ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Kearney Girls Basketball Coach

KPS super came out with something yesterday. I'm not sure either side is completely innocent on the way this went down but it doesn't look good. Crazy that they decided it was bad enough for him to be removed as a coach but is still ok to teach???

KPS super came out with something yesterday. I'm not sure either side is completely innocent on the way this went down but it doesn't look good. Crazy that they decided it was bad enough for him to be removed as a coach but is still ok to teach???
Disgusting!! Great point, you’re not fit to coach but we would love you to keep teaching??? Priorities are jacked up. What the coach did is wrong!!! Period!!( from the facts in the paper) But how the school handled it is worse!!!

Reactions: Ruttingbuck
Ya if the intended message is we can’t have you doing this as coach but by all means keep teaching the said players you coach is what they were going for they definitely hit it lol. How can they have enough evidence for him to resign as coach but not enough evidence to terminate his teaching contract?

Ya if the intended message is we can’t have you doing this as coach but by all means keep teaching the said players you coach is what they were going for they definitely hit it lol. How can they have enough evidence for him to resign as coach but not enough evidence to terminate his teaching contract?

Without weighing in on the evidence or lack there of, one's an extra duty contract that is at will and the other is a contract that might involve tenure, and would follow different laws.

The amount of evidence necessary to not renew the coaching contract at the end of the year is 0. They can do as they wish. Ending it mid-year, I'm not as sure. But it definitely wouldn't have the hoops to jump through, i's to dot, or t's to cross that terminating a tenured teacher would. Assuming he's tenured.

Just reading that superintendent statement, if he was not already planning to try to look elsewhere he probably should be. Not getting his teaching contract offered back for renewal is probably pretty likely based on how the superintendent didn't exactly hold back.

Without weighing in on the evidence or lack there of, one's an extra duty contract that is at will and the other is a contract that might involve tenure, and would follow different laws.

The amount of evidence necessary to not renew the coaching contract at the end of the year is 0. They can do as they wish. Ending it mid-year, I'm not as sure. But it definitely wouldn't have the hoops to jump through, i's to dot, or t's to cross that terminating a tenured teacher would. Assuming he's tenured.

Just reading that superintendent statement, if he was not already planning to try to look elsewhere he probably should be. Not getting his teaching contract offered back for renewal is probably pretty likely based on how the superintendent didn't exactly hold back.
This. They gave the guy an easy button to push, but he decided he was a victim and now he looks gross. The pearl clutching in town from some of the moms has been amusing. Basically, crying because the administration asked their kids questions without contacting them first…like their 3rd graders. 😂

Reactions: huskerfan1414
The plot thickens...
Someone is going to have to show "all" their cards on this deal. School admin case for dismissing him seemed sound but he must think he has something. Or he is digging in cuz he told his wife he didn't do anything and now has to try and prove it.

It’s still beyond wild to me that they think he might have had an inappropriate relationship with a player so he can’t coach but he’s allowed to still teach said player in social study’s potentially? Shouldn’t he be on administrative leave?
That was my thought as well

I would have trouble going to work everyday in that invironment. what a shit show.

Dude better get a lottery style settlement. Or have some other career in mind. He's absolutely killed his chances of ever teaching again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT