ADVERTISEMENT

CLASS C-2 PREDICTIONS

spike17

Freshman
Oct 22, 2005
Here are my thoughts on C-2 1st Round Predictions.

#1 Sutton (8-1)
#16 Yutan (5-4)

The Mustangs are lead on the ground by Jackson Perrien with over 1,000 yards on the ground. I think the Mustangs will have no problem with Yutan. I think Yutan has had a nice season with Brady Timm at Quarterback going up against a difficult schedule but I say Sutton runs away 35 to 14

#8 Battle Creek (8-1)
#9 Fremont Bergan (7-2)
This will be a game of power vs. speed. Can the speed of of Ethan Villwok and Koa McEntire for Bergan beat the power and physical team of Battle Creek of Reece Bode and Kadin Renner. I am gonna say the power win and Battle Creek wins 21 to 14 in a late touchdown.

#4 North Bend (8-1)
#13 North Platte St. Patrick's (6-3)
Can the west beat a Northeast Nebraska team? North Bend has been playing very well with big wins over Shelby Rising City and Aquinas. North Bend is led by their quarterback Austin Endorf who has thrown for almost 2,000 yds. Brecken Peters and Cody Prohaska are his main targets but they have also came up big on defense this year. Don't know much about NPSP but in the past they had some fast backs but was always weak on the line. I will say North Bend rolls 35 to 7 over NPSP.

#5 Bancroft-Rosalie/Lyons-Decatur (8-1)
#12 Wilber-Clatonia (7-2)
If Wilber wants to win this game they are going to have to win this game with their defense. Wilber will have their hands full trying to stop the best player in C-2 Will Gatzmeyer. Gatzmeyer can beat you with his arm and is even more dangerous with his legs. If Wilber can force some turnovers and get a short field they might have a small chance in this game. I will say BRLD gets the W 42 to 7

#3 St. Paul (9-0)
#14 Centura (6-3)
The question is has St Paul played anybody? We know they can beat Centura because they just rolled them in the last week of the season. Eli Larson and company roll in the 2nd round with 50 - 0 win.

#6 David City Aquinas (7-2)
#11 Shelby/Rising City (6-3)
Another rematch from the last week of the regular season and expect the same result. I expect DCA to run all over SRC. You never want to play coach Ron Mimick this time of year. Aquinas is playing their best football at the right time.

#7 Doniphan-Trumbull (8-1)
#10 Centennial (6-3)
This might be the best game in C-2 on Friday. Centennial lead by their QB Cooper Gierhan throwing for over 1,000 yds but they have nice ground attack with Davon Brees. DT has a great quarterback with Griffin Hendrix he has thrown for over 1,300 yds and rushed for around 500 yds. They also have a nice running back with Keith Stafford with 1,200 yds on the ground. This game will come down who can up with a turnover and late touchdown. I will say Centennial squeaks one out 28 to 21 in the 4th quarter.

#2 Oakland-Craig (9-0)
#15 Hartington Cedar Catholic (5-4)
Hartington CC looking for revenge. These two teams played week 2 of the regular season and OC dominated HCC but HCC was without their best player Jacob Keiser. Keiser is just a animal when he gets the football behind that big Trojan offensive line and can the Knights stop him? The Knights also have their good backs with Jaron Meyer, Ian Lundquist and Coulter Teal. I think the X factor is the quarterbacks which QB can come up with a clutch play in the 4th quarter? Will it be Thomsen or Thoene? I'm gonna say Knights survive 21 to 14 with a late touchdown by Thomsen

I think your pretty close. D-T will be the one edging out Centennial in the 4th. Battle Creek will win by a bigger margin over Bergen. And the only way HCC stays within a TD of Oakland, is if O-C is completely looking past to next week. It will be closer than the first match up, but O-C or BRLD is gonna win the whole thing. My money is on O-C.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
NBC is a matchup nightmare for St Pats...much like Lincoln Lutheran was a few years ago. I think Lutheran went out to North Platte and won 35-0 or something? St Pats is decent team, but teams that can throw it are trouble for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT