ADVERTISEMENT

Football Boone Central in 2024

I still think that 9 man is a great transition between 11 and 6 man. You can play it on an 11 man field, and you can play 11 man style ball without the tackles. Class C2 teams often struggle to field 11man teams, so a class they can easily move to makes sense without changing their field and without changing their schemes all that much. 8 man football is a drastic departure scheme wise from 11 man. Nebraska has to get in front of sub 11man football being played by most schools. I'm a tradition guy, but don't see how changing from 8 to 9 destroys that.
I personally believe that if the 9 man game would be played on the 8 man field...there would be much less resistance. I understand that 9 man is played on a "regulation" size field, but these 8 man schools don't have one of those. I get it, move the goal posts and be done with it. However, some of these fields also have fences, parking lots, etc. 8 man has become their tradition.

I don't really care one way or another. I don't see much difference between the two.

Those HSF families have paid the same taxes that the non-HSF families have. Why shouldn't they be able to use the tax payer field that they've paid taxes on?
The family from Madison or Leigh has paid the same taxes to the Humphrey school district?

Last edited:
The family from Madison or Leight has paid the same taxes to the Humphrey school district?
1) So you're going to limit what public facilities HSF families who live in Humphrey can use because a few kids outside the school district go there?

2) Should we implement this rule to other schools? Like Kearney where they had families outside the Kearney school district who's kids were on the track team?

3) Are there kids outside the Humphrey school district who attend HSF every year?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT