ADVERTISEMENT

D-2 and D-1 favorites

Antone13

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2013
With 8 teams left in 8 man football who are the favorites?
In D-1 GACC and BDS look very tough. I believe who ever wins this week between those two has to be the favorite in Lincoln.
In D-2 CWC is still the hands down favorite and dont know if they will be challenged. In the East FCSH and HSF have to be the favorites. In Lincoln I think the East teams maybe beat up and so the edge will go to CWC.

With 8 teams left in 8 man football who are the favorites?
In D-1 GACC and BDS look very tough. I believe who ever wins this week between those two has to be the favorite in Lincoln.
In D-2 CWC is still the hands down favorite and dont know if they will be challenged. In the East FCSH and HSF have to be the favorites. In Lincoln I think the East teams maybe beat up and so the edge will go to CWC.
I like Wynot as a dark horse in the east. A few times this year they've seemed to shoot themselves in the foot with penalties but they put together a solid physical performance against Lawrence-Nelson last week that was pretty free from laundry as well. I like their odds considering whos left. I'm still a big believer in CWC in the west but ultimately very curious about Garden County. Seems like they are the only undefeated team this year that had no buzz about them. For D1 I was convinced for a while that BDS was king and just wasn't getting the respect because GACC has been a wire to wire #1 in most people's eyes. They looked like monsters against Bloomfield though and seem to have improved quite a bit over the course of the season. Not to overblow the hyperbole but if the GACC team that played Bloomfield could travel back in time and play the GACC team that played Howells-Dodge, I think GACC of the present would blow out GACC of the past. In the west its gotta be Amherst, unless Burwell figures it out the second time around. The Cinderella side of the west bracket I doubt will get past the Amherst-Burwell winner.

Amherst advances in the West and BDS in the East. BDS wins after runnerup just wasn't enough last year.

Creighton continues to stroll through the playoffs in the East. Was surprised that BDS put a beating on GACC, but Creighton seems to have it all this year and with Gene Suhr calling the plays, they could finally bring home the state title.

The team I am routing for is Clearwater/Orchard. Andy Kerkman creates a nightmare situation for match ups. Blake Kester and Zach Martin make it even tougher for defenses to prepare. If it's not a windy, rainy night, C/O could continue their streak and maybe win a state title. Burwell is good, but it's tough to beat a good team twice...

All this being said, I have not seen BDS. However, the best football from small school programs is played in Northeast Nebraska. I like either Creighton or C/O to win it all.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
All this being said, I have not seen BDS. However, the best football from small school programs is played in Northeast Nebraska. I like either Creighton or C/O to win it all.[/QUOTE]
BDS wins this sorry just to good

Burwell will do the same thing they did the fist time to C/O, roll them! BDS will win the east, no question. The best football in small school programs is not played exclusively in the northeast part of the state, the end. BDS wins state title over Burwell.

Reactions: ohiowa220
Gene Suhr great coach. Really knows his x's and o's and probably has a few jimmy and Joe's, they will be tough to beat with him at the helm! On a side note do they still have the fog machine?

Reactions: BigFeller
I have seen both Creighton and BDS...this is a very evenly matched gamed, wish I could see this one. BDS has the advantage on the O-line and D-Line, though Morrill from Creighton is a stud. Defensive edge goes to BDS, GREAT tackling team, and Creighton has a few weak points in their defense. Offensive edge goes to Creighton, Baller and Nueman (spelling) can flat out run and the Walton kids packs a punch, tough to defend that many weapons. BDS has outstanding skill guys as well and #5 and #2 will give the Creighton "D" problems. If I had to pick a team I'd go with the philosophy that defense wins championships. BDS will make enough plays on defense to win this game. Not gonna call a score because it's November in Nebraska, but I do believe the winner of this game wins it all.

I will go with hall of fame coach Suhr to scheme and plot out the W for the Bulldogs, planning goes along ways this time of year.

BDS owning Creighton 32-0 with 7 minutes to go....announcer says BDS is just to physical for Creighton

BDS 32-14. halftime score. I don't see Creighton stopping them. BDS very physical. Creighton got lucky at the end of half.

Congrats to BDS. Heck a program, great win over a tough Creighton team.

Pretty crazy how BDS and Exeter-Milligan are not too far away from each other and they just are great in football and boys basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT