# 9 - Malcolm (8-1, 42.44)

# 5 - Aquinas Catholic (8-1, 44.33)
#12 - Gibbon (8-1, 41.67)

# 4 - Hastings St. Cecilia (8-1, 44.44)
#13 - Southern (7-2, 41.44)

# 3 - Freeman (8-1, 44.44)
#14 - Stanton (7-2, 41.22)

# 6 - Sutton (9-0, 44)
#11 - Hartington Cedar Catholic (7-2, 41.89)

# 7 - Oakland-Craig (8-1, 43.78)
#10 - Fillmore Central (7-2, 41.89)

# 2 - North Platte St. Patrick's (9-0, 44.67)
#15 - Southern Valley (6-3, 41)

FIRST FIVE OUT:
Yutan (6-3, 40.67)
West Holt (6-3, 40.33)
Kimball (6-3, 40.33)
Doniphan-Trumbull (5-4, 40.11)
Arcadia-Loup City (6-3, 39.67)

This post was edited on 10/24 11:47 PM by Mavric

Good work, Mavric! I got the same bracket :). But, I didn't do the tiebreakers.

This post was edited on 10/24 11:41 PM by troxel

Originally posted by cgerlach85:
Help me out, why Lutheran high over so valley for seed
Both teams ended with same power point average. First tie-breaker is head-to-head.....they didn't play each other.

Second tie-breaker is wins over Division 1 opponents. Neither team has such a win.

Third tie-breaker is wins over Division 2 opponents. Southern Valley has two such wins while LHNE has only one. So Southern Valley wins the tie-breaker over LHNE.

Had they still been tied, then total number of games played against Division 1 opponents would have been the next step. Still tied after that and the next step would have been looking at combined opponents' win percentage. If the teams in question are still tied, then a coin flip breaks the stalemate.

Southern Valley wins the tiebreaker based on 2 wins vs level 2 teams and Lutheran only has 1. (Neither team has a win vs level 1 team)

maybe the 'weed tweet' about battle creek players from the LHNE parent is going to back fire on them in the long run. not very Christian like from that parent to do something stupid like that. that only incites the kids to kick it up a notch. I wonder how that tweet that is going viral is going to work out for this team now. stupid is as stupid does.

wow jim really? Sandusky has nothing "in" you! We were just "screwing" around in the shower right cutie.....your just "butthurt" about the norfolk high lost. Oops....sorry mij

I'm fairly certain that a team that has to play on the road in the 1st round and advance to 2nd round would get home field you're facing a team that had a home game in the
1st round.

This post has been edited - yes, probably a little too hostile and all that was really needed was some clarification - my apologies.

Again, here they are:

1. First round home game goes to the highest seed.
2. Second round home games are assigned like this:
A: If both teams hosted the previous game, the higher seed gets to host
B: If ONE of the two teams played the previous game on the road, they get to host
C: If neither of the two teams hosted the previous game, the higher seed gets to host this round
D: It continues this way through the semi-finals

This post was edited on 10/26 2:20 PM by Football2002

Football 2002: This is my first year living in Nebraska, so this certain playoff system is completely different from the used where I grew up (Montana). So lighten up!!!!!

I don't know why anyone would expect LHNE to have any more Christians in it than Norfolk Catholic, or Falls City Sacred Heart (for examples). To the best of my knowledge, winning football games (or games in any other sport) is more important than "being Christian" at the vast majority of private (i.e. Christian) schools. They only think they are better than others, when, in reality, they are (at best) no different than any of the secular schools.

So that was directed at me 2002? I've been on here for ever? Same thing year after year? I've never posted a message on here before this year. I responded to his question from my phone. I didn't have time right at that moment to research it. I wasn't sure if the process was going to be the same since Class C went to 16 team format and no East/West division. But like I posted, I was "fairly certain" it would be exactly as you replied. I could have gone to the website and cut and pasted the answer to his question. You got a lot of pent up hostility...

This post was edited on 10/26 11:56 AM by sakhusker

Not directed at you either, FC Guy - the post was in general. This happens every single year. Many times by fans of teams who do make the playoffs every year.

Overly hostile e-mail and I'm not even sure why.

Again, very sorry.

Sorry my bad then... if my email sounded overly hostile it wasn't meant that way... I just thought you were calling me out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT