ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Twin Loup? (Sargent)

northeastNebraska

All-State
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
I see they are 2-6. Granted they have played probably the toughest schedule in D1. (7-0 Hemingford, 6-1 Elm Creek, 5-2 North Central, 7-0 Amherst, and 6-1 Burwell.) Sargent has always been known to be dominant in football and they had a good team last year, did they lose a lot or what happened?

Man I am just waiting to see if they go full co-op with Burwell. That would be an awesome team with some big kids.

No clue what they lost from last season but I just watched them play last week at Burwell. They have something like 23-24 kids out and 19 are Sophomores, and good sophomores. They might be a little down this year but they will make the playoffs this year at 2-6 due to the craziest schedule I've seen and with a ton of experience back the next two years. Look for them to be very dominant in the next couple years because they look pretty darn good already with a bunch of young guys running around for them making plays.

Originally posted by coachsloup:
No clue what they lost from last season but I just watched them play last week at Burwell. They have something like 23-24 kids out and 19 are Sophomores, and good sophomores. They might be a little down this year but they will make the playoffs this year at 2-6 due to the craziest schedule I've seen and with a ton of experience back the next two years. Look for them to be very dominant in the next couple years because they look pretty darn good already with a bunch of young guys running around for them making plays.
Good to hear, I hope they get back to their winning ways. Rebuilding years happen to everyone.

I don't think that Burwell will ever coop with Twin Loup. No need. That would bump them clear up to C1 I think. They are just like any other small rural school. They go through cycles.

That would probably put them in a district with Valentine, BBow, Ord, Gburg, Cozad...etc. But maybe not?

Originally posted by Coach PowerT:
I don't think that Burwell will ever coop with Twin Loup. No need. That would bump them clear up to C1 I think. They are just like any other small rural school. They go through cycles.

That would probably put them in a district with Valentine, BBow, Ord, Gburg, Cozad...etc. But maybe not?
You are correct, I did not know Burwell had the numbers they have. If you add up the numbers from Burwell, Sargent and Loup County, it would be 147. Broken Bow is currently at 177, so yes they would be C1.

Not to discredit twin loop that does sound like a tough schedule just wanted to throw this out there for conversation but in my opinion Howells dodge has one of the hardest schedules this season with Central catholic (7-0) Fullerton (7-0) Creighton (7-0) all top 5 teams in class Dplus it looks like all 8 of the teams they played are playoff bound or would be if they were eligible (Humphrey/Lindsay holy family is 4-3 but ineligible for the playoffs) just my opinion tho

Originally posted by goldengeko:
Not to discredit twin loop that does sound like a tough schedule just wanted to throw this out there for conversation but in my opinion Howells dodge has one of the hardest schedules this season with Central catholic (7-0) Fullerton (7-0) Creighton (7-0) all top 5 teams in class Dplus it looks like all 8 of the teams they played are playoff bound or would be if they were eligible (Humphrey/Lindsay holy family is 4-3 but ineligible for the playoffs) just my opinion tho
Howells-Dodge did have a tough schedule, everyone they played will make the playoffs except Cross County and like you mentioned Humphrey/LHF because they are not eligible. CC, Creighton and Fullerton will all finish the regular season unbeaten.

Does Howells-Dodge advance far into the playoffs Goldengeko? I heard they had a key player go down with an injury a few weeks ago.

Cross county won last night by 40-50 point and predictions I have seen have them in I guess it depends on what all happens tonight but yea howells-dodge has had some injuries one starter is out for the year a very good running back and defensive back and a few others banged up any injury hurts when you only have 20 some kids out I think they could win a few games but d-1 is loaded especially on the east half and howells-dodge doesn't have the horses like years past can't wait for playoff football to start should be a crazy year

Cross county won last night by 40-50 point and predictions I have seen have them in I guess it depends on what all happens tonight but yea howells-dodge has had some injuries one starter is out for the year a very good running back and defensive back and a few others banged up any injury hurts when you only have 20 some kids out I think they could win a few games but d-1 is loaded especially on the east half and howells-dodge doesn't have the horses like years past can't wait for playoff football to start should be a crazy year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT