ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Basketball Coaching Openings

bad move on his part i would stay away from the kearney shit show and what is going on out west.

Creech was at Hastings College 2002-2012 (10 seasons)
... was at Hastings High for seven seasons 2013-2020.

Flynn is a Lincoln High grad (2010?) and played for Creech at HC, 2010-2014, I believe.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Mike Clay has been hired by Ponca to replace Bob Hayes as girl's basketball coach. Clay most recently coached the Akron-Westfield IA boy's program.
Then this is not the same Mike Clay that has been in Wakefield for a long time as both the head and an assistant coach for the boys? I believe his son Chad has been at Akron-Westfield.

Reactions: nenebskers
Former MInden boys coach Shannon Lovin has taken the Head girls position at Southwesr High school. He was a Principal at Wilcox-Hildreth and is going back into to teaching.

Reactions: TC53 and TwinsRRUs
Probably for a nice cushy job as a UNL women’s assistant coach. 🙄
She has spent 30+ years teaching and coaching at the high school and college level, and is ready to retire at the pinnacle of her success after winning 4 titles in a row and her daughter graduating. Insinuating that she would manipulate herself into an assistant spot at UNL as part of her daughter's recruitment strikes me as mean-spirited. I don't know if that would be said about a men's coach that retired after their high level son was done.

She has spent 30+ years teaching and coaching at the high school and college level, and is ready to retire at the pinnacle of her success after winning 4 titles in a row and her daughter graduating. Insinuating that she would manipulate herself into an assistant spot at UNL as part of her daughter's recruitment strikes me as mean-spirited. I don't know if that would be said about a men's coach
Just out of curiosity because I don’t know her background - where did she coach previously? She definitely ended her career on a high note and deserves to be able to go watch her daughter in college.

Just out of curiosity because I don’t know her background - where did she coach previously? She definitely ended her career on a high note and deserves to be able to go watch her daughter in college.
She coached at Fremont as an assistant. Everyone thought she would be the head coach when they hired Kelly Flynn (hard to argue with his success), and then she got the Elkhorn North job. She played at Midland, and may have coached some there too.

She has spent 30+ years teaching and coaching at the high school and college level, and is ready to retire at the pinnacle of her success after winning 4 titles in a row and her daughter graduating. Insinuating that she would manipulate herself into an assistant spot at UNL as part of her daughter's recruitment strikes me as mean-spirited. I don't know if that would be said about a men's coach that retired after their high level son was done.
I seem to remember a lot being said after Brahmer from Pierce stepped down from his head coaching position and then his son flipped his commitment after the coaching changes at UNL.

You’d be surprised this happens a lot more than you’d think. Maybe not to try to coach their child in college, but either because they wanted to be their child’s coach in high school, they wanted to be able to watch their child in college, or because they just wanted to step away from high school sports altogether.

Reactions: stangsker
She coached at Fremont as an assistant. Everyone thought she would be the head coach when they hired Kelly Flynn (hard to argue with his success), and then she got the Elkhorn North job. She played at Midland, and may have coached some there too.
I believe she coached at Midland for over a decade as an assistant. She graduated from there in the early 90s. I'd consider her a friend of a friend of a friend; all i really know of her career was 10+ years as a college assistant, assistant at Fremont (I have also heard the Kelly Flynn story) then took the Elkhorn North job when it came open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT