ADVERTISEMENT

Football Coaching Changes

Per Huskerland Bob, to date there are 54 head coaching changes in Nebraska high school football for the upcoming season.

Some recent updates:

- Jeff Shabram has been named head coach at Niobrara/Verdigre

- Jeremey Jones has taken the head coaching job at Hampton, leaving Thayer Central

- Shane Hrasky joins Darby Line as co-head coaches at Sumner-Eddyville-Miller

- Kalin Koch is the new head coach at Twin River

Walthill, Thayer Central, Creek Valley and Lewiston are apparently still open

Per Huskerland Bob, to date there are 54 head coaching changes in Nebraska high school football for the upcoming season.

Some recent updates:

- Jeremey Jones has taken the head coaching job at Hampton, leaving Thayer Central

Shabram might have the best resume of any N/V coach in quite a while. Good for him and good for them.

Some recent updates:

I’m hearing Sandhills/Thesford is open, for reasons I’m not saying til I see it somewhere else.

spotting ???
Spotting as in --- helping them with lifts. As I'm sure you know, summer lifting often has boys and girls in the same weight room for some schools. Important to teach the kids how to "spot" each other in lifts such as bench/squat so no accusations/allegations occur even if no malice intended.

Spotting as in --- helping them with lifts. As I'm sure you know, summer lifting often has boys and girls in the same weight room for some schools. Important to teach the kids how to "spot" each other in lifts such as bench/squat so no accusations/allegations occur even if no malice intended.
I get what your saying

I can't speak to the reasons, but I can confirm Deines is suspended from S/T. Here's what the Thedford AD told me:
Josh was suspended from the coaching staff pending an investigation - but as of this last week he’s indefinitely done for the season. Tyson Cox who was his assistant has taken over as head.

Some sound like they are trying to cover something up??
I don't think Sandhills High is trying to cover anything up. This thing sounds like it moved pretty fast. Honestly it is really shocking and it sounds like when it comes out will leave little to the imagination. Tough spot for all involved. I'd assume if only part of what i have heard is true the school board was faced to make a tough decision here on probably the best young coach in 8 man football

I don't think Sandhills High is trying to cover anything up. This thing sounds like it moved pretty fast. Honestly it is really shocking and it sounds like when it comes out will leave little to the imagination. Tough spot for all involved. I'd assume if only part of what i have heard is true the school board was faced to make a tough decision here on probably the best young coach in 8 man football
Agreed, I didn’t mean to imply they were covering anything up. The state patrol is investigating from what I’ve heard. It’s definitely a mess and the school did what they had to.

Judging by week 1 you would be incorrect, from the parts I saw they had negative yards of offense and not even sure what they were trying to accomplish on offense, in whatever scheme that was supposed to be they will not score this year
First off I wasn’t meaning that they would be improved right out of the gate. This is a long road improvement. Schuyler is dealing with a different set of issues than many Nebraska schools in that many of the players didn’t grow up with American football so they are starting from scratch. They have to deal with a different parental culture and have already overcome many obstacles. They also have some people in their own school who have no support for the kids and only think of themselves.

Last edited:
First off I wasn’t meaning that they would be improved right out of the gate. This is a long road improvement. Schuyler is dealing with a different set of issues than many Nebraska schools in that many of the players didn’t grow up with American football so they are starting from scratch. They have to deal with a different parental culture and have already overcome many obstacles. They also have some people in their own school who have no support for the kids and only think of themselves.
This message board has determined that there is no advantages or disadvantages for any district based on ELL or social economics So they must be lazy or bad coaching (Sarcasm of course)

This message board has determined that there is no advantages or disadvantages for any district based on ELL or social economics So they must be lazy or bad coaching (Sarcasm of course)
We have played them in Jr High and they have taken it to us the last 4-5 years so I dont think its an athlete problem, seems to be a big drop off once they enter the high school program. I have my opinion on what that means you can make yours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT