ADVERTISEMENT

Conference History

Excellent! I bet that is the first SWC event. I can't find anything in 1928. I assume that 1958 article was off by a year and Curtis first basketball title is 1930 after Cozad won football in fall 1929.

I found that to be true with the NVC as well. The schools met during the school year and organized a conference track meet for the spring of that school year. They probably then used the summer to organize other conference events for the next year.

Anyone know what the Central Platte conference would have looked like in the 80s. My dad always talked about the wrestling meet being a quad but we could never come up with the fourth school. We were always at Maywood, Eustis or Farnam (one of them had wrestling while the other didn't, and Arnold. Maybe Stapelton? Maxwell, Brady, and St. Anns didn't have wrestling.

In the late 90s/early 2000s I have these teams in the Central Platte: Eustis-Farnam, Arnold, Maxwell, Stapleton, Paxton, Brady, Elwood, and Medicine Valley. But, I don't have a timeline of when schools joined and left. And, there could be schools missing.

Not sure this will work, but I've been trying to graphically represent the histories of the A-B conferences (and a couple of others that I have good histories of). Look here.
Did some digging to find this spreadsheet you put together a few years ago @TC53. For ease of reading, is it possible to freeze the top row with the years? Pretty interesting scrolling through the spreadsheet though, thanks for putting that together!

In the late 90s/early 2000s I have these teams in the Central Platte: Eustis-Farnam, Arnold, Maxwell, Stapleton, Paxton, Brady, Elwood, and Medicine Valley. But, I don't have a timeline of when schools joined and left. And, there could be schools missing.
Elwood left the CPC in 99-00 to join the FKC. Eustis I believe joined the FKC around 07-08, or somewhere close to that. Don't have a timeline for those other schools.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
I tried to repeat the years throughout the document, but that type of presentation won't let me freeze the top line. It does update though when I make any changes to the original.

Anyone know what the Central Platte conference would have looked like in the 80s. My dad always talked about the wrestling meet being a quad but we could never come up with the fourth school. We were always at Maywood, Eustis or Farnam (one of them had wrestling while the other didn't, and Arnold. Maybe Stapelton? Maxwell, Brady, and St. Anns didn't have wrestling.

I’m pretty sure Elwood had wrestling and was a member of the CPC in the 80s. Paxton also joined in the mid 80s but I don’t think they had wrestling.

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyTrail3200
I agree with you that Ainsworth fits better with the NVC teams. Not sure Neligh and some of the other eastern NVC teams would want to add Ainsworth though.

Ainsworth and Valentine in the SWC never made any sense at all to me.
Ainsworth is out of the SWC at the end of the 23-24 school year.

I found this old conference list from 2001. It's interesting to see how many conferences have changed since then. In my area alone:

Central Platte Conference: Disbanded in 2008?

The Republican Valley Conference and the Golden Plains Activities Conference merge to form the Republican Plains Activities Conference. (2008?)

The Sandhills Conference and the Loup Valley Conference merge to form the Mid-Nebraska Conference (2014)

http://www.nsaahome.org/textfile/about/conf.htm

I found this old conference list from 2001. It's interesting to see how many conferences have changed since then. In my area alone:

Central Platte Conference: Disbanded in 2008?

The Republican Valley Conference and the Golden Plains Activities Conference merge to form the Republican Plains Activities Conference. (2008?)

The Sandhills Conference and the Loup Valley Conference merge to form the Mid-Nebraska Conference (2014)

http://www.nsaahome.org/textfile/about/conf.htm
Was re-reading the thread and noticed this. Maybe somebody can correct me but wasn't the Republican Valley the RVL, for Republican Valley LEAGUE? Like the SPVA, I dig it when conferences break the norm but are still correct.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT