ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Coach Openings

I saw on Football Scoop that Omaha Concordia is open.. Will be 6th or 7th coach in 12 or 13 years I believe..

Arlington
Bennington
Bishop Neumann
Broken Bow - Carlie Wells
Elkhorn North
Gering
Holdrege - Jake McLain
Omaha Concordia

File this under the “would be a GREAT story” category but a very reliable source told me Former Neumann, UNO, NFL TE Zach Miller has been approached to be the HC at Bishop Neumann. Millers career was cut short to the devastating knee injury that almost cost him his leg.

File this under the “would be a GREAT story” category but a very reliable source told me Former Neumann, UNO, NFL TE Zach Miller has been approached to be the HC at Bishop Neumann. Millers career was cut short to the devastating knee injury that almost cost him his leg.
That would be pretty awesome. Is he back in the area, already, I wonder?

Why wouldn’t Elkhorn North have a coach yet?Aren't they gonna have a team next school year? I think Damon Benning would be good.

Not 100% sure, but I think the Hyannis job is open as well. Anybody feel free to chime in if they have heard otherwise

I haven't heard any coaching announcements out of Elkhorn North. I know Elkhorn is expecting their teams from this year to basically split with few coming from E South.

Arlington
Bennington
Bishop Neumann
Elkhorn North
Gering
Holdrege - Jake McLain
Hyannis
Omaha Concordia

He lives in the Omaha area but highly unlikely- he still does a fair amount with the Bears yet and I can't see him leaving that gig. I'm sure he's been asked quite a bit as he has family in the area but post it under HIGHLY unlikely.

Arlington
Bennington
Bishop Neumann
Elkhorn North
Gering
Holdrege - Jake McLain
Hyannis
Omaha Concordia
Superior

He lives in the Omaha area but highly unlikely- he still does a fair amount with the Bears yet and I can't see him leaving that gig. I'm sure he's been asked quite a bit as he has family in the area but post it under HIGHLY unlikely.
Is “highly” but in all caps a different category than “highly” in lower case? Haha! Yes, as I said it would be unlikely but fyi he doesn’t have a “gig” with the bears. As in they aren’t paying him anything, he just flys up there for the home games and hangs out with his teammates, does a podcast, they love him there. Correct, he does live in the Omaha area which would make it fairly easy to drive to Wahoo for the Neumann job. Either way, not expecting it to happen but would definitely generate a lot of buzz in NE HS FB.

We've been making our rounds this week and things I've heard....

Elkhorn North will probably promote from within the Elkhorn district...Bennington has a ton of applicants and most think that's a sleeping giant job in Class B that could become a power here real quick.

Reactions: northeastNebraska

Elkhorn North will probably promote from within the Elkhorn district...Bennington has a ton of applicants and most think that's a sleeping giant job in Class B that could become a power here real quick.
Bennington is basically Elkhorn/Gretna from 10-15 years ago. They will probably explode in the next 5 years or so. I believe they are growing at a pretty high rate already.

Any ideas who it could be for the Elkhorn North job? I see they have job openings for basically all sports except for football.

Bennington is definitely a sleeping giant. They have the potential to be a consistent top 10 team in Class B if they get the right hire. It’s amazing they were playing C2 football in 2005.

Any ideas who it could be for the Elkhorn North job? I see they have job openings for basically all sports except for football.

A coordinator at one of the two HS's I believe. I think from Elk South if I heard right.

A coordinator at one of the two HS's I believe. I think from Elk South if I heard right.

Wonder if Fred Doscher at EHS, who was the head coach at Schuyler and Omaha South is in contention for the head job at E. North. I believe he will be the soccer coach and teaching there.

Elkhorn North is starting to hire some coaches.....Ann Prince has been named girls basketball coach

Reactions: Coach_White
From quick Google search, looks like both soccer coaches are moving from the head jobs at Elkhorn High. AD Ford is an assistant principal at High, and GBB Coach Prince is currently the assistant at Midland.

Arlington
Bennington - Kam Lenhart
Bishop Neumann
Elkhorn North
Gering
Holdrege - Jake McLain
Hyannis
Omaha Concordia
Superior

Not a head coaching opening but just a coaching change in general, loooooong time Cedar Catholic DC Mike Johnson is moving across the street to teach and coach at Hartington High.

Arlington
Bennington - Kam Lenhart
Bishop Neumann
Elkhorn North
Fillmore Central
Gering
Holdrege - Jake McLain
Hyannis
Omaha Concordia
Superior

Not a head coaching opening but just a coaching change in general, loooooong time Cedar Catholic DC Mike Johnson is moving across the street to teach and coach at Hartington High.
Holy cow! Even though, it's just across the street, that is a BIG change! Good luck, Mike.

Danny O'Boyle was named Gering's coach yesterday. He's been an assistant for Gering, Scottsbluff and Chadron and is the son of former Gering coach Tom O'Boyle.

Reactions: 24 ctr trap
Arlington
Bennington - Kam Lenhart
Bishop Neumann
Elkhorn North
Fillmore Central
Gering - Dan O’Boyle
Holdrege - Jake McLain
Hyannis
Omaha Concordia
Superior

will coach sloupdog be taking over the D then for the trojans. that is a big shoe to fill, he has been at Cedar along time and him and coach Cattau are excellent football minds

Arlington
Anselmo Merna
Bennington - Kam Lenhart
Bishop Neumann
Elkhorn North
Fillmore Central
Gering - Dan O’Boyle
Holdrege - Jake McLain
Hyannis
Omaha Concordia
Superior
Shelby Rising City

will coach sloupdog be taking over the D then for the trojans. that is a big shoe to fill, he has been at Cedar along time and him and coach Cattau are excellent football minds
Don’t you know guys know I only know Offense!!?? In the words of my good friend Jimmy Motz, All 3’s no D! HAHA

Reactions: runningback43
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT