ADVERTISEMENT

C2 Rank

Mar 3, 2014
1. Sutton Surprise pick here. No doubt the next three years they are #1 but this year ? marks due to youth.
2. Central City Dropping down from C-1 with a clue on how to win.
3. Wilbur Dropping down with lineman who need to replace talented backfield.
4. Doniphan Good QB and a team hungry to get back to the top.
5. Ponca The east can win if those athletes hold together.
6. St. Cecilia Lots of holes to fill, but Grant Schmidt is good!

Not sure about the rest of the state. This class will be fun to watch.

I think Ponca has a tall order this season to make some noise. They probably won't be as young as recent years but good god its still a brutal schedule. Loaded with playoff teams and traditional powers, a down Tekamah-Herman looks to be the only sure thing. BRLD is a mystery. I think winning record is a good goal for them this year.

BRLD will have some good athletes and will be offensively minded team. The weak point for them I think will be consistent play on the line. If they get good line play they could be a very good team.

New week 2 ratings
1 Wilbur
2 Sutton
3 Doniphan
4 Stanton
5 Oakland
6 Centennial
7 Neligh-Oakdale
8 Crofton
9 St Cecilia
10 Central City

Centennial picked up a nice win, I wonder how good the Bergan team is. Looks like Ponca won that game with some big plays, they have good athletes, wonder if they can break through this year? what games are people looking forward to this week in C2 other than WC and St. Cecilia?

If St. Cecilia doesn't play any better than last week then this game will be a snooze fest for WC. At this point I would say Wilber wins and it's not close.

Reactions: mteds
is St. Cecilia over rated? Freeman was not good last year, maybe improved this year. Anyone have any other thoughts on surprise outcomes from week one?

I think Freeman is better than last year. St. Cecilia scored three times off Freeman turnovers, and scored twice in the last minute and a half of the game. They jumped out 14-0 in first quarter after a pick six and fumble recovery inside the Freeman 25. They were held scoreless until late in the third quarter. Freeman scored on their opening possession of the second half, and St. Cecilia answered back making it 20-6. Freeman had chances to inch closer but a couple of drives ended on fourth downs. The scored remained 20-6 until about two minutes left in the game when St. Cecilia was able to punch one in making it 26-6. Freeman was able to drive until throwing a 95 yard pick six with 2 seconds remaining in the game.

I think Freeman is better than last year. St. Cecilia scored three times off Freeman turnovers, and scored twice in the last minute and a half of the game. They jumped out 14-0 in first quarter after a pick six and fumble recovery inside the Freeman 25. They were held scoreless until late in the third quarter. Freeman scored on their opening possession of the second half, and St. Cecilia answered back making it 20-6. Freeman had chances to inch closer but a couple of drives ended on fourth downs. The scored remained 20-6 until about two minutes left in the game when St. Cecilia was able to punch one in making it 26-6. Freeman was able to drive until throwing a 95 yard pick six with 2 seconds remaining in the game.
Sounds like St. Cecilia may be over rated.

I watched Wilbur last week and I will be surprised if they get touched this year. That line is good!

I watched Wilbur last week and I will be surprised if they get touched this year. That line is good!
there skill kids are not the best, the line will cover some of that, the only team that might challenge them up front may be yutan, no one else will touch them, only they can stop themselves, hope the kids get along

there skill kids are not the best, the line will cover some of that, the only team that might challenge them up front may be yutan, no one else will touch them, only they can stop themselves, hope the kids get along
Yutan ? The team with one loss already is the only team that will challenge them Come on now

Yutan ? The team with one loss already is the only team that will challenge them Come on now
C'mon Nut, READ exactly what Red typed, not what you have jingling around your head just cause you want to argue. I bolded it for you and will spell it out for you here: "might challenge them up front" /=(does not equal) "will challenge them"

C'mon Nut, READ exactly what Red typed, not what you have jingling around your head just cause you want to argue. I bolded it for you and will spell it out for you here: "might challenge them up front" /=(does not equal) "will challenge them"
I guess a six point loss to Battle Creek is a bad loss to some people, if WC gets by Cecilia this week it is most likely smooth sailing from there, barring a bunch of injuries

another nice friday for C2 football, Wilber-Clatonia is obvious #1 team, nice wins again for BC and Centennial, anyone else see some teams on the rise?

Ponca, but brutal schedule next 4 wks. Hershey surprising? Sutton loses QB for a considerable amount of time. St. Cecilia and Doniphan have a one game district. WC and BC look like the best of class. All others could beat up on each other. NEN is loaded.

You are right about Ponca's schedule, combined record of the six teams they have to play after three games is 15-3. Part of that is that their district counting them is 16-2 after three games. So I agree on both counts, Ponca's schedule is tough, and Northeast NE is loaded. Fun six weeks coming up in C2 football.

Finally some educated fans, i was stating on another board that NEN has more overall quality football week in and week out. People always bring up championships, but not everyone is aquinas. whoever qualifies out of C2 4 will be beat up

Finally some educated fans, i was stating on another board that NEN has more overall quality football week in and week out. People always bring up championships, but not everyone is aquinas. whoever qualifies out of C2 4 will be beat up
Oh yes we hear about the magic circle every year,its just someone forgot to tell your guys that magic is not real and not very magic once they play out of the circle

watching the games and film show that these are quality teams, C2 4 and C2 5 are the deepest, 5 has some quality wins. I think the surprise team out of 4 could be Stanton, they are not getting much love and have some good athletes. We will see how it goes as the season moves along

This is why I am not sold on the NE yet.

· District 4: record of teams they beat

· Battle Creek 4-5

· Ponca 2-7

· Stanton 1-8

· Hartington Cedar Catholic 1-8

· Lutheran High Northeast 2-7

· Crofton 2-7

Having watched several of the C2-4 teams this year the above post aroused my curiosity. So I looked at their opponents and who they had played.

TEAM – Opponents Win/Loss (Games lost against C2-4)

Crofton – 4-12 (10)

Hartington – 2-14 (12)

Battle Creek – 8-8 (5)

Stanton – 3-13 (4)

Ponca – 6-10 (3)

LHNE – 6-10 (8)

Totals – 29-67

Of 67 losses 42 are to C2-4 teams so subtract 42 from 67 you get a record of C2-4 opponents without including C2-4 losses of 29-25 or 54% winning percentage against other than C2-4 teams.

Having watched several of the C2-4 teams this year the above post aroused my curiosity. So I looked at their opponents and who they had played.

TEAM – Opponents Win/Loss (Games lost against C2-4)

Crofton – 4-12 (10)

Hartington – 2-14 (12)

Battle Creek – 8-8 (5)

Stanton – 3-13 (4)

Ponca – 6-10 (3)

LHNE – 6-10 (8)

Totals – 29-67

Of 67 losses 42 are to C2-4 teams so subtract 42 from 67 you get a record of C2-4 opponents without including C2-4 losses of 29-25 or 54% winning percentage against other than C2-4 teams.
which C2 4 teams have u seen? who has been impressive?

I've seen three of them, Battle Creek has been the most impressive without question. Their line play is impressive. Three yard push consistently, strong, quick, and well coached. If and when they play W.C. I plan on being there.

I've seen three of them, Battle Creek has been the most impressive without question. Their line play is impressive. Three yard push consistently, strong, quick, and well coached. If and when they play W.C. I plan on being there.
I will be at Stanton/LHNE on friday, winner will have some momentum

That should be a good game, LHNE has gotten the love I think they deserve due to that opening game loss but I am impressed with them. I haven't seen Stanton but what I've read sounds impressive. I plan on the Hartington/Battle Creek game.

That should be a good game, LHNE has gotten the love I think they deserve due to that opening game loss but I am impressed with them. I haven't seen Stanton but what I've read sounds impressive. I plan on the Hartington/Battle Creek game.
some fun games coming up, Cross County that beat LHNE is a big physical team, I can see why that game was a struggle, also they were 8 man, i am sure it was tough week 1 to prepare for, I saw Stanton once this year, very impressive at the skill positions, they will be a tough out if they play well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT