ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Basketball Coaching Changes

Why is Siske leaving Norfolk?

Taking a guess...I bet to be closer to family? His parents are great people. His dad was a long-time assistant coach at Ralston for years. This gets him closer to family? A lot of people probably don't know this, but he was up for the Norris job years back as well. They were going to bring him in from Scottsbluff via private plane for the interview and then the Norfolk job came open.

Taking a guess...I bet to be closer to family? His parents are great people. His dad was a long-time assistant coach at Ralston for years. This gets him closer to family? A lot of people probably don't know this, but he was up for the Norris job years back as well. They were going to bring him in from Scottsbluff via private plane for the interview and then the Norfolk job came open.
His wife is from Pierce. Not a closer move for proximity to her family. Irregardless, one of the best coaches in Nebraska.

Siske leaving probably has to do with a lack of talent coming up in the next 5-6 years, yes his wife is from Pierce but I don't think she has any close family members there.

Reactions: Sean Callahan
Tom Tvrdy stepping down at Seward. He’ll be back in the saddle sooner rather than later.

Can confirm that Southern Valley boys bb will be open with Tylor Fincher heading back to Northeast Nebraska and moving into unspecified coaching role(s) at Hartington Public.

Can confirm that Southern Valley boys bb will be open with Tylor Fincher heading back to Northeast Nebraska and moving into unspecified coaching role(s) at Hartington Public.

Why did Tylor go from Wausa down to Southern Valley now back up to NE Nebraska in Hartington?

How about Coach Sloup? He seems to move around every other year?

Reactions: northeastNebraska
With the recent happenings in that SV area, it will be interesting to see who they can get to move to that area.

-Fincher and his wife are both from Northeast NE so moving back home was something they were both very interested in. The initial move to SV was a vertical move at the time to work with Johnny Miller, knowing he would eventually become HC as well as his wife’s first teaching job was there.
-I think it will be a very chilly day in hell when Wausa and Bloomfield consolidate haha! I have no facts going either way but doesn’t seem like it’s in the works for the two.
-As for me, I have been out of coaching for well over 2 years. I just sit back, cheer on my buddies teams, and sell a few cars here and there ;) haha!

Reactions: runningback43
Also, will Wausa and Bloomfield ever consolidate?

Wausa just passed a 3 million bond in 2018 for school improvements. Bloomfield will be stubborn and struggle to give in in any negotiations. They've been cooping JHigh for a few years. Theyll also struggle in any negotiations with Crofton as they dont want to be the little brother. Very prideful community and school which may have their strength be a downfall in years to come. They are seeing some small growth of Hispanic families due to a large Michael's Food facility in the area. Dont be surprised if in

-Fincher and his wife are both from Northeast NE so moving back home was something they were both very interested in. The initial move to SV was a vertical move at the time to work with Johnny Miller, knowing he would eventually become HC as well as his wife’s first teaching job was there.
-I think it will be a very chilly day in hell when Wausa and Bloomfield consolidate haha! I have no facts going either way but doesn’t seem like it’s in the works for the two.
-As for me, I have been out of coaching for well over 2 years. I just sit back, cheer on my buddies teams, and sell a few cars here and there ;) haha!

I understand the move back. Didnt understand the move to Southern Valley.

I believe both Lourdes jobs are open. I know for sure the girls job is open and had heard the boys were open too.

Wausa just passed a 3 million bond in 2018 for school improvements. Bloomfield will be stubborn and struggle to give in in any negotiations. They've been cooping JHigh for a few years. Theyll also struggle in any negotiations with Crofton as they dont want to be the little brother. Very prideful community and school which may have their strength be a downfall in years to come. They are seeing some small growth of Hispanic families due to a large Michael's Food facility in the area. Dont be surprised if in
Ridiculous to pass a bond there IMO. These school boards need to realize it’s not 1980 anymore. Pool your resources.

great hire by little eagle to get the bird back home aka Fincher, hellva young man and will be a great fit in the wildcat athletic programs. i just hope selling cars is going good for sloupdoggy in this time of crisis thruout the USA.

Reactions: runningback43
don't think the Norfolk job is attractive at all, not much talent coming up from what i hear.

Bridgeport Public Schools is currently taking applications for Boys Head Basketball/PE for the 2020/2021 school year. Bridgeport located in the Nebraska Panhandle has a newer facility and usually competes in Class C2. Interested applicants should email cover letter, resume, transcripts, references and a copy of their Nebraska Teaching Certificate to Superintendent Chuck Lambert: clambert@bpsbulldogs.org . Position open until filled, questions can be directed to Superintendent Lambert @ (308) 920 2200.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Seward hires two new coaches:

Beth Bohuslavsky has been hired as the girls coach

Trevor Menke has been hired as the boys coach

Seward went out and made two splash hires imo. Now I'm super biased on this one (Seward alum 05) and I don't know Menke personally but I think that's as good of a get as there is out there. Playing for Weeks and then at Nebraska are all positives to. I would think the kids will be fired up to play for him.
Beth is the GOAT at Seward high, her coming home is such a cool opportunity. She might of not been the D1 player her teammates were but make no mistake, that show ran through her and there isn't a better competitor out there. I'm feeling real good about were Seward hoops is going!

Reactions: Sprtsaholic402
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT