doing this.

Unfortunately, the 8 kids you are talking about aren't the ones paying the bill. People want what they want, and if they can pay for it then more power to them.

What makes sense to me, and always has...Humphrey Public, Humphrey St Francis, and Lindsay Holy Family co-op all sports and activities. So much money could be saved by doing this.
Totally agree. All three should play sports together.

Reactions: ClkTwr2011

Why should HSF be the ones who have to change everything when they're not hurting for numbers?

The Archbishop, imo, should've just closed LHF and left HSF alone.

Totally agree. All three should play sports together.
LHF/Humphrey co-oping and HSF being on their own was seemingly working out well.

Does the Diocese pay for the extra-curricular activities for HSF or does that fall on the parents / alumni?

Why should HSF be the ones who have to change everything when they're not hurting for numbers?

The Archbishop, imo, should've just closed LHF and left HSF alone.
More kids = more tuition dollars to one school versus two. HSF should want more students. They should want to be Class D1 again. They were D1 with 25 kids a grade 20 years ago. Why not aim to get to that point again?

I hate that HSF is going away for a new name. It is really necessary at this point, but it is what it is.

IMO, the deal that was presented two years ago was the answer. Be the Holy Family St. Francis Flyers.

-Each town keeps their K-6, 7-12 in Humphrey.
-Staff wouldn’t have lost jobs.
-The old building in Lindsay closes.
-Would have gave the two schools two gyms (play all lower level activities at LHF gym).
-Enrollment would have grown.
-Their would have been pissed off people, but I don’t think it would be as bad as it is right now.

Last edited:
More kids = more tuition dollars to one school versus two. HSF should want more students. They should want to be Class D1 again. They were D1 with 25 kids a grade 20 years ago. Why not aim to get to that point again?

I hate that HSF is going away for a new name. It is really necessary at this point, but it is what it is.

IMO, the deal that was presented two years ago was the answer. Be the Holy Family St. Francis Flyers.

-Would have gave the two schools two gyms (play all lower level activities at LHF gym).
-Their would have been pissed off people, but I don’t think it would be as bad as it is right now.
I'm guessing HSF does want more students, but I doubt they want to eliminate their town name over it. That's my point.

How would enrollment have grown? I'm meaning new growth. Not taking 20 from one school, 10 from another, combining them to get 30 at one school and calling that "growth".

Thanks. Knew I should have consulted Pages before I opened my digital mouth! I should have said they never competed athletically. I have found no evidence of them playing in district or county basketball, nor state track. Both are places that even the smallest schools usually show up at some time if they were competing athletically.

Like most consolidations you always have a anger groups that enrolls else where and then in about ten years it all settles down and becomes one school again

Reactions: HighPlainsCoach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT