ADVERTISEMENT

Second Round Matchups Breakdowns and Predictions: Class D2

northeastNebraska

All-State
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
(My class D1 picks are in the D1 thread)

EAST:

#8 CWC @ #1 Exeter-Milligan: Exeter-Milligan has beaten three great teams in D2 already this year. They blow by CWC. Exeter-Milligan wins 62-20

#5 Giltner @ #4 Humphrey St. Francis: Man I'd love to see this game. Giltner is 6-2, but their losses have come to Class D1 favorite BDS, and a Class D2 Exeter-Milligan. While St. Francis is business as usual, 9-0, a first round blowout over St. Mary's. This could be the game of the day. The home team wins, HSF wins 42-36.

#6 Randolph @ #3 Kenesaw: Kenesaw in the east bracket, that is weird to think. Kenesaw has one loss, to E-M, while Randolph has lost to Emerson (weird game, 12-6) and lost to defending runner-up Stuart. I think Randolph has the potential to pull an upset. I'm going with the Cardinals. Randolph wins, 36-34

#7 Falls City Sacred Heart @ #2 Stuart: What a great day of games in Class D2: This is a rematch of last years final, with Sacred Heart winning big. Stuart has not lost this year, while FCSH has two losses, but one is to a state champion in Missouri, and the other is Exeter-Milligan. This is a long road trip for the Irish, 320 miles, that may play a factor. But the Irish always come ready and they get the W on the road. Sacred Heart wins 42-30.

WEST:

#8 Paxton @ #1 Anselmo-Merna: A-M is rolling people with their explosive offense this year. Paxton's best player was hurt last week and will not play. Merna keeps rolling to the quarters. Anselmo-Merna wins 64-20

#5 Elwood @ #4 Sandhills-Thedford: Both teams are 6-2, (have a common opponent in Anselmo-Merna, both lost to A-M.) Elwood nearly pulled an upset last week against Kenesaw, and I think they do here, if you can call it an upset. Elwood wins, 40-32.

#6 Bertrand @ #3 Maxwell: Maxwell is having a heck of a season, 8-1, only loss to Garden County by 3. While Bertrand is sitting at 6-3, their losses have come to great teams in D2, Anselmo-Merna, Elwood and Kenesaw. Maxwell had a little trouble putting Medicine Valley away last week, I think they struggle a little bit here, but pull out the win. Maxwell wins in OT, 42-40.

#7 Brady @ #2 Garden County: Garden County is 9-0, but barely squeaked by #15 Mullen last week. Brady has an offense that can score at will, could Garden County be reeling a little bit? I think this is another close game, but I give the nod to the home team. Garden County wins 36-30.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT