ADVERTISEMENT

Football Will we see OPS kids on the move?

northeastNebraska

All-State
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
This will be interesting to follow over the weekend and this upcoming week. How many kids move in with Grandma and Grandpa or and aunt or uncle outside of Omaha to play? Which I can’t blame some kids, especially those who are trying create film for a scholarship.

Or do some families who have the means to, rent an apartment in Fremont or Ashland or Blair?

This will be interesting to follow over the weekend and this upcoming week. How many kids move in with Grandma and Grandpa or and aunt or uncle outside of Omaha to play? Which I can’t blame some kids, especially those who are trying create film for a scholarship.

Or do some families who have the means to, rent an apartment in Fremont or Ashland or Blair?
I would not be surprised if at least 40 or more make the move, it doesnt take much to change ones address, several teams that might of been average and going to now be good and a few teams that were going to be good and now going to be great,

It is not as easy as one thinks to just transfer schools. Even if you change address it needs approval at different levels. I know we had a family move to the edge of our district and opt in they were cleared by the nsaa for the last 2 football games and they moved in july.

It is not as easy as one thinks to just transfer schools. Even if you change address it needs approval at different levels. I know we had a family move to the edge of our district and opt in they were cleared by the nsaa for the last 2 football games and they moved in july.
If you change your address to within that district you are immediately eligible and changing address is just way to easy. Simplest way accept by NSAA without question is, Have you legal guardian get two forms of mail with your name on it at that address, then go to that court house change your drivers license and register to vote in that county and your are immediately eligible for that district. Gentleman it is as simple as that, and the NSAA will accept and no approval is needed

If you change your address to within that district you are immediately eligible and changing address is just way to easy. Simplest way accept by NSAA without question is, Have you legal guardian get two forms of mail with your name on it at that address, then go to that court house change your drivers license and register to vote in that county and your are immediately eligible for that district. Gentleman it is as simple as that, and the NSAA will accept and no approval is needed

Not quite that simple, as a recent experience I had shows. In my experience a move occurred, but the family had to have proof the old home was sold before eligibility was granted.

I've heard ADs complain about a kid changing from living with mom in one district to living with dad in their district, and not being allowed eligibility.

Some of it depends on the schools involved allowing the ruse to go. One side makes a stink about the address just being a rented POB, or the kid commuting from the original address still, then it gets much more difficult as they have to prove it was a legitimate move, not just a work around.

These examples are kind of older, but the only public ones I could think of off of the top of my head where the work around of just getting an address was denied. It appears, from messages on this board, that the Riggs example was like the one I saw recently. Initially denied, but once the original home was sold, it was reversed and allowed.

Maybe for some people buying a new house and selling an your current one to get eligibility is not a big deal, but that would be out of the realm of possibility for me.

https://journalstar.com/sports/othe...cle_ca73ff3e-2428-55db-8513-dd5457b25dc4.html

https://journalstar.com/sports/high...cle_627c493f-5ed2-53d3-9dce-2476d48d38f4.html

Not quite that simple, as a recent experience I had shows. In my experience a move occurred, but the family had to have proof the old home was sold before eligibility was granted.

I've heard ADs complain about a kid changing from living with mom in one district to living with dad in their district, and not being allowed eligibility.

Some of it depends on the schools involved allowing the ruse to go. One side makes a stink about the address just being a rented POB, or the kid commuting from the original address still, then it gets much more difficult as they have to prove it was a legitimate move, not just a work around.

These examples are kind of older, but the only public ones I could think of off of the top of my head where the work around of just getting an address was denied. It appears, from messages on this board, that the Riggs example was like the one I saw recently. Initially denied, but once the original home was sold, it was reversed and allowed.

Maybe for some people buying a new house and selling an your current one to get eligibility is not a big deal, but that would be out of the realm of possibility for me.

https://journalstar.com/sports/othe...cle_ca73ff3e-2428-55db-8513-dd5457b25dc4.html

https://journalstar.com/sports/high...cle_627c493f-5ed2-53d3-9dce-2476d48d38f4.html
The rule that your house must sell first went out on 2016 and all you need is what I sated above

You also have to remember that many many kids rent and do not own a home

The rule that your house must sell first went out on 2016 and all you need is what I sated above

My experience was more recent than 2016. More proof was needed than what you cited, including proof of sale.

I do understand that not everyone owns, and I would presume in those cases that the requested evidence would fit the situation to prove a bonafide move. My only direct experience involved a home sale.

Again, I think a lot of it depends on the schools involved and the specifics of the family situation. It's not always as clear cut as one would expect.

My experience was more recent than 2016. More proof was needed than what you cited, including proof of sale.

I do understand that not everyone owns, and I would presume in those cases that the requested evidence would fit the situation to prove a bonafide move. My only direct experience involved a home sale.

Again, I think a lot of it depends on the schools involved and the specifics of the family situation. It's not always as clear cut as one would expect.
You may very well be right

What are the transfer rules in regards to private schools? Like if they transferred to Skutt or Mount Michael.

What are the transfer rules in regards to private schools? Like if they transferred to Skutt or Mount Michael.

You have to sit out 90 days on varsity if you go public to private. I believe if you left a private for the public school in your attendance area you could play right away.

You have to sit out 90 days on varsity if you go public to private. I believe if you left a private for the public school in your attendance area you could play right away.

That rule was changed last year, I think. Returning to your home school is a 90-day sitout now too...unless on the May 1st list or a domicile change.

page 27.

Reactions: TC53
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT