ADVERTISEMENT

Football ****Scores from Week #1****

You just had me curious, because with C-2 going to only 16 teams you better win 6 games. I love the teams I've had the past several years, but we did not have the size or depth to survive Northeast Nebraska C-2 Football for 9 games. Wondering what teams you thought were C-2 caliber play-off material.

Interesting Thought: For all of you coaches that opt down or are on the borderline of D-1 with the possibility of going back up. Try sitting down every year (or two years when it's time for the new cycle) and make up your 11-man offensive line tackle to tackle. Your Guards pretty much become your tackles (or if you have a big Center you move him.) Then you usually end up taking your Tight Ends or Fullbacks and they become your Center or Guards. Every year me and my O-Line Coach do this, and every year we have a kid starting on the o-line that didn't even start for us on the J.V. team the year before. Not a good place to ever be in at the 11-man level to start a season (or ever for that fact). Pretty much throw any double tight formation out the window as well because your Tight Ends just became interior linemen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT