Alum-Ni

All-State
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
Friday, November 20

CLASS A
7:15 p.m. - NET

Elkhorn South (11-1) at Omaha Westside (11-0)

CLASS B
6:00 p.m.

Aurora (9-3) at Elkhorn (10-2)

CLASS C1
5:30 p.m.

Adams Central (10-2) at Pierce (11-0)

CLASS C2
3:15 p.m. (at Midland University) - NET

Ord (11-0) at Fremont Bergan (12-0)

CLASS D1
5:00 p.m.

Dundy County-Stratton (11-0) at Burwell (12-0)

CLASS D2
5:00 p.m.

Sandhills/Thedford (12-0) at Bruning-Davenport/Shickley (11-0)

CLASS D6
at Foster Field - Kearney, NE - 7:00 p.m. - NCN

Sterling (11-0) vs. McCool Junction (10-0)

Last edited:
Reactions: viewfromthebooth
Start times listed for all games

NET will broadcast the C2 title game between Fremont Bergan and Ord

Have to imagine Bergan game got moved back so NET can do Class A game too. It really sucks a few games aren’t on Thursday from a television standpoint.

Have to imagine Bergan game got moved back so NET can do Class A game too. It really sucks a few games aren’t on Thursday from a television standpoint.

Here's the issue...NET is a Big Ten Network/FOX level production. It's not very easy to take that truck and crew around to multiple stops. It takes a lot of work to set it up at a location.

They also own all the right to the games, including the streaming. NCN owns the 6 Man rights.

I think your feel is correct though on NET doing two games based on Bergan's announcement despite the embargo put by the NSAA on releasing this info yet. That's the best-case scenario - 2 games Friday on NET. Then ideally NET will provide free streams on their website since they own all the streaming rights to the championship games. The good news is there would be no NFHS type business where everybody has to pay to watch if that's the case.

Reactions: Alum-Ni
I hope they bring real cameras and cameramen to the games being streamed. Otherwise, we may end up getting 14 year old "Strivers" more interested in panning the stands for "who's hot, who's not" instead of football.

I hope they bring real cameras and cameramen to the games being streamed. Otherwise, we may end up getting 14 year old "Strivers" more interested in panning the stands for "who's hot, who's not" instead of football.
There are a lot of Striv teams that do a great job. I can bet Striv is putting their best teams on the jobs for these games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT