#6 Deshler (5-3)
#11 Cody-Kilgore (5-3)

#7 McCool Junction (7-1)
#10 Sterling (5-3)

#2 Wilcox-Hildreth (8-0)
#15 Creek Valley (3-5)

*Tie-break between Hyannis and Minatare may come down to a coin-flip

Last edited:
C1: Boys Town is not in the field. Arlington won that district.

C2: Hastings St. Cecilia is ahead of North Bend Central do to tiebreaker (division 1 teams played).

C1: Boys Town is not in the field. Arlington won that district.

C2: Hastings St. Cecilia is ahead of North Bend Central do to tiebreaker (division 1 teams played).

You're correct.....my eyes are failing me at this hour :)

Thx for the heads up...I'll update above

Updated C1 bracket with Chadron in at #15 bumping out Lakeview. Forgot Chadron was the district champion

CLASS D1 (Unofficial)

EAST

#1 Creighton (8-0)
#16 Southern (4-4)

#8 Wisner-Pilger (6-2)
#9 Nebraska City Lourdes (5-3)

#4 Bruning-Davenport/Shickley (8-0)
#13 Osceola/High Plains (4-4)

#5 Lutheran High Northeast (7-1)
#12 Elmwood-Murdock (4-4)

#3 Guardian Angels Central Catholic (7-1)
#14 Thayer Central (4-4)

#6 Howells-Dodge (6-2)
#11 Cross County (4-4)

#7 Fullerton (6-2)
#10 Laurel-Concord-Coleridge (4-4)

#2 Exeter-Milligan/Friend (8-0)
#15 East Butler (3-5)

===========================

WEST
#1 Burwell (8-0)
#16 Palmer (2-6)

#8 Sutherland (6-2)
#9 Amherst (3-5)

#4 Hemingford (5-3)
#13 Arapahoe (5-3)

#5 Arcadia/Loup City (4-4)
#12 Elm Creek (3-5)

#3 Nebraska Christian (8-0)
#14 Ainsworth (3-5)

#6 North Central (5-3)
#11 Neligh-Oakdale (4-4)

#7 Dundy County-Stratton (6-2)
#10 Cambridge (5-3)

#2 South Loup (7-1)
#15 Ansley/Litchfield (3-5)

C2 I think Bergan wins tie breaker over Battle creek

Maybe I'm not as up to speed on the tie-breakers as I should be, and it is 1:30 a.m. ;) .......but I still think Battle Creek gets the nod over Bergan. Neither have a Division 1 or Division 2 win, BC has two Division 3 wins, Bergan only has one......so I have BC with the tie-break

Last one......then I need to go to bed :)

CLASS D2 (unofficial)

EAST
#1 Humphrey St. Francis (8-0)
#16 Wausa (3-5)

#8 Hartington-Newcastle (5-3)
#9 Clarkson/Leigh (5-3)

#4 Randolph (6-2)
#13 Plainview (3-5)

#5 Falls City Sacred Heart (7-1)
#12 Wynot (3-5)

#3 Bloomfield (8-0)
#14 Meridian (5-3)

#6 Osmond (6-2)
#11 Diller-Odell (5-3)

#7 Allen (5-3)
#10 Emerson-Hubbard (6-2)

#2 Johnson-Brock (8-0)
#15 Pender (4-4)

===============================

WEST
#1 Mullen (8-0)
#16 Paxton (2-6)

#8 Garden County (6-2)
#9 Medicine Valley (5-3)

#4 Overton (7-1)
#13 Giltner (4-4)

#5 Sandhills/Thedford (7-1)
#12 Bertrand (6-2)

#3 Clearwater/Orchard (7-1)
#14 Brady (4-4)

#6 Wauneta-Palisade (7-1)
#11 Lawrence-Nelson (5-3)

#7 Riverside (6-2)
#10 Central Valley (6-2)

#2 Kenesaw (8-0)
#15 Twin Loup (3-5)

Thanks for your hard, late-night work, Alum-ni. It's great to be able to see the brackets right when I woke up this morning and not having to wait for the NSAA website to update, crash, and then try to update again.

Should be another great year of Nebraska HS playoff football. What's the scouting report on Sutton? I haven't seen them play this year but was a little surprised at the 54-0 smackdown they put on St. Cecilia last night.

Brutal draw for Sutton. They likely have to beat Battle Creek, Aquinas, Norfolk Catholic, and Centennial to win state title.
That is brutal alright. Incidentally, except for a championship game against Centannial, most the teams in C2-3 already played that same schedule in the regular season.

That is brutal alright. Incidentally, except for a championship game against Centannial, most the teams in C2-3 already played that same schedule in the regular season.
Is this reply implying Centennial isn't legit? They beat Battle Creek, Aquinas and Sutton regular season. C2-4 was very tough district as well and they played Battle Creek and Sutton out of district.

Reactions: poobaehr33
Is this reply implying Centennial isn't legit? They beat Battle Creek, Aquinas and Sutton regular season. C2-4 was very tough district as well and they played Battle Creek and Sutton out of district.
No Cabbie, I believe Centennial is very legit, records don't lie. My confusing comment was meant to point out that most of the C2-3 teams had to play all those same playoff teams except Centennial. Just an observation.

Reactions: sportscabbie
I'm going to put Sutton on upset alert against Battle Creek. Battle Creek is playing some really good football right now. Sutton will have to throw the football to beat them.

Battle Creek IS playing well right now, especially on defense. Sutton has scored a ton of points against some real good competition however. Can't wait to see what a 6-3 defensive team from the northeast does against a high scoring team from the south. Sutton's defense is no slouch either, having 6 shut outs on the season. I suspect a low scoring game like Battle Creek and HCC was. Could come down to turnovers or 1-2 big plays.

I'm going to put Sutton on upset alert against Battle Creek. Battle Creek is playing some really good football right now. Sutton will have to throw the football to beat them.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but Battle Creek is 0-3 against the C2 playoff field while Sutton is 5-1. Battle Creek's 6 victories have come against teams with a combined win percentage of .222 while Sutton's 8 wins are against teams with a combined win percentage of .555. They do have a common opponent as they both lost to Centennial by 21 and 19 respectively, although Sutton had 6 turnovers in that game and still scored the most points against Centennial all season. Battle Creek has outscored opponents 244-118 while Sutton has gone 400-54, including 41 to Centennial.

I think Sutton's physicality and speed will be too much in this first round matchup. Mustangs by 28.

Reactions: hailvictors2
Battle Creek IS playing well right now, especially on defense. Sutton has scored a ton of points against some real good competition however. Can't wait to see what a 6-3 defensive team from the northeast does against a high scoring team from the south. Sutton's defense is no slouch either, having 6 shut outs on the season. I suspect a low scoring game like Battle Creek and HCC was. Could come down to turnovers or 1-2 big plays.
We've have seen Battle Creek already twice this season against 2 high scoring south teams and they lost both times. However they are a very young team and those 2 games were early in season, and they are playing really well right now. They gave Norfolk Catholic all they wanted. I wouldn't be surprised at all if BC was able to pull the upset. As I stated earlier that game is a brutal draw for a 2 seed. The northeast has a lot of depth and it hurt them this year with some good teams not making playoffs because of the depth. I believe HCC and Ponca are both top 16 teams in C-2 this year just strictly from a power rating stand point. However the few times the northeast teams have played top southern teams the southern teams have gotten the better of them. I believe Oakland- Craig against SRC could be a very close game as well.

Reactions: sportsjunkie2030
I'll be the first person to admit that I don't know much about Sutton. I do know that Battle Creek has improved a lot since the beginning of the season. If Sutton thinks they can sit back and run Maryland I and be one dimensional against Battle Creek they will have trouble. Norfolk Catholic who is the best team in C-2, had a hard time running the ball against Battle Creek. Cedar Catholic has one of the best backs in the state and Battle Creek held him to about 60 yards that game. Sutton better be able to throw the ball.

From what I have seen, Sutton is not a passing team. But in their defense they have not had to be. The Simonsen and Perrien kid are athletes and it appears they can throw when necessary. HCC was too one dimensional this year to beat Battle Creek. That along with the fact HCC only had 4 seniors. BC did take away the run from Norfolk Catholic, but NC did beat them with the pass. Sutton appears to have 10-12 seniors on the roster and that is where I give them the edge. Battle Creeks young team has definitely improved all season, and as much as I would like to see an upset, advantage goes to Sutton.

Sounds like we could be in for a good old fashioned, knockdown, drag out, slobberknocker, of a defensive battle. Neither team can run against the other, and who the heck knows if either one can throw. Man I love this time of year.

Reactions: coachsloup
Battle Creek isn't bad through the air. They have some pretty good wide receivers. QB is pretty good as well.

Battle Creek isn't bad through the air. They have some pretty good wide receivers. QB is pretty good as well.
Battle Creek
Offense - Passing
Completions 63
Passing Att 139
Passing Yards 897
Completion Percentage .453
Yards Per Completion 14.2
Passing Yards Per Game 99.7
Completions Per Game 7.0
Passing TDs 9
Passing TDs Per Game 1.0
Passing Int 10