ADVERTISEMENT

Other Sports Uploading past game film to YouTube

With the current climate of no high school sports. I’d love to see past coaches, current coaches, Athletic Directors, Parents, students researched through old boxes/closets for past game films, have their respective school create a school YouTube Channel and upload the game film.

This would be an great way to share the past also it would be like watching live games for the majority of fans. It may be hard to ask to find some old game film, but it’s well worth to keep the history alive. Plus for others to see old gyms, uniforms would be awesome. If anyone has questions or recommendations on how to convert your VHS to an MP4. Send me a message.

The Nebraska prep sports community needs to come together. This would be a great way to do that. Stay safe everyone. Below are a few videos online already.

Love this idea! Northeast, did you dig these out individually are are they out there together somewhere? I'd love to see a YouTube channel dedicated to old games!

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Love this idea! Northeast, did you dig these out individually are are they out there together somewhere? I'd love to see a YouTube channel dedicated to old games!
FbNut,

Here is a link to a large playlist.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8GN8ribKq7AEnCkLKpwlL1Iq-oMT6bZq

The only school that really seems to have a detailed library is Columbus Scotus. I hope more schools do this. It would be an awesome way to relive the past and celebrate old teams.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLydpXLq3wKj6kah4jS6YQRXUtc6AI_kqc

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLydpXLq3wKj7J6hgWzKhvrqsulRW8xas8

Once again, if there are any coaches, parents, athletic directors on here who have a tape library they would like digitized. Send me a DM and I’ll let you know pricing and the process.

Once again, if there are any coaches, parents, athletic directors on here who have a tape library they would like digitized. Send me a DM and I’ll let you know pricing and the process.
I would be interested in that, not sure how to DM on here.

I am traveling to North Platte on Thursday and am offering to stop in towns along Hwy 30 from Columbus to GI and I80 from GI to NP if anyone has any game film they’d like converted from VHS/MiniDV/DVD to YouTube. Send me a message if you are interested.

Reactions: nenebskers
That might be my favorite post ever on this board! A little research led me to discover that this game was played on Thanksgiving Day in 1942 and was won 6-0 by Lexington. The Gothenburg Times newspaper had a good article on the game and listed the starting line-ups for both teams. I only noticed three officials in the video and the paper listed a three man crew from Broken Bow. A number of the young men who played in this game were probably fighting in World War II within two or three years. Thanks for sharing. You should try to get this to the Nebraska High School Sports Hall of Fame.

>You should try to get this to the Nebraska High School Sports Hall of Fame.

Already sent it to them! Can't wait to see this added to their touch screens. This film canister was sitting in a box in a garage for years. Check your garages. Check your neighbors' garages. These game films are out there.

That might be my favorite post ever on this board! A little research led me to discover that this game was played on Thanksgiving Day in 1942 and was won 6-0 by Lexington. The Gothenburg Times newspaper had a good article on the game and listed the starting line-ups for both teams. I only noticed three officials in the video and the paper listed a three man crew from Broken Bow. A number of the young men who played in this game were probably fighting in World War II within two or three years. Thanks for sharing. You should try to get this to the Nebraska High School Sports Hall of Fame.

How awesome is this! Great work guys. The film quality is amazingly good, almost better than some from the 80's!

Assuming most if not all of these players have passed away. I wonder if any of these young men are still around though? If so, would put them around 95 or so, depending on grade.

Pretty cool seeing the band and shots of the sidelines up close.

How awesome is this! Great work guys. The film quality is amazingly good, almost better than some from the 80's!

Assuming most if not all of these players have passed away. I wonder if any of these young men are still around though? If so, would put them around 95 or so, depending on grade.

Pretty cool seeing the band and shots of the sidelines up close.
Heck that 1942 film is better quality than some of the films I’ve converted from the early 2000’s. What a great find. Like @TC53 said, these films are out there. Hit him and me up to get them on YouTube.

Heck that 1942 film is better quality than some of the films I’ve converted from the early 2000’s. What a great find. Like @TC53 said, these films are out there. Hit him and me up to get them on YouTube.
Not only was the quality of the old 8mm home movies incredible, but also the film never really degraded. My mom had home movies of a vacation she had as a kid in the late 40’s and we watched them 40 years later. As a history buff it has always perplexed me that it took almost a half century for videotape to match the quality of home movies

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT